So, what did you do RC today?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Re: So, what did you do RC today?

Post by LowClassCC »

Today is video editing day for me. Finalizing the video build series before I start uploading the series. 37 videos in total. This is the part of RC that takes up a lot of my time.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:24 pm Took the day off, so headed out this morning to my ex-hobby shop owner hook up, and picked up a few things. It ended up being AE spare parts and random body day! Couple of Bolinks, a few Dahm's, three AEs, and even a A&L snuck in there. Ended up with absolutely nothing I was hoping to find, but with plenty I will use. I don't even know what the Dahm's and A&L are yet, but for the prices he was given, I was buying.
Dahm's bodies have the names molded into the lexan. The pan car body looks like a Firebird GTP.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Phin wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:14 pm Dahm's bodies have the names molded into the lexan. The pan car body looks like a Firebird GTP.
You nailed the Firebird GTP!! :shock: The buggy bodies are Ultras.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

This morning was going to be paint day for the Hilux, but turned into a lot more filling and sanding, and then I ended up hating the color, so put all that on hold. So then raided "the stash" to start gathering up parts for a mix-matched, ebony and ivory type build I am going to do with A&L trailing arm rigs. I ended up with enough black stuff that I don't have to sacrifice any white stuff, except maybe wheels, which are up in the air at this point. I am going to try to hit some stores tomorrow and see if I can find any paint to somewhat match the FTW natural plate.
Attachments
GATEHRING PARTS 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I am trying to hunt down a very specific Parma Top Fuel body plus a couple of Losi parts, so I hit up my ex-hobby shop owner to see if he could help out. I convinced myself on the way there that if he didn't have the parts I needed, I probably still needed to make the trip worth his and my time, so maybe I would try to purchase one or two of the dozens of cars that are (literally) hanging around. No luck on the parts, so I ended up with a Kyosho Turbo Raider, a Tamiya King Cab, a (completely BA) Parma '50 Ford custom chopped body, and some random Bolink and Losi parts.
Attachments
ross haul 8-30-23.jpg

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

Losi XX4 Belt replacement.
Attachments
IMG_1785.jpeg
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I know that a big portion of this group hates social media, and FB particularly, but honestly, if you enjoy horse trading in RC cars, you really need to be on marketplace! It sucks a whole lot of time, but when it works, it works so well! And I mean, it sucks probably 80-90% of the time. But then again, 99% of the yard sales that I go to fail.

During my morning constitutional earlier, I opened up the local FBMP as usual, and the very first listing was a Tamiya Falcon less than 20 minutes from my house. Made contact, and before noon, the deal was done. Great story to go with why this exists, and exists as it does, but at the end of the day, it is mine now. This may be the very first RC that I have bought used that I don't need to do anything to the body at all! It is that clean. The front bumper, chassis tub, and rear skid have normal yet not excessive skid marks, so those will probably be replaced .......... but once they are, it will be mint. All this for under three bills.

I am just saying, if you are not on FB solely for FBMP, you are missing out if you are into RC. It is like ebay in that the deals aren't usually right there in front of you, but if you look, they are there.
Attachments
POST HAUL  8-31-23.jpg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

morrisey0 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:40 pm I am going to try to hit some stores tomorrow and see if I can find any paint to somewhat match the FTW natural plate.
Lots of experimentation has lead to this combo. Via the human eye, the match is just about perfect. Via bad lighting and camera phone, it is so so. Either way, it is good to go. For anyone interested, this is a combo of all Tamiya acrylics. 5 parts XF-14 J.A. Grey, 5 parts XF-55 Deck Tan, and 1 part XF-3 Flat Yellow.
Attachments
yin yang chassis color 1.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Stopped by my friend's place and came away with more than I had planned on. I'm not complaining though.
PXL_20230902_184915444.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

Spent this afternoon cutting a motor mount for my RC10GX that I have been putting off literally for weeks. Turned out pretty good all things considered, one hurdle done now going to focus on steering and wheels.
Attachments
A07FE77A-3EC3-4224-805D-7E0D082EB252.jpeg
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

TravelinTravis
Approved Member

Post by TravelinTravis »

Frankentruck wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:50 pm Stopped by my friend's place and came away with more than I had planned on. I'm not complaining though.
PXL_20230902_184915444.jpg
I spy Revtech! Nice score!....23t Single I think.

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Factory Works RC10 Comical - spent hours this Labor Day weekend scrounging parts. Pretty happy with the progress.

- limestang
Attachments
634A47D8-274D-4FA0-A57C-5D8B8B40A557.jpeg
634A47D8-274D-4FA0-A57C-5D8B8B40A557.jpeg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 245 times
634A47D8-274D-4FA0-A57C-5D8B8B40A557.jpeg
634A47D8-274D-4FA0-A57C-5D8B8B40A557.jpeg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 245 times
C08EF35B-1964-45D1-8C16-30F413B0DCC5.jpeg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Spent a little time this evening polishing my dragster wheels. They have plenty of machining marks in them, so they were never mirror like, so from what they were, they look pretty good. I have some rubber tires coming in tomorrow that may / may not work for the rears, so I thought I would at least get them prepped.
AE DRAGSTER 1.jpg
wheels cleaned 1.jpg

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Took some time to remove the mip pack pal from. Duratrax chassis I am rehabilitating.
IMG_2927.jpeg
Managed to keep the foam in one piece. The adhesive at the bottom was stronger than the foam. So I removed the foam then had to work off the sticker.

Made up 10g of epoxy , far too much for my needs to fill in divots and bonus holes in the chassis.
IMG_2928.jpeg
The epoxy got hot enough during cure to boil itself. Thought it was going to light the paper cup up.

Hwyshredder78

Post by Hwyshredder78 »

Picked this up locally today. Getting ready to take it down for inspection, cleaning, and re-assembly.
Attachments
IMG_4873.jpeg