Nvxwax's B&R Sprint Car (Project) (05/14/12) Got Paint

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: RC10 B&R Sprint Car

Post by flipwils11 »

Hah, I've seen that donor car before. ;)

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Charlie don't surf wrote:The wheels in that pic are Advance Mini-mags, and the tires are ( kinda ) as well, as I remember they are repackaged MRP something tires, and impossible to find-
Well that sucks lol, I will have to look for an alternative lol
flipwils11 wrote:Hah, I've seen that donor car before. ;)
:roll: well i have a plan for it now lol

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if your not looking for period correct, but something that would look pretty good, you could go with the losi slider tires/rims. i'm pretty sure they'll fit.

if you want bling, you could go with some barts parts rims and adapters with custom works tires.

or if you want to build it up like a vintage racer, bolt up a set of bolink foam with short arms up front.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

I think you should keep the silver cage and combine it with the black parts.

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

I'm liking the barts parts wheels :)

I might get a set of slider wheels and tires for temporary, I will be keeping the cage as is and building it with black parts.

To be continued ...

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I know I picked up a complete set of those wheels for Al just south of Baltimore, MD for $40 approximately 8 months ago.

I bought the exact wheels in that photo. The lady also had another set that had bullet holes instead of the slots.

I can give you the info. She did not have them on the shelf and they were stuffed in boxes you would have to ask for. I will say she was a bit of a pain to deal with too. Definately not someone you could call which is a shame.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Why are they all like that these days bigjeepzz?
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Definatly go with the old short arms in front! I never liked the way the CE arms looked on a sprinter.

nvxwax
Approved Member

Re: RC10 B&R Sprint Car (Project)

Post by nvxwax »

Ok i did a little work on the sprinter today, I still have to source a early front shock tower and a 6-gear trans for it. I thought Fiberlyte made the old style shock tower but i cant find it on their site?

I am using a trinity purple screw set for it, I am 4 chassis screws short lol (you can see the normal screws poking out up front), I am going to have to repaint the chassis, the rear shock mounts have paint missing were the mounts slide, I plan on mocking everything up and getting the correct height for the mounts and securing them with the screws poking out during the new paint job (jacked up design).

I have a set of Losi slider wheels and tires on order, I may change them later but just wanted something for display and setup.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I should have the trinity purple screws for you- also some 8/32 low pro nuts too-

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

does anything in the paperwork suggest how to mount the steering servo, or are you supposed to just get creative?

aren't those tabs that you have the tie rods in actually used to support the rear bulkhead?

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

scr8p wrote:does anything in the paperwork suggest how to mount the steering servo, or are you supposed to just get creative?

aren't those tabs that you have the tie rods in actually used to support the rear bulkhead?
lol, Ill scan the manual, well the 3 pages and the sketch of how to mount the servo (another jacked up design lol), If im reading it correctly the links mount to the metal tabs. i could not get a bulkhead to fit at all, i even used the worlds type with the cut off ears. give me about 10 min and ill have the pages scanned lol

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

hmm. i just wonder why the bulkhead holes are in that plate if you're not supposed to use it.

you can't even get the bulkhead in if you get it up in between the tubes before you install that plate?

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

scr8p wrote:hmm. i just wonder why the bulkhead holes are in that plate if you're not supposed to use it.

you can't even get the bulkhead in if you get it up in between the tubes before you install that plate?
I thought the same thing about the holes, one weird thing is the other holes are countersunk (arm mounts), The trans mounts are not but the metal plate is.

The bulkhead would have to be cut to fit, the top corners, the area were the original sway bar would sit, the little bumps on each end of the top. it looks like about a quarter inch square would have to be removed from each side (I hate cutting good parts)

Here is a link to the manual in PDF
http://nv-x.com/BnR_Sprint_Manual.pdf

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

It cracks me up that they would sell that entire kit, but tell you to use "any strong material" to mount the servo. :lol: That made perfect sense then, but imagine that in an instruction book today! :shock: The kid would be like "Do what?? :? Where would I even buy material to make a mount? :? ". You still think it would be a given that they'd include the mount! :lol: That makes this kit even more classic in my opinion. 8)

Furthermore, did no one make a motor mount w/o the rear guard? The one on my main RC10 is cut off too because of a one time mid-motor conversion. You think someone would have just made a flat plate. :? Maybe we've just lost sight that w/o the internet there was no way to distribute oddball parts like that. :idea: I guess it just makes the oddball parts that much more collectible today. :D

Great score BTW! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken