BLEACH

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

n33no
Approved Member

BLEACH

Post by n33no »

Whats the longest you should keep your white parts in bleach?

call-911
Approved Member

Re: BLEACH

Post by call-911 »

I'm not exactly sure since I'm no chemist, but I wouldn't think too-too long would be good for them seeing what bleach does to socks in the wash (makes them tear easier and more brittle). If they don't brighten up much overnight, I would think that's all the "whiter whites' you're going to get.
Keith C

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I'm not a chemist either, but doesn't the dirt get right back on the parts when you're on the track? ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

Almost all of the original gold pan RC10 white parts are straight Nylon 6/6. My chemical compatibility chart shows that chlorine (bleach) is not recommended for use with Nylon. It shouldn't hurt for a short time, maybe less than an hour, but I would definitely dilute the mixture; don't use straight bleach.

White Nylon 6/6 naturally yellows over time due to UV exposure, and bleach, or any other chemical for that matter, can't remove that. In my experience, dirt and grease stains are best removed with water based degreasers like Simple Green or Castrol Super Clean, so you may want to skip the bleach completely. Both are completely safe for Nylon.

Robert

n33no
Approved Member

Post by n33no »

Ok... So Simple Green and Castrol Super Clean. Thanks

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

I "accidentally" left some White Parts soaking in diluted leach for a coupla DAYS. Nothings broken so far (knock on whoevers head we're pickin' on today). :P

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I left some parts soaking for 3-days in bleach once. It destroyed the plastic quart-size measuring cup they were soaking in, but the parts were ok. The cup got brittle with little spider cracks all over and broke when I picked it up.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

MONSTER wrote:I "accidentally" left some White Parts soaking in diluted leach for a coupla DAYS. Nothings broken so far (knock on whoevers head we're pickin' on today). :P
Cant for the life of me, imagine why in the world I would have been soaking the parts in LEACHES, but Im SURE I had "good" reason. :roll:
:lol: :lol:

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

MONSTER wrote:
MONSTER wrote:I "accidentally" left some White Parts soaking in diluted leach for a coupla DAYS. Nothings broken so far (knock on whoevers head we're pickin' on today). :P
Cant for the life of me, imagine why in the world I would have been soaking the parts in LEACHES, but Im SURE I had "good" reason. :roll:
maybe because ya a little twisted, you know you enjoy it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

marui hunter 73 wrote:
MONSTER wrote:
maybe because ya a little twisted, you know you enjoy it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maaaaybe, but are leaches one of the FEW fetishes Im not aware of? If they are, maybe I should look it up.....just for "personal knowledge" , of course. :oops: :lol: