Geforce Genova

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Geforce Genova

Post by XLR8 »

will5879 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:10 pm IMO the Stinger has a super ugly body. I like the Holeshot truck though. Haven't driven it yet but should be fun with this 3S lipo. Transmission comes with bearings already. I bought a $10 pack of bearings to replace all of the hub bushings. The plastic big bore shocks feel pretty good. Geometry on everything seems legit, should drive well. Ya, there is some compromise here and there, but for a $49.99 RTR I'm not complaining. JEGS has all of the spare parts available.
Also, metal 32dp transmission gears, a slipper clutch, a fast servo, reasonably priced spare parts and <$70 shipped.
The best bargain in RC at the moment.
Doug

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

will5879 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:10 pm IMO the Stinger has a super ugly body. I like the Holeshot truck though. Haven't driven it yet but should be fun with this 3S lipo. Transmission comes with bearings already. I bought a $10 pack of bearings to replace all of the hub bushings. The plastic big bore shocks feel pretty good. Geometry on everything seems legit, should drive well. Ya, there is some compromise here and there, but for a $49.99 RTR I'm not complaining. JEGS has all of the spare parts available.
Thanks for the tip that these were $50 for a full RTR. I just ordered the buggy. At that price I many hand it to my kids and order a extra one just for parts.

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

Seems like the Stinger and Holeshot are no longer available on the Jeg's website?
- At least I cannot find them?
-dldiaz

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Nope they are gone. That $50 deal must have been their way to drop em.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

dldiaz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:16 pm Seems like the Stinger and Holeshot are no longer available on the Jeg's website?
- At least I cannot find them?
GoMachV wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:52 pm Nope they are gone. That $50 deal must have been their way to drop em.
Jegs was bought by the company that owns Holley, MSD, and multiple offers.

It looks like lots of changes are coming. I hope its for the better, because Jegs had gotten pretty bad. I only bought from them if there wasn't any other choices.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Funnily enough I've never ordered anything from Jegs, only Summit or other specially places.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

I got one on ebay...because of your positive(?) encouragement. Christmas RC clearance value of the year. Should handle great.
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

jhue73

Post by jhue73 »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:52 pm Nope they are gone. That $50 deal must have been their way to drop em.
you can still get the stadium truck you just have to call them or at least yesterday they still had some i bought several.

jhue73

Post by jhue73 »

1911Colt wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:34 pm The Jeg's Stinger is the lower spec "budget" version of the Genova at $159 RTR in the US. They have parts as well.

To me it is like those "Thunderbirds" Ford sold in the early 2000s- not the greatest choice for a modern car and definitely not a 55-56-57 T-bird.

Not a bad thing, necessarily, but not for me. Gavin on RCKicks is pretty pleased ("well chuffed") with his Genova.
i think most modern cars or at least racing kits are not made for dirt but carpet and hard clay and this saddens me. you have to buy extra parts for the rc10 to have a standup trans and cover for the spur gear so dirt wont get in. this is why the rb10 or something similar is best for real outdoor dirt tracks like my home track. i hope team associated keeps the rb10 around. i hated they discontinued the t4.3 right after i got one for christmas a few years back its a great car.

will5879

Post by will5879 »

The RB10 is an excellent buggy for sure. On low grip these "outdated" rear motor cars just feel so much more comfortable and pleasant to drive. The G-Force car has a longer wheelbase than the AE, which should enhance stability even more. The cab rear body looks great on the Genova, I wish the AE car had something like that. I love the nostalgic vibe and look of it, and I also miss racing the way we used to, like you said ... on a real outdoor dirt track.
Attachments
22476_7.jpg

jhue73

Post by jhue73 »

hard clay is more like pavement than dirt. it does take alot more throttle control on outdoor loose dirt. but in my mind off road is loose dirt just like they use to race on when jammin jay ran the gold pan rc10 back in the 80's. i also love the cab rear bodies. the cab forward bodies just look odd to me.

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

My friend has an RC channel in Japan and came out with this video of two Genova's on the track. He really loves the handling and performance.
His video was liked and tweeted by Masami Hirosaka himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTDeMyyvY4
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

jhue73

Post by jhue73 »

TokyoProf wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:12 pm My friend has an RC channel in Japan and came out with this video of two Genova's on the track. He really loves the handling and performance.
His video was liked and tweeted by Masami Hirosaka himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTDeMyyvY4
from the video they look like they drive/jump/land and handle really well.

will5879

Post by will5879 »

Holeshot to Stinger to "my way"... Changes from stock: RCPS Turbo Mirage from my RPM '91 Worlds Car, AE wheels, full ball bearings including steering rack, 15T pinion, 5000 cSt diff fluid, 388 cSt front / 300 cSt rear shock fluid, and some lead weight in the front bulkhead. Stock electronics and a 3S LiPO.
Attachments
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

will5879 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:46 pm Holeshot to Stinger to "my way"... Changes from stock: RCPS Turbo Mirage from my RPM '91 Worlds Car, AE wheels, full ball bearings including steering rack, 15T pinion, 5000 cSt diff fluid, AE 27.5wt rear shock fluid, and some lead weight in the front bulkhead. Stock electronics and a 3S LiPO.
What rear wheels did you use? pins or hexes?