What Else?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: What Else?

Post by civilguy »

Wow- Armitron... I think I still have mine somewhere. The kids were playing with my Tomy Verbot just a few nights ago. I sold my Big Trak (with trailer) to a guy in France a couple years ago. I occasionally kick myself for that one.
Toys were so much cooler then.... 8)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

civilguy wrote:Wow- Armitron... I think I still have mine somewhere. The kids were playing with my Tomy Verbot just a few nights ago. I sold my Big Trak (with trailer) to a guy in France a couple years ago. I occasionally kick myself for that one.

Yup. And if you notice, its not a Radio Shack one... its an earlier TOMY Armitron before Tandy/Radio Shack bought them... This one works GEM... (My other shelf queen) Back in the 5th grade 1987 I presented a science project on robotics and their future place in the workforce. My Original (long gone) was a part of the display.

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

I remember the Armatron, used to do a lot of install and delivery for a guy who ran our local Tandy shop, people hated carrying big hi-fis home and all the wiring :D
so I got pick of the cheap stock at Christmas toy-wise to sell on, before most people apart from serious hobbyists did RC, there were a lot of Radio shack ones running round because of me, not sure wether to be proud of that one.
My Favourite was the Iron Claw? A tracked vehicle with grabber on the front, finally picked a working boxed one up a year or so ago, toys sure were cooler then, I agree.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

civilguy wrote:I occasionally kick myself for that one.
I still wish I had all my Tonka's. I had a heck of a fleet growing up, played with them well into my teens and I still would today, though I'd probably have to borrow the neighbor's kid so I didn't look like such a dweeb. :mrgreen: Ok, less of a dweeb ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I play with big cars. Currently a Mopar a-body fanatic, but I'm fickle! The orange-red Plymouth Scamp has a built 360 in it and I'm driving it while the Plum Crazy car is getting the 400/727 combination. They are both 1972 models
PICT0064 (Small).JPG
mini-P1000677.JPG
Gary

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

just thought I would revive an old thread, had a storage sort out yesterday
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/purpletimbo/rc%20cars/?start=all
biggest pile is empty boxes, unearther a Marui NInja, a Tomy Intruder chassis and parts, and got my fave rave from the past out and batteried up
Enjoy
http://youtu.be/blvJGZAi-ig
Still not figured this embed thing out
:oops:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

RedScampi wrote:I play with big cars. Currently a Mopar a-body fanatic, but I'm fickle! The orange-red Plymouth Scamp has a built 360 in it and I'm driving it while the Plum Crazy car is getting the 400/727 combination.
Beautiful Plum Scamp! I wonder why you're going with a 400? That was kind of a gas-guzzling dog of a big block. A 340 would be much sweeter! Actually I remember reading a hot rod magazine that compared the Challenger with a 440 against the same car with a 340, and the 340 performed better at the track due to better weight distribution. The big blocks just seem to work better in the B-Bodies, it would seem. A 340 Scamp/Duster/Dart/Challenger T/A is a serious car not to be messed with. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

my wife is legally blind, so my honey do list never ends. i have to go everywhere to get things.

my main hobby is building and racing real volkswagens. i just sold off my pride and joy (2001 big turbo new beetle, 400hp).
now i'm left with a 74 std beetle on blocks (engine fire 2 years ago).
i also collect and shoot military surplus rifles, although the cost of ammo has kept me from doing that much.
i had a nice collection of rare bourbon and absinthe, then i drank it all.

so rc is my main focus now, other then my wife and 2yr old boy.
i don't have the kind of time to dedicate to 1:1 cars anymore.
i race rc 1-2 times a month, thats all i have time for. i wish i could race at work. lol