T3 or T4?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

T3 or T4?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I recently was made aware of a pretty nice indoor off-road track about 40 minutes from here. I had planned on running a B3 since it is my most race worthy vehicle, but they don't run 2 wheel buggy. It appears they have a pretty nice turn out for stadium trucks so I'm gonna go that route. I have a brushless GT I could run, but I don't know that the motor mount would hold up over the large triples in a 20 minute main so I'm in the market for a new one. My initial plan was to sell or trade the B3 and get a T3. You can pick them up pretty cheap. The more I think about it though I may just want to go ahead and get a T4 roller or new kit for a few more bucks. Anyone have any advice on which way to go? :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bearrickster
Approved Member

Re: T3 or T4?

Post by bearrickster »

you can never go wrong with a new T4 kit. if you watch Tower they offer nice discounts on the main page I got 25 off when I bought mine. that was a free upgrade to the factory Team over the Team. the RTR T4 works great also
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Run what you got first. See if the RC establishment is something you want to frequent first.

Save up and buy the T4 later. You will eventually get tired of hunting parts when they break on the older models. Don't get me wrong, the T4 will break too, but parts will be easy to find.
The T4 will be an easier vehicle to drive as well.

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

If and when you decide to get a T4 I would suggest here: http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=ASC7022!1007

That's the Factory Team version and Ultimate Hobbies has free shipping. I have dealt with them many times and never had a problem.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Daddeo wrote:If and when you decide to get a T4 I would suggest here: http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=ASC7022!1007

That's the Factory Team version and Ultimate Hobbies has free shipping. I have dealt with them many times and never had a problem.
That's a sweet deal. Thanks guys. I think I may try a pack or 2 with the GT. Maybe it will hold up. It's been fine so far. It's loaded so I hate not to use it. If not, I'll just bit the bullet and get the T4. Thanks again.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

i used to race the t4 and think they are the best race truck ever..but if $$$$ is the issue id look into the thunder tiger phoenix st , they are alot cheaper http://www.modelflight.com.au/thunder_tiger/thunder_tiger_phoenix_st.htm ...i hear they are t3s ...but im not sure maybe someone here can tell you if they are t3s . id like to know myself

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

EDIT: After taking a good look at the ST, it is a T3 clone!?

jesse8931
Approved Member

Post by jesse8931 »

well since there both made in the same factory i wouldnt even call it a clone. its more like a brother lol