Anyone here get this?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: Anyone here get this?

Post by RichieRich »

I actually e-mailed the seller to see if he'd end the auction. :twisted: He declined...I planned on offering $100 as a lowball bid. I figured you all would be all over this. :lol: :lol:

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

i was bidding but was not around at the end or it would have went for more :twisted: good score.

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

I received the package today and below are the pics of the contents. Looks like an RPS SE to me, with possibly a Wonder Dog Fighter body. Note the broken front suspension and missing from dogbones. The upper chain guide and battery tray are also missing; I think it was raced with a split pack, as there's one in the tool box. The team car is in nice shape. A great bonus in the old-style NIP Protech body.

Hopefully I can get the Yokomo running in the next couple of months; I think I can fab the parts I need.

Robert

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

I like the Spektrum look a like bend in the aerial on handset, but cool body and nice bundle :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

that nib oldschool protech is going to be very very valuable someday...

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

The pictures don't load up for me not even a little red cross :? , unless they just take forever :?:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

Synergy wrote:The pictures don't load up for me not even a little red cross :? , unless they just take forever :?:
Hmm...I have them stored on my website, which everyone should be able to see. I Try going to:

http://www.tunneltwo.com/ebay/index.html

Robert

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

That works, thanks.

I know loads of members go mad for this particular model Yokomo (and versions of it) but please can someone tell my why, did they win big :?: because to me they look only one small step away from a toy :?
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom

call-911
Approved Member

Post by call-911 »

The Yoke was the first competent 4WD Off-Road RC Car IMO. Back when the RC10 was cutting its teeth, those who ran 4WD ran a Dogfigher until the Schumacher Cat came out.
Keith C

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

call-911 wrote:The Yoke was the first competent 4WD Off-Road RC Car IMO. Back when the RC10 was cutting its teeth, those who ran 4WD ran a Dogfigher until the Schumacher Cat came out.
It just doesn't look like a race developed car unlike the RC10, what other 4wd was it competing against :?:

ROH73 if you decide to part with that CE kit box please could I have first refusal, I've had a BST thread looking for on for some time now :?:

Here's my TC Showroom

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

In Southeastern PA, where I grew up, the RPS SE was the the 4wd drive car to have until the Optima came out. At that point, the much better part support from Kyosho (at least at the LHSs in my hometown) and the Optima's very rugged design, with long suspension travel, etc. won out. That was in 1986. My first 4wd was a Turbo Optima in 1987. I've never even driven a Yok; but hopefully I will soon :D .

I don't remember CATs being raced at all in those days. I don't think they were popular in my hometown; the hobby shops didn't even carry them.

In any case, I really just like the look of the Yokomo; very low slung, with that short wheelbase. It just looks like it would tear up a track. Check out this YouTube video (which has been posted here in some other thread, but I don't know which one) to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syut2MqNoRc

Robert

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

"It just doesn't look like a race developed car unlike the RC10, what other 4wd was it competing against :?: "

As far as I know, the early Kyosho 4wd's like the Progress & Gallop, plus the Hotshot; cars like that.

It may not look like a race bread car today, but in 1985/86, it was way ahead of it's time: flat carbon fiber chassis, mid engine mount, ball diff, light weight, good steering setup, etc.

"ROH73 if you decide to part with that CE kit box please could I have first refusal, I've had a BST thread looking for on for some time now " - Sure. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but you'll get the first shot.

Robert

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

badhoopty wrote:that nib oldschool protech is going to be very very valuable someday...
Yeah. I may repro it...just to get Protechs with wavy window nets :D

Robert

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

That's the first time I've ever seen one of those run and providing that film wasn't speeded up :lol: I'm stunned I had no idea they went as well as that :shock: seem to have nice in air characteristics too.

Here's my TC Showroom

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Nice Yoke! I don't really go for them myself but.... :mrgreen:

Anyway you have a Hot Trick rear roll bar, CRP lengthened mono shock grp plates, a wonder dogfighter body and nice You G tires. Race prepped.

BTW if you are missing the front dog bones, RC10 ones are the same size...

Final thing, are you going to keep the Delta shock body you have randomly in that lot? I need a couple of spares for my own if you'd part with it...