Thinking of getting out of RC...mostly

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: Thinking of getting out of RC...mostly

Post by RC104ever »

Thanks everyone! I think it helped this weekend as I cleaned up my garage and did a bit of cleanup in the basement where all my RC stuff is sitting. I will probably feel better about it if I can just finish the Hotshot and get a few more things completed. It doesn't help that I didn't run my RC cars this winter at all (not much snow) and that's part of the fun ;)

Looking forward to warmer weather so I can get out and bash again. Maybe that's the motivation I need to get going again
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, it may just one small spark to get you going again. Box up stuff neatly and store it kinda out of site, and you won't feel as guilty not messing with it. keep out something that you can run at the drop of a hat(or battery charge) or something that is your favorite so you see it from time to time.

I just got the itch to get the boys a running clod/crawler build, which is working to get me back to building up some cars.

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

I'm going through the same thing right now,our local track closed and My oldest son is now married and just finished boot camp,the youngest is a junior in high school with driving, sports,work and girls i hardly see him,I really liked tracking down parts and going into old hobby stores looking for old stock but the re res have kinda killed that so My latest addiction(last few years) is motorcycles I have a H.D. v-rod and a Road King plus a Buell that the youngest rides, and with me working 12 hour days doesn't leave much time.

P.S. I missed the boxing everything up part :lol: as soon as i get some free time i'm definitely going to lighten the load starting with the magazines.

wildoliver

Post by wildoliver »

I did the sell off some of my gear, I got rid of my old Cougar race buggy and ministock years ago and massively regret it now. I didn't get much for them and to replace them would cost me double or treble what I got.

And I ended coming back 15 years later.

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

I've been into R/C since I was 9 years old and have only sold 1 car(Grasshopper). There was a time when I didn't touch any of my cars(1992-2002), but I still had them packed away in the basement. I was preoccupied with Guitars, BMX and Motorcycles. Around 2002-2005 ish I started rebuilding my Wild Willy. Then Tamiya re-released my first R/C The Frog followed by my third R/C The HotShot. That rekindled my R/C interest(addiction)

I pulled out my RC-10 and started working on it and found this site "Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:23 pm". Since then my collection of RC-10s vintage and modern has grown.

Guess what I am saying is what everyone else has said. Keep them in a safe place so when you feel the urge to wrench again you can unpack them instead of searching Ebay for what you once had.

I have to say having R/C as an addiction is certainly not a bad thing :D

ED

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

noony wrote: lighten the load starting with the magazines.
I kept all the ones with Losi JRX something or other on the cover as my focus and got rid of rest. After moving boxes of magazines once I said never again! So I'll take any JRX ones you have because, you know, backup :lol: