JRX-T question

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bigmd
Approved Member

JRX-T question

Post by bigmd »

ok,in my neverending quest for the vintage cars i owned as a kid,i found a JRX-T local for a great price.i would like to rebuild and make it better.what size wheels did they use?can modern proline rims be adapted to them?what about bodies?i am not spending a hundred plus on one.i plan on using this truck.what modern parts can be used,shocks,tranny,etc...?whats a good place to get parts besides ebay?thanks

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Re: JRX-T question

Post by Doc J33P »

bigmd wrote:i would like to rebuild and make it better.
Right there is your answer to money. You are going to spend a lot to rebuild one unless you buy some used ones with the parts you need already on it.
what size wheels did they use?
Man I have three of them and they are 2.2 I believe. Due to the nature of Losi I am pretty sure that modern losi wheels will fit as they have the same stub shaft pin assembly. The real difference will be the offsets of the newer wheels.
can modern proline rims be adapted to them?
Modern Losi wheels can.
what about bodies?i am not spending a hundred plus on one.
You can still get the olde McCallister body I think for pretty cheap.
i plan on using this truck.what modern parts can be used,shocks,tranny,etc...?
New wheels/tires, you could add the XX tranny for a better ratio and some more strength. Don't plan on going brushless or lipo though as that combo eats up older gear. A lot of people do the RPM arm conversion to get rid of the 5 link. But to me that ruins the point of the "T".
whats a good place to get parts besides ebay?thanks
When you have access to the BST forum hear you can ask around. There are many MANY people here who have parts. But again, you are going to pay. Making a 20 year old truck modern will not be cheap.
I have been restoring 1 truck and have bought 3 ($400) and about $200 in parts so far. All I wanted to do was make one stock.
35 years of RC and still broke!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

If you use the XX retrofit trans, you can run Brushless and a Lipo. I ran most of this racing season with an old LX-T with that set up. it ran just fine with the T4's, was a little faster but I cant drive anyway. HPI wheels will work just fine on the old Losi's. I run with them on all of my runners. their cheep and easy to find. not like an original set of Jrx-t wheels. here is a picture of one of my JrxT's with McAllister body and HPI wheels. the McAllister bodys are nice cheep around 25 shipped

Top truck McAllister Body See's wheels ( PM bngiles for those )

Bottom Truck McAllister body Hpi wheels
Attachments
100_3423 (2).JPG
McAllister body
100_3423 (2).JPG (68.25 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
McAllister body
McAllister body
100_3423 (2).JPG (68.25 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
100_3326 (2).JPG
McAllister body HPI wheels
100_3326 (2).JPG (99.68 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
100_3326 (2).JPG (99.68 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

would i be better off getting an rc10?im waiting for my buddy to find one of his old ones and he will sell to me.i have a HPI FLUX that i am going to take the electronics out of.i love the idea of taking something old and making it new again and adding some modern parts to it.i just did a Tamiya Wildone but sold it to get the Flux.stupid of me.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

It doesnt matter its what you want, Losi prices are down so their a lot cheeper. RC10's their more parts out their but a lot more money.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

well im hoping my buddy gives it to me for a good price.plus tower still has some parts for the 10.i will also have to sell my Flux.

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

i guess as long as i can get a body for the JRXT i will pick up this one near me.its super cheap and comes with all electrics.you guys dont think the tranny will hold up to brushless?is the xx trans a direct fit?

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

bigmd wrote:i guess as long as i can get a body for the JRXT i will pick up this one near me.its super cheap and comes with all electrics.you guys dont think the tranny will hold up to brushless?is the xx trans a direct fit?
I have never ran the XX with brushless. So my credibility is nill. I do however know from another post here that this was done and it ate the tranny. But maybe it is just driving and throttle control?!

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

is there a conversion to get rid of the 4 link set up and use cvd's?if so are they available?

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

well this may all be moot.the guy never contacted me and his multi-car ad on craigslist is missing the Jrx-t.so i guess he sold it.

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

They are on the bay a lot.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

you dont use a XX trans you need a XX retro fit trans. big difference the Xx wont fit the JrxT the retro fit will with a dremal tool you need to mill out under the trans a little. and holds up fine to a brushless.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

ok ,but like i said i dont think the one i saw on craigslist is for sale anymore.and there is nothing on ebay that i have found,jus NIB stuff for a ton of cash.bye the way how do you go about sending a message through ebay after the 25 posts?thanks in advance

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

Are you from the NJ area? If so, you are correct that JRX-T in the multi listing with the Kyosho nitro truck, the traxxas and the 1/5 scale, is sold. It was sold the day he posted it. I inquired but missed it as well. Was a damn good price.

bigmd
Approved Member

Post by bigmd »

yes sir.i guess i missed it.damn.oh well.craigslist has some good deals once in a while.i scored a near mint tamiya wild one over the summer for a shade over 100.complete with radio ,and batteries.i guess i will keep lookin.