Long time MIA

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

civilguy
Approved Member

Long time MIA

Post by civilguy »

Hey guys- I've been out of rc for a while now. All my old build posts here with the kids are probably junk with the PhotoBucket BS, as are all my scans of parts lists and tire charts. My daughter is now married and my son has moved out with his girlfriend so I started going through all my stuff. My wife & I are considering a downsize and a move to a warmer climate... I think it's time to start letting lots go. I know the re-re's killed the eBay market for vintage parts but I was just looking for advice on where to start to possibly liquidate. The other issue I have is I don't like staying up all night, writing descriptions and taking photos like I did 15 years ago. I'd honestly rather give someone a great deal on everything I have for a specific buggy (say all the Grasshopper/Hornet projects, or all the Hotshot boxes) then try to make a few bucks off the aftermarket gear... and be stuck with a bunch of runners.
I honestly am to the point where I'd like to clear it all out and if I get back into rc in the future I'll probably go back to scratch building airplanes (which is where I started bitd with my dad). And if the eventual grandkids are interested in rc I'd likely buy something modern for ease of repair and durability. I guess I got old and boring. :roll:

Any advice would be great. I'm guessing more than half of your advice will be "DON'T DO IT!!" :lol:

P.S. has anyone heard from Don?
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

GoMachV

Re: Long time MIA

Post by GoMachV »

Sadly we haven’t heard from don for a while now but it’s also not unlike him to just pop up after several months.

I think it would be worth taking a few pics and selling here in the group since a lot of us know you. You wouldn’t have near the audience, but the ones you have here are the cream of the crop IMO haha. I’d be a player for sure if the stuff looks interesting.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Yeah I messaged Don but nothing. Tried doing a little detective work but I don't remember what his last name is.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Glad to see you back!

With Don I always hope for the best but expect the worst. He was always popping in with updates at least once a month but this is the longest it's been since last hearing from him. Here's the thread he uses: https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=44817

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

mikea96 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:55 pm Yeah I messaged Don but nothing. Tried doing a little detective work but I don't remember what his last name is.
Attachments
E10A63A4-A933-497F-BE3D-F85E3AF93E4C.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

So the move is on and I will be going through my stockpiles soon. I think I'll be throwing up some lots very soon- the Hotshot collection, the Grasshopper/Hornet hodgepodge, maybe the Mystery Machine LunchBox, a brushed motor and lathe lot, some RC10 goodies, and some random electronics. I think I'll be holding on to my original and my dad's RC10s... I have to sleep on that one!
I'll be lumping things together and giving folks here a good deal before going the eBay or craigslist route. Plus our house goes on the market in May so I don't have a lot of time to putz around.
Hope everyone is doing well and see you in the BST soon!! ~Jeff
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Certainly there is room for a couple of shelfers, so yeah, definitely hang on to the ones dearest to you.

Good luck with everything!!!!