Chassis ID please.

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

adam lancia
Approved Member

Re: Chassis ID please.

Post by adam lancia »

Fricking sweet! Prototype stuff is awesome. What did they say would fit parts-wise?

moozo
Approved Member

Post by moozo »

Hmmm a proto-type so what parts would you be looking out for cougar 2000/95/fireblade parts by the looks of the chassis.

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

adam lancia wrote:Fricking sweet! Prototype stuff is awesome. What did they say would fit parts-wise?
+1 !

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

adam lancia wrote:Fricking sweet! Prototype stuff is awesome. What did they say would fit parts-wise?
moozo wrote:Hmmm a proto-type so what parts would you be looking out for cougar 2000/95/fireblade parts by the looks of the chassis.
It's between Cougar 2000 and Fireblade 2000.

I'm looking at Cougar 2000 or Fireblade 2000 front ends, both will fit no problem, at the back end i think it might be a bit trickier with the proto shock tower. A Cougar 2000 will not fit, Mick(moozo) sent me the dimentions and hole positions, and without drilling new holes in the chassis there's no chance it will fit, especially around that tower. A fireblade box will fit with modification, and i'm not sure what rear arms to use yet, i'll have a play around with that once i check what parts i've got. :)

Paul.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

I thought i'd post some updated pics of this car. I've modified a fireblade gearbox to fit and fitted wishbones/front bulkheads and steering parts etc.

I've also been trying to find a bodyshell. I don't particularly want a standard fireblade or cougar 2000 shell/undertray. Can anyone think of a possible suitable shell/undertray combo? I don't mind if i have to modify it to fit, just something a little different.

Paul.

moozo
Approved Member

Post by moozo »

Looks good Paul are you going for the usa front shock mount?

Mick

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

moozo wrote:Looks good Paul are you going for the usa front shock mount?

Mick
I'm not sure what i'm going to use yet, i suppose it depends on what parts i find.

Right now i'm in a parts hunting phase for it as i'm short driveshafts, a few bearings, laygear, idlergear/shaft and front shock tower/brace. I might end up making a front shock mount myself as the rear end, once the shocks are fitted to the rear mount, are quite layed down so i'd like the front to be the same.

Paul.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

The CougarBlade in nearly finished. I knocked up a front shock tower out of some spare CF, but i think i might have gone a little too lay-down :lol:

Once i get some fireblade driveshafts for it (Only had CAT3000 ones.. but they're slightly too long) i'll give the car a test to see how it handles. If it's good i'll keep it like this, otherwise i'll make another front tower and stand the shocks up a little.

Overall i like how it's looking though, but i'm still unsure on what bodyshell to go with.

Paul.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

I've been looking through my part boxes trying to identify some of the un-numbered parts. I came across this part bag and think it might be perfect for this buggy. It's a Cougar 2000 laydown shock conversion kit (Still don't know the part number yet though..)

What i was wondering is : can anyone can tell me what part number is for the wishbones shown in the instructions? I've got a few sets of standard and SACS cougar 2000 wishbones but none of them have that vertical ball joint mounting point on them.

Here's what the buggy looks like this week. I like it with the Cougar shell :)

Paul.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

Well it's only been 3 years since I last looked at this buggy :lol: I think I now have the parts to complete this buggy at last. Today I decided to get on with it.

I found a pair of the laydown wishbones, plus I already had the laydown conversion kit so I removed the horrible shock mount I fabbed, and installed it on the buggy instead.

I think the front laydown suspension suits the buggy as the rear end geometry is also fairly laid down. And, since the buggy is an evolution of the Cougar 2000 95 towards the Fireblade 2000, it kind of looks like where Schumacher were headed with their 2wd developments at the time.

The Mk1 Cougar 2000 shell won't be making a return on this buggy (I can't even find it) I have something else planned eventually.

Paul.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Its funny... I remember the start of this project with the 'odd' chassis - but must have lost track with its progress as I cannot remember seeing the build-up/built pics :|

It certainly does look super sleek ... & the summisation that its effectively the development chassis on the C2K for the Fireblade is really cool, I guess the era for this chassis would be around the time of the Cat 2000 EC, with its laydown suspension??

Regarding a bodyshell - it would be cool if you could come up with a custom shell that wrapped around the front & rear shock towers?

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

+1 on the awesome factor with this one mate nice work,be hard pushed to find another the same so very cool..

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

The buggy is now ready to have a body painted for it, but the question is what body?..

I could use a Cougar 95T body, or Fireblade 2000. Each would arguably be the correct body for it, but I just can't decide. I honestly think a slim body would be best, purely because this has to be the slimmest Schumacher I've ever seen. But I don't think I want to go down the route of using another manufacturers body (Even though the modern Centro body could look cool on it)

Anyone have any ideas?

Paul.

moozo
Approved Member

Post by moozo »

God I remember this when you first started it mate it looks good now mate,

As for the body you couldn't find you need to look 200 miles south of your house
In my garage.

But which ever you choose I'm sure it will look great mate, good work with this
Build buddy.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

moozo wrote:God I remember this when you first started it mate it looks good now mate,

As for the body you couldn't find you need to look 200 miles south of your house
In my garage.

But which ever you choose I'm sure it will look great mate, good work with this
Build buddy.
Thanks Mick, I wondered where I had put the Cougar shell :lol: