A Different Type of Road Rage

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: A Different Type of Road Rage

Post by flipwils11 »

Alright time for me to pile on my pet peeves:

Priuses: Get the F out of the left lane. If you want to save the planet and smile with smug satisfaction about your slow ass hybrid POS stay the hell out of my way.

Anyone in the left lane that does not move to the right: You are a dumbass. I will make an aggressive move (but safely) to pass you on the right but then cut back in front of you and continue on my way. You are the a-hole, not me, because your ineptitude and lack of awareness of your surroundings caused the situation. It you are driving a Prius I usually make it a point to cut back in front of you very close to your right front fender.

I lived in Chicago for 8 years, I drive high hp, rear wheel drive performance cars, and I run a valentine one radar detector at all times. BUT I always make it a point to speed safely, but many do-gooders I have noticed too think it is their duty to slow me down or try to block me. :roll: I think the kind of car you drive puts some people on the defensive (or I guess in the case of blocking me, aggressive) right away.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Carlin pretty much sums it up for me.
[youtube]hkxaF5Pq5D8[/youtube]
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

My driving instructor had Parkinson's which made for an interesting learning experience. :?

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

flipwils11 wrote:You are the a-hole, not me, because your ineptitude and lack of awareness of your surroundings caused the situation. It you are driving a Prius I usually make it a point to cut back in front of you very close to your right front fender.
And here I thought it was just me that got attitude from the morons causing the problem. :? :roll: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I saw a great bumper sticker at a local hot rod show: "This truck cancels 3 Priuses". :lol:

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

flipwils11 wrote:I lived in Chicago for 8 years, I drive high hp, rear wheel drive performance cars, and I run a valentine one radar detector at all times. BUT I always make it a point to speed safely, but many do-gooders I have noticed too think it is their duty to slow me down or try to block me. :roll: I think the kind of car you drive puts some people on the defensive (or I guess in the case of blocking me, aggressive) right away.

I guess I'm one of those do-gooders, depending on my mood. Just because you or anyone has a high-HP car and radar detector doesn't mean you automatically have the right to break the law. I drive high-HP AWD cars, but I don't do 100+ MPH just to stop and pick up some milk and eggs at the local grocery store. There is no such thing as speeding safely. Speeding without getting caught sounds better. :roll:

Chances are the kind of car you drive dictates how you drive to some extent. As of lately, new Camaro/Mustang/Charger owners have proven to be total dicks. Just because I have an aftermarket downpipe and cat-back on my car doesn't automatically mean I want to race your 2.5-ton modern muscle car. :roll:

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

LTO_Dave wrote: I guess I'm one of those do-gooders, depending on my mood. Just because you or anyone has a high-HP car and radar detector doesn't mean you automatically have the right to break the law. I drive high-HP AWD cars, but I don't do 100+ MPH just to stop and pick up some milk and eggs at the local grocery store. There is no such thing as speeding safely. Speeding without getting caught sounds better. :roll:
Then congratulations on being a part of the problem and not the solution. And police everywhere would be unanimous in saying you are out of line trying to block me or whatever tactics you employ. Don't pretend to be a traffic cop. Oh and I have encountered people like you several times on the road and I am great at needling you types to completely lose it showing your true road rage colors! It is fantastic actually, much more satisfying to me than he middle finger salute even though left lane do-gooders deserve that too.

Regarding speed safely, the natural flow of traffic routinely exceeds the posted limits on most non-residential roads every day in this country and has so for years. How is it that there is not widespread death and carnage?

I never said I had the right to break the law, but like other drivers I try not to stand out too much from the pack when I exceed the speed limit. What about you Dave, do you not break any laws I guess?

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

The statistics say it - 89% of the drivers consider themselves better than average.
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I can sympathize. My ex is Chinese and she was always banging up the cars. She backed my G35 into a tow hitch hanging off a suburban dentin the rear quarter panel and taking a chunk out of the lip of my 1 week old aftermarket wheels. In the end she took my car so it's her problem now.

I think it boils down to non native drivers. If you didn't grow up watching your parents drive or even have a car, youre already at a disadvantage. Here in the San Francisco bay area we have every kind of ethnicity so you can imagine driving around here is hell.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

RC10resto wrote:
People ride my ass when I'm doing the posted speed limit or a little over
well if you are in So Cal and you are doing this in the "fast" lane and there is nobody in front of you I will be giving you the salute :P
Agreed, one of my bigger pet peeves while driving. If you're in the fast lane and holding up people behind you, GTF outta the way. What pisses me off almost as much is when I'm in the fast lane, slowasses are in the same lane ahead of me (I follow at a safe distance, I don't ride people's bumpers on the highway because it's just plain stupid), and some jackass in a 4x4 rides right up my rear bumper so I can't even see his headlights in my rear window anymore, and makes like he's pissed off that I'm slowing him down. Where the hell am I gonna move to if several cars are immediately in front of me??!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

LTO_Dave wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:I lived in Chicago for 8 years, I drive high hp, rear wheel drive performance cars, and I run a valentine one radar detector at all times. BUT I always make it a point to speed safely, but many do-gooders I have noticed too think it is their duty to slow me down or try to block me. :roll: I think the kind of car you drive puts some people on the defensive (or I guess in the case of blocking me, aggressive) right away.

I guess I'm one of those do-gooders, depending on my mood. Just because you or anyone has a high-HP car and radar detector doesn't mean you automatically have the right to break the law. I drive high-HP AWD cars, but I don't do 100+ MPH just to stop and pick up some milk and eggs at the local grocery store. There is no such thing as speeding safely. Speeding without getting caught sounds better. :roll:
The thing is, it's not your job to make everyone else do good. If I'm doing 13 over the limit, passing most people in the middle and right lanes, and some guy flies up behind me doing 35 over, I'll get the hell out of his way as soon as possible and let him get a speeding ticket. There's just no excuse for holding people up, whether a person is just being oblivious, ignorant of the rules of the road, or by forcing others to slow down to abide by the rules. Unless you're a cop, get out of the wrong lane, you have no right to exert your influence on others who want to drive faster than you. ;) Drive as slow as you like in the right lane and nobody will complain.

It's amazing how well this system works in multi-lane highways when people follow these basic rules; and incredible how f***ed up things get when people DON'T.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote:Unless you're a cop, get out of the wrong lane, you have no right to exert your influence on others who want to drive faster than you. ;) Drive as slow as you like in the right lane and nobody will complain.
Best thing ever, when a cop rolls up behind the slow-poke in the fast lane, hits his lights, and shows them to the side of the highway, then takes off once they're pulling off! WOOHOO!!!
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

My favorite thing to do with the left lane Prius you ask? With 6200#, 444ci of Turbo Diesel goodness at 600+ HP I get in front of them and bury the throttle and in 15 sec undo all the good that crap box does for the environment in a black cloud of soot.

J/K........ But seriously, let's keep our language in check even though its on cars

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I obviously don't live and drive in a large city like many of you, so our views on traffic are totally different. And if you mean I'm part of the problem by doing the posted limit, then so be it. I find that it makes people like you even more enraged when they have to slow down to the actual speed limit like everyone else.

I mostly drive on narrow rural back roads without any painted lines and normal double-yellow line roads, so there is no slow lane and everyone is missing the point. :roll:

And to answer your question, no I don't break the law and have never had any type of traffic citation in all my years of driving. Keep it on the track if you want to drive like a tool. I could downshift, spool-up and leave you wondering what just happened, but I don't. :wink:

I always hear about the flow of traffic argument and find it amusing that people actually think it's a legit reason. Apply that logic to any other type of law-breaking activity and ask yourself how much sense it makes. :roll:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

LTO_Dave wrote:I obviously don't live and drive in a large city like many of you, so our views on traffic are totally different.
I guess if one is driving like a country bumpkin by not understanding how things work on roads with more than one lane, one has to educate oneself on proper driving etiquette and rules. Your anti-"flow of traffic" argument comparison to all other law-breaking activity is a poor analogy. A better one is, "When in Rome, do as they do". Go with the flow. If your flow is slow, then use the appropriate lane and don't mess everyone else up and become an accident RISK. How is that concept so difficult to grasp?

By acting like a lump of crap, constipating the proverbial colon (another more valid ANALogy, heh), you may think you're being a safe driver, but you're actually an accident waiting to happen. Yeah, you might drive away from it totally unaware that you caused it, but you were probably the cause. ;)