Back for awhile

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Back for awhile

Post by Johnboy72 »

Wow, when was the last time I was here? Been awhile. Went big car racing so the vintage collection went bye bye. Still have a small bit of RC10s laying around. Army moved us to Fort Leonard Wood, MO back in April 2017. Lost a son a couple years later so was looking for something to do to keep my mind occupied. Linked up with a local RC dirt track in the fall of 2019. Since then, been racing as much as possible. Made it to my first Chili Bowl. Exceeded all my expectations and gave me a boost of confidence. So been racing the Missouri Show Me Series, raced Delta Bowl this year and now racing national points series. Picked up some big race cars and running that too. Retiring from the military and officially out at the end of the month. Thanks to RC racing, landed a contractor job on post working with robots. So guess I’ve been pretty busy and it’s a shame I have been away for so long. Just know that I still occasionally break out the RC10 and put the hurt on them! Well that’s that, we’ll see y’all around.

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Back for awhile

Post by XLR8 »

Welcome back Johnboy and thank you for your service. I'm very sorry for your loss.

We have a large annual RC event near my home called the Alabama Manufacturers Shootout (AMS) but I always manage to miss it for some reason. This time, I was determined to make the event, watched the website closely for dates, etc. but it was delayed due to covid then rescheduled and I missed it again. Oh well, maybe next time. https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaManufacturerShootout/

Looking forward to hearing about your races in MO.
Doug

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Nice to see you back here John. Also want to thank you and express my condolences on your loss.

shaveradam
Approved Member

Post by shaveradam »

I think RCs can be a form of therapy and stress relief. My father got me into the hobby before he passed when I was 11, and it's been my thing ever since.