Post by stickboy007 »

Just had a crisis.

Uggghhh...

There's another one.

just
Approved Member

Re: Yokomo Works '91 Drescher Edition

Post by just »

What a beauty, thank you for posting this. Until today i didnt even know a conversion like this exists ...

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

Wow.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Love it!! Great build. Just stunning. 8)

Shawn

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Dual wrote:After disassembling the car, I believe that this car was hardly if ever run on a dirt track… Indoor, AstroTurf and even Grass but not on dirt.
We don't race on dirt in the UK, if we did we would be racing on mud more often than not.
Custom Chassis and Top Deck: I do not know the origin of the chassis and top deck. The design and geometry of the chassis is identical to the Works '91 chassis with the obvious exception being the cell layout/configuration. I vaguely remember reading a Hansell Composites advertisement in a Radio Race Car magazine about a Phil Booth designed chassis for the Yokomo with a revised cell layout and custom top deck. Maybe someone here on 10Talk has seen this chassis and top deck configuration before?
Can't help with the chassis, but Hansell Composites is the company that became known as Fibre-Lyte when they started selling direct to the public.
Feel free to leave comments and questions. Here are some links for some other fine examples of the Drescher Edition over at TamiyaClub-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=29579&id=3019
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=85782&id=297
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=29580&id=3019
The second one in that list is mine, and came from a CML works team driver so is an accurate spec that they raced with, with the Drescher front suspension and top deck. The Drescher rear arms weren't that often used.

One part not fitted to mine is that they adapted the Associated Stealth slipper to run on them using a new layshaft and a machined alloy slipper hub with belt pulley. Being machined in aluminium the pulley with my car is now very worn which is why it is no longer fitted to mine.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

That is one sweet 'Works' Vin - a real credit to you! I especially like all the MMS parts (a company normally associated with option parts for Schumacher cars)

I remember when I was involved getting my WCS chassis re-produced that I exchanged a few e'mails with Martin Hansell who said that they worked closely with Craig's father on the design of many of the carbon chassis parts - so it would seem correct that Hansell/ComCom/Fibrelyte were the manufacturers for these parts :wink:

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

I've got an ex UK Factory Team car myself. Its got the mms parts mentioned above and the drescher top deck. Was wondering if anyone could help with identification of the front c hubs - blue ballraced machined aluminium (possibly team suzuki??) and the steering arms which are ballraced machined aluminium.

Tim
works 91 above.jpg
steering bellcrank 1.jpg

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hi Tim,

Nice Yokomo Team car you have there. Looks to be in very good condition. Would love to see some photos of this car.

If the front C hubs are Team Suzuki items, then they were machined to accept ballraces as the stock TS hubs did not have this feature. Very nice. Some close up shots would be helpful.

The steering bellcrank is possibly GPM. I have a set of these bellcranks (and a set of front and rear hub carriers) anodized in red and the previous owner mentioned that they were GPM items.

Welcome to the RC10talk board Tim. Lots of good people around here and plenty of information.

Vin

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

Hi Vin,
Thanks for the reply / comments. Been doing a lot of reading so far on the forum, so much knowledge and so much information to take in!
The car's in bits in a couple of boxes at the moment awaiting a light clean and rebuild. I'll dig out the bell cranks and C hubs in the next day or so and post a couple of pics. Might have a couple of other pre-strip pics of the buggy too i can put up, otherwise you'll have to be patient!

Tim

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

Here's a few pic's of one of the 'C' hubs as promised, best i can get with my phone

cheers
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

either early yeah racing carriers or fastrax carriers? that's the only two i could think of for the bearing supported kingpins. if the kingpins are yokomo parts then the carriers were obviously sold as an option from another factory. but if the kingpins aren't yokomo and another size then vin's theory of the carriers being drilled out could be true.

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

I think you nailed it littleVETTE. From the colour of the anodizing, I would agree that they are Fastrax items. They don't look like they have been drilled out unless they were anodized afterwards.

Very nice items you have there Tim. Keep the photos coming :)

Vin

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

also, i forgot to add that they would have the number of degrees etched onto the sides of the carriers if they were team suzuki.

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

Cheers guys,

We'll go with Fastrax for the hubs then, definately no etching of degrees on the sides of the hubs, only L & R. And if they were drilled out and reanodized someones done a bloody good job because i can't tell close up.
I'll put a few pic's of the bell cranks up tomorrow, just got to get them off the phone and resize them.
All this talking about the car has got me motivated to get it back together again, so i'm almost halfway there already! I'll post some pics on a new thread when she's finished.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

here's another set i came across from cross racing. a little different than your carriers.

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

Wish i hadn't seen those, really liking the red!!
Here's a few photo's of the steering bell crank that came on my '91. Any help identifying the manufacturer appreciated as always.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg