== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by mrlexan »

I've got some more pics to post. I want to relax a bit and am planning on working on some of the images in the airport tomorrow. If I can get wireless for free in the airport I will post some, otherwise I will slowly post some over the next couple of days...... I have to attend to wife, her birthday is Tues :lol: 8)

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Also, I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you for the opportunity to put a name with the face, for the turn out (representing TEAM 10TALK!!!!), and making the event superb. It really was a great race. Special thanks has to go out to Erich for putting on the event, Mark and John for holding the event, bscotti for being my pit mate and putting up with me (THE YOKOMO GOD!), and finally Scr8p and hoopty for pretty much anything and everything I can possibly think of or mention.

THANKS ALL! It really is an honor to be a part of such a great community! I love this place!
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Great Job on the coverage Jay you did a great job!!

Congrats to all of you who participated, even if you didn't win you made the trek and gave it your all!!! Good work Guys!!!!

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Mrlexan in the pits doing what he does so well:
Attachments
jayinthepits.jpg
jayinthepits.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
jayinthepits.jpg
jayinthepits.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1223 times

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

What a great time! I had all sorts of running problems-- it took me right back to the 1200 hump pack days!! :shock: I couldn't finish a race then either... :oops:

Jay- thanks for documenting all this. The pics look great.... except for me on the stand. Couldn't you at least have told me to shut my mouth??? :roll:
Erich- super event and thanks for making this happen. It was smokin'! ;)
John & Mark- What a great track for a vintage event. Best of luck to you guys!
All the other rc10talk guys- it was fantastic meeting you all and using spoken words to communicate!! The names with the faces thing has been a common thread here, but it is true-- so nice to finally do it. :D
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

The door prizes where awesome as were the raffle ticket prizes also, I won a robotronics ESC, they gave out two tamiya kits, airplane, boat, axial rockcrawler :shock: , and whole bunch of other stuff.

What was amazing to me, was watching the Heavymetal and Classic class, and those guys started and finished their races.

Don't be fooled guys, if you have a vintage buggy, go out there and race it against the newer cars, these vintage racers still hold up pretty good in racing.

I'm going to take the electronics out of my vintage racers, clean them up and shelf them till next year :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

looked like a big event. from the pictures, it looked like everyone was having a blast. didn't know there was so many people at the event. i'm definitely going to shoot for this next year. i can't wait to meet some of you.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

littleVETTE wrote:i thought this was going to be a big event. from the pictures, it just looks like it was between some people from this forum.
Ummmm... wow. :roll: Is that supposed to be an attempted insult or am I just reading your post wrong?

If you hadn't noticed this forum is a diehard bunch of vintage racers, restorationists (restorers?), and general old r/c tinkerers. rc10talk is mecca for these folks. Who else would show up at an event like this other than vintage guys who have at least seen this site before? As far as I know they didn't take out billboard space on the interstates.

IMHO this was a great event for a first-time deal-- not a Snowbirds, but for the venue it was just right. There weren't many free pit spots. The coordinator and track owners put on a well-run and very enjoyable event. Please don't belittle what these people have done as an armchair quarterback.

Back on track, whenever you get the time Jay we'd love to see some more pictures. :D
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey Civilguy,

You hit the nail on the head,

And just adding to your post, there were about 60-70 entries, and out those entries, a lot of them haven't heard of or aren't members of the rc10talk forums, many of them bought a car just for this event, cause they're running newer stuff.

That kid that moved from C-main to A-main, Kyle, he's I think 17 yrs. old and runs all modern electric and eighth scale stuff, and he was there running an RC10, so the guys that put this thing together did a heck of a job adverstising this event.

I predict that next year is gonna be even better, there are gonna be more people from the forums coming (hopefully) and more new people wanting to get into vintage racing. Like me :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

littleVETTE wrote:i thought this was going to be a big event. from the pictures, it just looks like it was between some people from this forum.
Way to piss on the parade buddy, thanks. Now stop thinking out loud because it annoys the rest of us who are still high off the weekend.

Here is MrLexan, doing what he does best, thanks again Jay!
Attachments
MrLexan.jpg
MrLexan.jpg (112.1 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
MrLexan.jpg
MrLexan.jpg (112.1 KiB) Viewed 1106 times

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Awesome pics Jay! Thanks for your time and uploading so much info onto the site while the event transpired! Everyones cars looked awesome too.

:?: :?:
The event was started and sponsored here. Intended for anyone part of this site, but realistically, those who could make it. I believe a few people even traveled a decent distance for the event. So what exactly were you expecting?????

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

littleVETTE wrote:WOW!!! it looks like you guys had a great time. i really wish i could've been there. it's good to see so many forum members make it.
there ya go, i fixed it for ya. :wink:

it's the first freakin' year, dude. what were you expecting..... the reedy race of champions? :roll:

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

Thanks for putting this event on. In this economy, I am glad to have a job and to feed and clothe my family. Being on this site helps me remember the awesome times as a kid when my dad was the only one that had to worry about such things, and my world was all R/C. I have been following the information and joy of this event since I joined.

Thanks again. Where else would you find in late 2008 someone with the guts to put an RC10 on the line..

The line 4 feet in the air!

Awesome... and another thanks to Mr. Lexan for the photography.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

and to add.................

it was great to meet, and race with you guys. i just wanted to appologize to you guys for kinda rushing out the door. i started feeling horrible right before the main, and it was all i could do to race, marshall, and get my stuff packed up. i wanted to spend a little more time after the races were done to shoot the you know what, etc., but my body had other plans. :(

i guess i should just be glad i even made it all.........................

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

scr8p wrote:and to add.................

it was great to meet, and race with you guys. i just wanted to appologize to you guys for kinda rushing out the door. i started feeling horrible right before the main, and it was all i could do to race, marshall, and get my stuff packed up. i wanted to spend a little more time after the races were done to shoot the you know what, etc., but my body had other plans. :(

i guess i should just be glad i even made it all.........................
I'm glad you made it. I was even more rushed on my way out. I looked at my train schedule and realized I could probably catch a train within the hour, or else I'd have to wait until 7:40. Thanks Hoopty for driving me to the station. I know I said goodbye to some of you guys, but was in such a rush I didn't get to say bye to everyone.

Is it bad to already be searching the internet for information on the Frog, or scoping out spare parts for an LXT for next year? :lol:

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

This event was not your average RC race this was race catered to a niche market. I think the turn out was greater than could have been expected for this event and the location. I have been to many regular RC events Big and samll and this was the most fun I have had since I was 14 years old. This event was not about the lap times and the stats as it was about meeting people you have talked to for years on various forums and on Ebay. I for one was happy to be a part of this event. I am willing to do what i can to help with ensure we have another event of this type in the future. With that said there was alot of good racing and good fellowship over the course of the weekend. Thanks to some hard work from Erich, and the guys at RCHR for providing a great place to hold this event! Thanks!!

It was great to meet all of you and put face to your names. Lets start planning the next one! I had never raced a off-raod car before and now I am hooked. thanks!

Bill
Have a nice day! :)