RPS Yokomo SE

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Re: RPS Yokomo SE

Post by Asso_man! »

Welcome Tak, great to have you here! My first question would be: where did you find all those RCPS Mirage bodies :?: :mrgreen:

kustomizerz
Approved Member

Post by kustomizerz »

Thank you very much for many compliments. Yes, I'm making those vintage cars to drive. I'm not interested in shelf queen. Why? because there is no shelf in my home. :|

My most favorite car is Yokomo 834B. I have had several cars when I was boy, and the best car for fun was 834B. Optima was much better for the race, but its fucking maintenance made me cry. I was gazing enviously at american hop-up parts like Delta, Hot Trick, MIP, CRP, RCH those days. In 1980s, Japanese yen was very low and import parts were too expensive to buy for boys.By reading magazines, I was knowing about very modified Dogfighters was running in US. About making modified 834B, it was my boyhood dream and am enjoying run them now. :D

Now we are doing vintage car race at Yatebe Arena and I often enter with my Dogfighter. Belt drive 834B was made to win that race. Actually it's difficult to win the race with 834B, because all 80's cars include RC10, 870C, Razer, Boost can be run that race. But It's very fun to have fight with my 834B against late models. I have won only one time.

Well, I don't have so many Mirage or Turbo Mirage bodies. The guy who has lots of Turbo Mirage body shells is my friend Tanaka. He is a webmaster of "Time Tunnel". I've been calling "Aku" by friends because our Japanese usually call by family name each other. But the first three words of my first name is Tak. So some of you guys know me as Tak. Several cars on Time Tunnel and written as "Aku" are my cars but they are not in "Old Off" area. All cars in the gallery are Tanaka's. But he already parted with some of his collection what is written car names in gray (ex. AYK buggies). I want to invite Tanaka to here but he is not good at english. I guess it's difficult to let him post message. :(

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Is this an ASA Camaro body at the start of the tread???
I think I've put one of these in the BST section yesterday.

TAK, Nagoya is a long way but I am sure going to try competing in at least one of your guys races at Yatabe.
Any rules I should be aware of?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

kustomizerz wrote:Thank you very much for many compliments. Yes, I'm making those vintage cars to drive. I'm not interested in shelf queen. Why? because there is no shelf in my home. :|

My most favorite car is Yokomo 834B. I have had several cars when I was boy, and the best car for fun was 834B. Optima was much better for the race, but its fucking maintenance made me cry. I was gazing enviously at american hop-up parts like Delta, Hot Trick, MIP, CRP, RCH those days. In 1980s, Japanese yen was very low and import parts were too expensive to buy for boys.By reading magazines, I was knowing about very modified Dogfighters was running in US. About making modified 834B, it was my boyhood dream and am enjoying run them now. :D

Now we are doing vintage car race at Yatebe Arena and I often enter with my Dogfighter. Belt drive 834B was made to win that race. Actually it's difficult to win the race with 834B, because all 80's cars include RC10, 870C, Razer, Boost can be run that race. But It's very fun to have fight with my 834B against late models. I have won only one time.

Well, I don't have so many Mirage or Turbo Mirage bodies. The guy who has lots of Turbo Mirage body shells is my friend Tanaka. He is a webmaster of "Time Tunnel". I've been calling "Aku" by friends because our Japanese usually call by family name each other. But the first three words of my first name is Tak. So some of you guys know me as Tak. Several cars on Time Tunnel and written as "Aku" are my cars but they are not in "Old Off" area. All cars in the gallery are Tanaka's. But he already parted with some of his collection what is written car names in gray (ex. AYK buggies). I want to invite Tanaka to here but he is not good at english. I guess it's difficult to let him post message. :(

Well it is about time! Welcome Tak. Hope you plan to share some pics other than what is on Tanaka's site. Hope all is well.

Jay (aka mrlexan)
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

kustomizerz
Approved Member

Post by kustomizerz »

Ok, I have made small gallery of my runners. Some pictures were picked from Time Tunnel but you would know which car is Tak's car by seeing these pictures.
Attachments
s-mydogs.jpg
Dog Fighters
s-mydogs.jpg (245.03 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
Dog Fighters
Dog Fighters
s-mydogs.jpg (245.03 KiB) Viewed 1408 times

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Mr. ED wrote:Is this an ASA Camaro body at the start of the tread???
I think I've put one of these in the BST section yesterday.
No, it was the Mercedes dirt oval body—Andy's first, as a matter of fact. I'm trying to recall the ASA Camaro, because I don't recall ever seeing one. Do you have a photo you can post of it, Ed?

kustomizerz
Approved Member

Post by kustomizerz »

Hot Trick Conversions.
Attachments
s-myhts.jpg
s-myhts.jpg (204.34 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
s-myhts.jpg
s-myhts.jpg (204.34 KiB) Viewed 1401 times

kustomizerz
Approved Member

Post by kustomizerz »

Ed,
You should join our meeting at first. Yatabe is very tough circuit and it needs training to enjoy the race.

PS: That Mercedes body made by Andy's is 560SEC.
Attachments
s-myothers.jpg
s-myothers.jpg (176.97 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
s-myothers.jpg
s-myothers.jpg (176.97 KiB) Viewed 1391 times

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Let me be the first to bow down to those cars :D Absolutely stunning!
Old school racing all the way!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Woobie and I have long admired Tak's work..... he has been the subject of many conversations (all good of course). I would say beyond stunning!
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

carloco8 wrote:Let me be the first to bow down to those cars :D Absolutely stunning!
I agree there are a few cars in the photos that gave me wood :roll:

Woobie
Approved Member

Post by Woobie »

Hey Tak,

Tell your friend Tanaka about this site, and have him use Babelfish to post his threads. He can type everything, then just use Babelfish.com to translate into English for us, and it is nothing harder than cutting and pasting text. Same with reading all of our nonsense.

Scott

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Oh man! I can't tell you how many times I've drooled over Tak's cars. They are stunning. What an impressive collection. I use the site for reference too. It should be in book form at the library in the reference section. :lol:

kustomizerz
Approved Member

Post by kustomizerz »

Tell your friend Tanaka about this site, and have him use Babelfish to post his threads. He can type everything, then just use Babelfish.com to translate into English for us, and it is nothing harder than cutting and pasting text. Same with reading all of our nonsense.
Yeah, I will try it. But I don't guarantee his response. :?

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Hi Tak it's a bit too far to yatabe to practise.
But I found 2 tracks closer to Nagoya: Sunny land and KND in Gifu prefecture.
I will make sure to get some practise there first.

I hope you guys keep the moters a bit down: I'm not planning to put any wild stuff into my vintage buggies.

For now I've been preparing the buggy mostly, and running just a bit of on-road to get started again.
The YR-4 will get a descent work-out :twisted: hopefully that will help to keep the Ultimat'ED under control too.