Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by TRX-1-3 »

You are not the a$$hole. Yet. You would become said hole of you went ahead and blew him up on MP. From where I sit, it just seems like a "comedy of errors"/Murphy's law kind of thing. It's just a total hassle doing money deals old school. Maybe he trusts you but is just not concerned about time lines. Just be patient. I really hope it works out.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:10 pm Unless it was something rare, that I really wanted, and a good deal, I'd probably have passed it up.

In this day, there isn't any reason to go through all of that.

This is my take on it as well. The guy is really jerking you around, and then says they're going on vacation when the money order is due to show up. :roll:

I recently used Facebook Marketplace for the first time ever to buy something (R/C puller), and got hosed on the deal so I might be a little perturbed.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I thought about it after I wrote all that out, and it hit me that it isn't just me and him involved here ............ there is the carrier. His lack of faith in the USPS getting the MO to him could also be a foundation of his mistrust. That spins it a little differently for me. Also, requiring a USPS MO for security, and then not trusting the USPS to get it to him is kinda funny to me. :D

TBH, I trust FBMP more than I do the USPS. :D

And I agree that he has done exactly what he said he would do. I just wish people weren't so black and white sometimes. Flex a little. :) We're gonna lose that when the machines take over! :lol:

And then, after all that, the guy supposedly pulls out a classy move. I still think he is kinda a D, but he may have saved himself overall in my book. He supposedly left the package at his work for them to ship, and I guess he has proven somehow that my MO arrived and is good, and cleared them to ship it. So, it is on its way, and actually should be here Saturday. Surprised me with that one. :shock:
juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:10 pm Unless it was something rare, that I really wanted, and a good deal, I'd probably have passed it up.
Definitely one, highly likely two, maybe all three. :wink:
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:09 am So, it is on its way, and actually should be here Saturday. Surprised me with that one. :shock:
Happy endings are SOOOOOOOO irritating! :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Halgar wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:35 am
morrisey0 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:09 am So, it is on its way, and actually should be here Saturday. Surprised me with that one. :shock:
Happy endings are SOOOOOOOO irritating! :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
Sounds like someone has an STD...... :lol: :lol:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Geez, you boys go dark quick! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

It irritates me when someone asks a question on a forum and someone replies "Google it" or "look on eBay" or "search on here" or some-such. If you don't have an actual answer, link, or something meaningful, don't post a non-help response.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:05 pm It irritates me when someone asks a question on a forum and someone replies "Google it" or "look on eBay" or "search on here" or some-such. If you don't have an actual answer, link, or something meaningful, don't post a non-help response.
While I don't disagree, when it is a FAQ that someone could have easily answered for themselves, but were too lazy to put in any effort what-so-ever, telling them to figure it out is a valid answer. I've had people ask the same exact question within the same thread that the question was answered in, if they'd have even bothered to read the thread title, or opening post, or the next 10 posts that would have answered their question. I've even gotten this from an OP! :shock: :roll:

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Self checkouts!

I don't have a problem with the self checkouts themselves. But getting stuck behind someone who is too stupid to understand them is infuriating.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:41 pm Self checkouts!
Two things:

Stores need to not rely on self checkouts! I.E., don't have one cashier open because you have four self checkouts (I am talking to you Lowes!!!)

If you have 1-2 weeks of groceries in your cart, don't go to self-checkout!!! I am not sure why there isn't a "20 items or less" sign at all the self-checkouts, but these morons with a basket full of groceries, who can scan items at 1/4 the speed of cashiers, feel the need to go through them! Seriously, you are going to take twenty minutes to scan all that crap, go use the professional!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Sometimes the self checkout is needed to protect the groceries. There's this one bagger that has a temper....
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Cashiers, or anyone really in public, who sneeze in their hand. The inconsideration is disgusting.
-Jerry-

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

R6cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:56 pm Cahiers, or anyone really in public, who sneeze in their hand. The inconsideration is disgusting.
100% agree. And not just in public, people at home too. But, because you brought it up... and now I have to suffer through the visions of a long repressed memory :lol: ... fourth grade, guy had a cold, sneezed into his hands, when he pulled them away there was a huge spiderweb of dripping wet snot stretching from his face to BOTH hands... second most disgusting thing I ever saw in school.

All the sudden I don't feel like eating lunch :oops: :lol:

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Dangeruss wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:57 am 100% agree. And not just in public, people at home too. But, because you brought it up... and now I have to suffer through the visions of a long repressed memory :lol: ... fourth grade, guy had a cold, sneezed into his hands, when he pulled them away there was a huge spiderweb of dripping wet snot stretching from his face to BOTH hands... second most disgusting thing I ever saw in school.

What a vision... :lol:

A former co-worker of mine whom had bad allergies, had this habit of sneezing excessively loud in his hands. He would immediately after wipe his face with his hands, every single damn time. Not only that, but he would sneeze and then grab the coffee pot, press buttons on the plotter, open kitchen cabinet doors, and anything else around the office. Even though we got along great, I complained about it to this guy for 14 frickin' years requesting that he clean his hands after sneezing or just to not sneeze in his hands. He never would though. :roll:
-Jerry-

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

R6cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:00 pm
Dangeruss wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:57 am 100% agree. And not just in public, people at home too. But, because you brought it up... and now I have to suffer through the visions of a long repressed memory :lol: ... fourth grade, guy had a cold, sneezed into his hands, when he pulled them away there was a huge spiderweb of dripping wet snot stretching from his face to BOTH hands... second most disgusting thing I ever saw in school.

What a vision... :lol:

A former co-worker of mine whom had bad allergies, had this habit of sneezing excessively loud in his hands. He would immediately after wipe his face with his hands, every single damn time. Not only that, but he would sneeze and then grab the coffee pot, press buttons on the plotter, open kitchen cabinet doors, and anything else around the office. Even though we got along great, I complained about it to this guy for 14 frickin' years requesting that he clean his hands after sneezing or just to not sneeze in his hands. He never would though. :roll:
Then there are some food service workers that think that gloves are to keep their hands clean but not to keep food handling sanitary. Answer the phone, work the register, etc. the right back touching food with the same gloves. That's an immediate about-face and exit for me.
Hope you're doin' something fun.