Post by TheDiamondOne »

Incredible build! :shock:
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: What If ?

Post by Dadio »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:34 am Incredible build! :shock:
Thanks man , I can't wait for Jeff's Factory Works package to arrive so I can tie it all to a chassis !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Thanks to Jeff at Factory Works she now has a chassis and shock mounts , please forgive the front ride height as the shocks should be 10mm longer , gives it that Starsky and Hutch look :wink:
IMG_20220428_145252_622.jpg
IMG_20220428_145304_997.jpg
IMG_20220428_145324_053.jpg
IMG_20220428_145338_228.jpg
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I'm hoping these pictures might explain the subtle differences in the front suspension for those not as familiar with the YZ-834B , the lower arms are 10mm longer and the chassis is meant as a homage to the original but somewhat smaller .
IMG_20220428_173303_814.jpg
IMG_20220428_173345_562.jpg
IMG_20220428_173505_122.jpg
IMG_20220428_173546_162.jpg

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Got a bit distracted with the Zerda but back on the job now .
IMG_20220505_215912_050.jpg
IMG_20220505_215923_709.jpg

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

What did u do about the lower screw that hangs below the 834b chassis?
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:57 pm What did u do about the lower screw that hangs below the 834b chassis?
The bottom screw for the motor plate ? The gearbox is raised about 2mm and that screw can now be accessed from above the chassis although there is still a cut out in the chassis for the hump in the gearbox .

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Got the tires glued , servo ,RX and ESC fitted and took her for a (very short) maiden run . Kind of a doomed morning , firstly the servo I fitted at first was glitching like mad , think the position pot has failed so I fitted the only spare I had to hand and it's a really slow one yawn but at least it works , next within 2 minutes the left front dog bone popped out and locked the transmission , got that sorted and the battery dumped :lol:
Still no real idea how it drives , even if it wasn't for all the mishaps it's still over geared , only spare unfitted pinion I had was a 17t and with the fitted motor it's going to be happier with a 14t that's in the post .
Anyway other than teething troubles I need to get a body for it , still procrastinating over witch to get , all my dogs so far have the original body and I fancy the Funco half body used on I think the Wonder Dog or SE , can't remember off hand , the only thing stopping me is that I could use the original and not have to cut away so much at the back as there's no shocks there , might look nice ........ Probably have to wait anyway as I'm taking the kids away to join my Mum and Sister in Wales for a week , going to be sprinkling my Dad's ashes in a holiday village we've been going to as a family since I was 6 months old .
IMG_20220506_105336_288.jpg

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Found a 15t pinion and it's still little overgeared but I've had a few runs , truth is it's a bit odd , it's at the same time very familiar and new , I guess that's obvious really , still trying to decide weather it handles better or not , probably going to have to ( big sacrifice) drive it and one of my other dogs back to back , I'll try and get video of them both so you can see for yourself .

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Little running video demonstrating my superb camera skills ,presentation and driving :lol:
https://youtu.be/ddw26-OJTOc

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

It's just like my dog! When it gets close to you in the yard, it rolls over for a belly rub. 😁

Nicely done! So what is the mass production timeline?
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Frankentruck wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:19 am It's just like my dog! When it gets close to you in the yard, it rolls over for a belly rub. 😁

Nicely done! So what is the mass production timeline?
its all on Shapeways for sale right now

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Here's the original YO-CLONE-OH for comparison .
https://youtu.be/vc3LX-JGzAs

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

That dog isn't as well behaved. It makes you walk over to it to rub it's belly. But is skampers around that yard pretty nicely too.

So if a person were to collect the shapeways parts, they would still need a drive chain, bearings, motor plate, axles, wheels, tires, chassis, shock towers, and shocks. Anything else? Pretty much everything metal.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Well that turned out to be a silent movie :lol: , those tires are much to high bite for grass but I wanted to run both cars on the same rubber , Yo-clone-oh has a lower ride height and I think that does make it handle maybe better or maybe I'm just far more familiar with it so I drive it better ?