1/8 Off Road World's Next Week

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

1/8 Off Road World's Next Week

Post by mrlexan »

Is anyone planning on going to watch? It's in Charlotte..... not that far away for some of us. If it wasn't so close to the Vintage Nationals, I think I would have gone. I have really been bitten by the RC photog bug. I have missed the 1:1 Motorsports Photography so much for past two years and had so much fun in CT, I think RC will be a good release to get some shooting out of my system.

There seems to be a descent racing scene in the Nashville area (nothing here is Northern AL), so expect to see more and more of Mr. bngiles and his cars posted on this forum :D
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

surferdave71
Approved Member

Re: 1/8 Off Road World's Next Week

Post by surferdave71 »

dude this is going to be an outstanding race, alot of new cars out there, the largest track in the states, people all around the world be attending, as a big 1/8 fan that i am, i would love to attend and try to compete. YES, PLEASE mr lexan, you should go and take some pics and please post.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I really want to, but can't...... I can't get the time off. It is a function of poor planning on my end and also it is just too close to the Vintage Nationals. The thing that sucks, IFMAR doesn't hold a race in the US every year....... that is what is eating away at my brain.

If and when the 1/10 Off Road World's comes back to the US..... I WILL BE GOING, that is a fact.
www.gojammedia.com

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I would love to go. Red clay. I bleieve the track centerline length with the "long track" version is like 1100 ft. Crazy big. They say when you get to the back of the track there is a second delay between pulling the trigger and actually hearing it rev. 8 hr drive for me though. Maybe I can make it some other time.

Hell, I couldn't afford all the tires for 1/8 buggy you'd need to stay in traction...

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

www.gojammedia.com

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

mrlexan wrote:If and when the 1/10 Off Road World's comes back to the US..... I WILL BE GOING, that is a fact.
You should mark your calender for 2011 I believe. EDIT: apparently its 2013 according to the IFMAR site, a 10 year gap??? 8 year gaps instead of the 6 it has been due to the FAMAR bloc addition.

Highly recommended, I still have most excellent memories from Detroit '91. Watched the Master Masami and the rest from a front row seat. Including the exhibition, driving with his feet and all kinds of goofy stuff. The wheelies were aided by stacking the batteries up in the rear of the tray. Ended up sitting and chatting with Mark Pavadis's local aunt and uncle, who were rightly beaming with pride.

Still mad for passing on the '92 1/12 onroads in Grand Rapids, but I did see the nationals warm up the year before. Even if you don't race, don't pass up a chance to see a big event, they are amazing.

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

I was at the 1/8 Roar Nats in Beaumont a few months ago... About 45 minutes east from me. It was hot. The best part was sitting down with Jared Tebo under the O'Donnell tent, and chatting it up for a bit, while having my son ask him some questions about racing. He really does wear those black socks well!! Did I mention it was hot? My son and I got to watch all the other factory drivers and techs tuning their cars, etc... I got to watch a few of the final qualifying runs over an hour or so, before the "family" (Wife and Daughter) decided that it was hot. I followed the final mains online after I got home. By the way, it was HOT!!

Gixer Jay

Post by Gixer Jay »

I was planning on going / racing / piting with my good friend Teammate Kyosho Driver Allen Horne here from Michigan, but he didn't get the new Kyosho MP9 in time for this event so we decided not to go. The last I looked he was still on the Ifmar Worlds US list, but I know he'll get bumped off because I know guys like Jared Tebo was still on reserve waiting for the invite. I was kind of bummed out, but from what he told me only the elite drivers ( Ryan Lutz, Cody King, Mark Pavidis, Yuichi Kanai, ect ) will have the new car in time.

Since we decided not to go we'll be watching the race on http://liverc.rccars.com/ which will be broadcasting live from the race. If you guys get a chance to check this out the All Access Pass is so awesome! Its almost better than being there at the race live with all the interviews, camera angles, and photos. Its like $30 for the All Access, but the basic is free. One of the worst things about the basic is the live camera view is on a timer which will cut you off after a short period of time. Plus you don't get all the extras.

Another "little" friend of mine that is still going also here from Michigan is Dakotah Phend and races for Team Losi. He is only 11 years old, but I swear this kid has some of the best wheel skillz I have ever seen in the US. ( US Roar Stock Nats Champion 2008 ) He'll be in the hunt too with all of the best of the best. Watch for him!! :D

Don't miss it guys :mrgreen:

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

+1 for the liverc site....