Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey...

The place for all things Marui.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

silvertriple

Re: Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey...

Post by silvertriple »

As mentioned, I ran both the Samurai and the Ninja on the offroad track, during Montluçonnaise 2023... The printed tires performed well in both case. I'm very happy with the traction and they way the cars behave with them...

And there was a short movie made at the end of the Samurai run (the last few minutes of the run unfortunately)...
https://www.facebook.com/660479312/videos/633463924952838/

The Samurai is light and there was plenty of grip with the tires... And that was somewhat similar for the Ninja : plenty of grip, with a layout close to the Optima. I was really surprised how well this one was during the run. And with a Sport Tuned motor, there was largely enough to open wide, with a very predictable behavior, like the Turbo Optima or the Javelin (but lighter than those)...

Tires conclusion : they work well on the track. I can improve the printability by changing a few things in the internal design, and once this will be done, they will be ready for publication...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

The handling seemed predictable from what I could see , I'd call that a success :!: You mentioned the Kyosho Progress in the post , my best friend had one when I had a Hotshot and we used to race each other a lot , he was faster but it never went in a perfectly straight line due to the 4 wheel steering so it was pretty even .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

Dadio wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:31 pm The handling seemed predictable from what I could see , I'd call that a success :!: You mentioned the Kyosho Progress in the post , my best friend had one when I had a Hotshot and we used to race each other a lot , he was faster but it never went in a perfectly straight line due to the 4 wheel steering so it was pretty even .
Yes, my friend had his Progress with him. And when he looked at the video, he told me he was surprised how fast I was with the Samurai. I think he finished to rebuild his Progress friday morning at x am, because the day before he did told me he would not be ready... And I'm bit disappointed no one took a video from the Ninja like the one from the Samurai... On the Gopro on my head, this is simply too small :-(

That being said, during the event, there was quite a good set of very rare cars on the track (and this being offroad or onroad track) : we were a few crazy enough to run them without fear :-) (to be fair, I know I can rebuild a car as long as I get all the parts of the chassis using 3D print, so I don't care too much anymore). At some point there was two losi on the track and their transmission were both doing some grinding noise... I'm quite sure they will have to go to the dentist before next event :-)...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)