Properly Motivated

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Re: Properly Motivated

Post by LTO_Dave »

I'm with most of you guys on this subject. It comes down to a lack of time, money, parts and focus.

As I'm gathering parts for one build, something shiny catches my attention and I end up starting another build after buying a single part.

And as long as I finish a build before scr8p, I feel like I've done good. :lol:

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

Definitely project A.D.D. just like Dave said. I'll be gathering parts for a project then something else catches my eye and I take off that direction!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I'm probably too RC motivated as it skews my priorities, which I
I know is wrong. My wife will probably divorce me before not too long. I've done RC every day of my life for the past 25 years, I don't know any different. I have a couple of full size cars that are partially restored and need attention which should be my priority. I guess once I get back to a happy place in RC I'll concentrate on the full size cars. I've probably got about 10 cars to finish up to get to that point.

I only loose motivation when parts become difficult to find.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

RC10th wrote:I have a couple of full size cars that are partially restored and need attention which should be my priority.
that's where i'm at. gotta focus on the big toys awhile. stuff is finally getting done to my 55 chevy for the first time in 10-11 years. hopefully, i'll be driving it next year.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

scr8p wrote:
RC10th wrote:I have a couple of full size cars that are partially restored and need attention which should be my priority.
that's where i'm at. gotta focus on the big toys awhile. stuff is finally getting done to my 55 chevy for the first time in 10-11 years. hopefully, i'll be driving it next year.
That's where I was at last summer, but this summer the spending money just hasn't been there--for either 1:1 or 1:10 cars. The only thing I could afford to do this summer is restore the Charger's heater box. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

for many.... many years, my car was buried. i couldn't work on it even if i wanted to. well, there's no excuse for it now. my dad purchased 2 4 posts lifts for the pole building so my car is up off the ground. all i have to do is pull the car out from under it, and drop it down. now, working in the pole barn isn't ideal (minimal lighting and no air compressor...yet). but i can always drag it up into "scr8p's shop" with the tractor.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Man, I wish I had one of those lifts! Sure would make working on a lot of stuff much easier!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ya, they're nice. right now they're really just for storage. but eventually, we'll get some more lights, oulets, as well as a compressor down there so we can actually work in there.

i kinda wish he would've bought at least one 2 post lift. it would've made taking bodies off frames, and putting them back on a whole lot easier.
004.JPG

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

nice collection .. whats under the cover ? we work on alot of the older and custom cars at the shop http://autofunctions.ca/Home.html .. ive been building cars before i could drive .. would love to build a 55 shoebox

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

it's an 87 monte carlo ss aerocoupe. not this exact car but identical to it.
_big_aeclassiccars_35704.jpg

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

nice i had a 88 ss clone with t top and seats swaped from a 90 daytona lazer and made the rear seat fold down for 2 12 subs

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

scr8p wrote:it's an 87 monte carlo ss aerocoupe. not this exact car but identical to it.
OMG! Do want!!!! :shock: I was just telling my wife earlier tonight that's the car I want! I just want white or silver instead.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

integra22t wrote:nice i had a 88 ss clone with t top and seats swaped from a 90 daytona lazer and made the rear seat fold down for 2 12 subs
i have an 88 that i bought back in '96. though not as nice today as it was back then that's for sure.....
88montess.jpg

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

hawgfanman wrote:
scr8p wrote:it's an 87 monte carlo ss aerocoupe. not this exact car but identical to it.
OMG! Do want!!!! :shock: I was just telling my wife earlier tonight that's the car I want! I just want white or silver instead.
there's plenty of nice ones out there for sale...... at decent prices these days too.

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

Yea, there's a couple on craiglist here in Houston. I just don't think the wife would appreciate me draining the savings account to buy one! :lol: