RC10 Carbon Talk

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Carbon Talk

Post by yellowdatsun »

Honestly, it looks pretty beat. There's not much on there that is supposed to be. If the guy said it was a 1984 model, he was full of crap. The front suspension arms, the chassis, the front wheels, body, and other stuff is not from 1984. It's a miss-match of all kinds of parts. The front wheels, front suspension mounts, rear bulkhead, and rear tranny may be 1984, but that's about it. Would likely be a difficult sell due to this. If you put the time and money into making things correct, it would be worth more, but you'd be spending money in the process, so it's likely a wash. So sell it, drive it, part it out, the choice is yours. It's not a diamond-in-the-rough unfortunately.

Lucky for you the body is not painted. Soo, you could just clean up the chassis, get some nice wheels, decent shocks, and do a nice paint job, and on the shelf it would look just fine.

The Traxxas is an older model. I don't know which one, but it's definitely not something recent.

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

The Traxxas truck looks like the earliest version of the Sledgehammer, came out in I believe 1989?

thenewb187

Post by thenewb187 »

yup i have no clue the guy was kinda trailer trashy but i have no clue i really dont care i got shocks coming in the mail and all the other parts...eh i might just throw it in on a trade i could care less. its an rc car i get them and trade them quick unless they are something like a 5th scale hpi baja i dont know jack about these old cars but oh well it a toy and the graphite chassis isnt beat at all so the main part if it is old is in good shape again ill prolly end up topping off a trade with it i came here not fora dick measuring contest but to trade this buggy for somebody who knows what to do with it.

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Post by yellowdatsun »

thenewb187 wrote:i came here not fora dick measuring contest but to trade this buggy for somebody who knows what to do with it.
If you don't want us to be honest, that's fine, but we (I) did the best I could on informing you of exactly what you have. Which is what you wanted.

As for selling it, you can't in this forum, and that post may even get deleted. There's a buy-sell-trade section, but you have to be a participating member on here for a while to access it. Again, not trying to berate you, that's just the facts.

Now, if you want to build it into a shelf queen, or even a runner, the guys on here are MORE than willing to help you out. They're really good cars, and when set up right can even (almost) compete with todays cars. But, the RC10 is FAR easier to drive, and more forgiving if you make mistakes at the track. So they're good cars to drive. So build it and drive it, sell it (craigslist), ebay it, whatever. If you want to hang around we'll lend you a hand.