RC12E clone runner project. ***Finished***

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

teman
Approved Member

Re: RC12E clone runner project.

Post by teman »

Sweet 12 8)

Just a suggestion but if you're racing, ditch the stock front axels for these while you can...
8043 copy.jpg
8043 copy.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
8043 copy.jpg
8043 copy.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LUNS&Product_Code=8043&Category_Code=AXEL
-Kevin

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Mr. ED wrote:wow, I'd cal that 'back from hell with a vengeance'. You really made it shine better than new.
How does it not conform with regulations?
(I was lucky: I showed up with my old plazma and they let me compete along with the Mardaves as the design is equally outdated and they allow schumacher supastox also anyway)
By the way my mention of slot cars was in reference to the wound resistors which were used in the handgrip controllers. I should still have one hidden in a rusty box.

Thanks man! The track rules look to be strict although I haven't actually asked them yet. They want you to run lipo and brushless motors. They go as far as checking the motors before the race. They even dictate the body to be used. It's an impressive operation they have.

Rules:
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=55

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8038

They have an indoor carpet and dirt track plus rock crawling and helicopters and shop all under one roof.
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74:2012-roar-carpet-nationals-pictures&catid=37:event-photos&Itemid=82

Also you can watch the racing via a live track cam. Switch at the bottom to view different areas.
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/tcmed.htm

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

gomachv wrote:I love it!!!!!

I'm glad you approve! :mrgreen: I forgot to mention that those Corally 1/12 donuts are the bomb too! The best donuts I've seen so far. The old Proline donuts I was getting needed a lot of truing and some were unusable due to being so crooked. The Corally donuts are nearly perfect from the package despite being universal in size. I just needed to true the edges for width and a little on the contact area to smooth them a bit. I have a set for you if you want them. Let me know if you need truing and I'll ship them ready to be mounted.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

teman wrote:Sweet 12 8)

Just a suggestion but if you're racing, ditch the stock front axels for these while you can...
8043 copy.jpg
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LUNS&Product_Code=8043&Category_Code=AXEL

Thanks man! I'm ordering those in a minute along with some longer motor screws so I can use the fatboy motor washers on it. This way I won't have to deal with those annoying e-clips.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

I have a busy work schedule this week ,but I'm going to squeeze in some build time anyway. Think I'll start wiring up everything in 16 gauge Novak wire and then I'll see if I can get the servos mounted up. Stay tuned!

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Time for an update! The car now has Lunsford titanium front axles and motor washers. I also fitted a diff axle from RJ speed so I won't have to use any vintage parts there except for one of the hubs from the parts car. It won't be long before I have a runner! The only thing that can hold me up now are custom decals for the bodies. I hope my guy comes through for me.

Nothing here is the final product. This is just mocked up to check for fit.

I'll be making my own wiring harness from Novak 16 gauge. I'm going to cut all wires down to the exact length needed for connection including the servo wires. I want a nice tight wire harness tucked under the radio tray. I'll be using Deans gold plated connectors for the motor and battery connections.

The RJ speed diff axle is perfect for this car. No worries about replacement parts and no modifications were required. I'll probably end up dying the ugly red diff nut black.

The hubs and axle will be polished up once I'm ready for final assembly. I've got a 4:11 gear ratio on there now and will collect some more pinions so I can gear down some more. I'm using Robinson Racing spurs and pinion.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Lookin good! 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Thanks man! I was hoping to have it running by now, but work keeps getting in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to take it for a spin by next weekend. :D

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Going off topic in my own thread. :mrgreen: Check out these bodies I scored today.

R12e lipo Vega drag car coming soon! :mrgreen:

This will prbably go to my 12i.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Now I'll get off my lazy arse and get back to work on the wiring for this car. In the morning that is. :mrgreen:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I love that sigma! And the porsche....there is something about that paint that just looks killer!!!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

gomachv wrote:I love that sigma! And the porsche....there is something about that paint that just looks killer!!!

Yep, the Porsche really caught my eye and those old shcool numbers really look cool. I've been trying to find pictures of that Sigma painted up , but have come up short. From googling I know that the Sigma was one of the first Japanese cars to run at Le Man. Just can't find photos of that particular model.

This looks close. Sigma MC7

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I got nothing :( but the rivets.....oh the rivets just pop on that thing. I wouldn't known what colors it should be....but mclaren orange is where i would go
Factory Works website

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

gomachv wrote:I got nothing :( but the rivets.....oh the rivets just pop on that thing. In wouldn't known what colors it should be....but mclaren orange is where i would go
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. :mrgreen: I think that car was meant be orange. I hope the guy packs those bodies up carefully before shipping. He had a nice Lieger too,but the side windows were painted over so I passed on it.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

i saw them, trust me :mrgreen: I have been overspending again so I didnt pull the trigger. But I was watching...
Factory Works website