Kopropo CX-IIR

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

BoostCreep
Approved Member

Kopropo CX-IIR

Post by BoostCreep »

Well I've had this sitting around for a couple of months and finally had some time to try and get it operational.

Lets just say it works. Oddly enough I can get it to run smoothly in one direction but full throttle only in the other direction.

Some of that may have to do with my transmitter but it seems that any sensitivity I take away in the transmitter it is lost
in the other direction in the ESC. I've spent a little time fooling with the Speed and Neutral potentiometers but don't have a
clear idea of how they're working together. The setting of one definitely affects the trim of the other so I'm guessing I just
haven't found the correct blend yet.

Anyone have a manual for this thing? I've searched google a fair bit but come up empty handed.

I'm glad it's working so when I build up my period correct Optima Mid I can use it.

TIA for any info.

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Re: Kopropo CX-IIR

Post by tamiyadan »

BoostCreep
Approved Member

Post by BoostCreep »

Dan you are a wealth of information. Thank you very much. :D

Today's exercise was done on a bench using a Futaba 3PL transmitter. No car was actually invlolved.
When it's actually installed in the car I'll be using either a Futaba Magnum Sport or a Kyosho Pulsar 2000 Pro radio.

And thank you for the explanation of the Speed vs Neutral settings. That was beneficial.

I'll have to look into the two older radios and check on the throttle neutral point. Just from feel they certainly have more forward
travel (Pulling trigger back) than rear (pushing trigger forward).

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

BoostCreep wrote:Lets just say it works. Oddly enough I can get it to run smoothly in one direction but full throttle only in the other direction.

Some of that may have to do with my transmitter but it seems that any sensitivity I take away in the transmitter it is lost
in the other direction in the ESC.
I guess one thing you could try is to reverse the throttle channel on the transmitter.... and see if the smoothness either (a) stays with the ESC movement, or (b) stays with the transmitter movement. I that is not clear.....

If it's a transmitter problem: When you push forward on the accelerator, it will be off or full throttle only, and reversing the transmitter will just mean the motor will be off or full throttle in reverse - The lack of proportionality is with the transmitter.
ESC problem: Pushing forward on the throttle will make the motor go forward full throttle, but with a reversed throttle, pushing forward on the throttle will make the motor go reverse proportionally. In this instance, pulling back on the throttle should give either off or full throttle - indicating a problem with the ESC.

The other way you could check the transmitter is to switch the servo and esc over on the receiver.... if now the steering is fully proportional in both directions on the throttle stick/trigger inputs, then it's not the transmitter - it is most likely the ESC, but I would check with a different receiver just in case, to 100% rule it out.

As for the KO Pulse Checker.... I have one of those somewhere, if you REALLY feel the need to have cool gizmos..... :lol:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!