Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

marlo
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by marlo »

Damn it, just my luck, I got a perfect chassis. I was very much hoping for one without counter sunk hole's. had a look over some of the parts very quickly, Some look very close to the American originals, but you can tell what's new vs. original.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Did yours have the crushed areas by the rear arm mounts? Just wondered if that was only on some as well
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

gomachv wrote:Did yours have the crushed areas by the rear arm mounts? Just wondered if that was only on some as well
Not sure what you mean...Are you talking about the #6360's, I just gave them a very quick look, and found the "L", and "R" to be on opposite side's then the originals, so you cannot get them mixed up, do you have a pic?

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

I looked at a old black B chassis I have, it has the crushed areas near the mount area as well.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

clm wrote:Should save that factory error chassis.... it might be worth money someday :lol:

Chris
I would think it would be something that I would put aside, but I doubt it'll fetch high dollars, so send it my way for a minty new replacement :twisted:

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

I had a hell of a time getting all the bags to fit back in the box, I tried so many different combo's till I got the lid to close :?

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

knixdad wrote:I looked at a old black B chassis I have, it has the crushed areas near the mount area as well.
The crushed area your referring to is made by the punch & die they use to cut the slot in the chassis

Morten Max

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

marlo wrote:I had a hell of a time getting all the bags to fit back in the box, I tried so many different combo's till I got the lid to close :?
Haha they don't even have the front anti roll bar, MSC, motor, and suicide cables in the box anymore!

This is the area I was referring to, I remember it being there but not so "blatant"
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 639 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 639 times
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

I was out of town this weekend and got an email on Saturday saying they could not process my backorder because my card was decline...DUH...just got a new debit card last month because there was a security breach at my bank and they had to cancel a bunch of card numbers and re-issue cards with new numbers...I forgot all about this being on the old number...now I have to wait for Monday to straighten it out. It did say they were holding my product for me and gave me an email address to contact so I did. Just a little bummed I have to wait a bit longer but I will not be building right away anyway.

-Joe

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

OH, ok, my bad, yes Mine is like that as well, The colour of my chassis is the same tone as my late "C" stamp. Motor plate, as the nose plate seem to all match. The shocks, are more of a bright gold, and glad to say the shock caps will never get confused with originals :wink:

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

that happened to me when i preorder the tamiya black porsche reissue, but when i went to reorder they were sold out!

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

That looks just like my 2 black B stamp and my C stamp
However
My 2 A stamp are slightly different

Morten Max

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

joeman37 wrote:I was out of town this weekend and got an email on Saturday saying they could not process my backorder because my card was decline...DUH...just got a new debit card last month because there was a security breach at my bank and they had to cancel a bunch of card numbers and re-issue cards with new numbers...I forgot all about this being on the old number...now I have to wait for Monday to straighten it out. It did say they were holding my product for me and gave me an email address to contact so I did. Just a little bummed I have to wait a bit longer but I will not be building right away anyway.

-Joe
Let me guess, Chase? Lol- same deal here. We are sending you a new card cause we think there is a problem, but were gonna leave your old card operational just let us know if you see any fraud :roll: I miss Washinton Mutual, wish I had left when Chase took over. It's on my list if things to do...lol.
Factory Works website

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

gomachv wrote:
Let me guess, Chase? Lol- same deal here. We are sending you a new card cause we think there is a problem, but were gonna leave your old card operational just let us know if you see any fraud :roll: I miss Washinton Mutual, wish I had left when Chase took over. It's on my list if things to do...lol.
No this was Associated Bank and they sent the new card with a letter that said the old card and number would be deactivated in 30 days if I activated the new one or not. I was a little irritated because I had the old number memorized but I have Packer checking and have been saving my old Packer Debit cards to display one day when I closed the account but now I can do it early. Just hope I can still get in on this batch and I also have nothing showing my discount will apply because when I ordered it said the $40 discount on purchase over 250 would apply when all back ordered items shipped so they should be looking for 210 but said they were trying to charge my card 250.

-Joe

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

gomachv wrote:This is the area I was referring to, I remember it being there but not so "blatant"
definitely more apparent. theres about 3x more of the pinch distortion back by the rear arm mounts.