RC10DS Suspension Mod Help

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PrincessShandi82

RC10DS Suspension Mod Help

Post by PrincessShandi82 »

Due to the dwindling amount of replacement parts for the RC10DS especially in the area of wheels and tires. I've have been looking into replacing my front and rear Axel Carriers and Bearings of my DS with the Axel Carriers and Bearings of the SC10RS. So the obvious question is will the Newer RS parts fit on the Older DS Car? I do know that the RC10 Worlds car has allot of parts I can use as well, but since the DS is an on-road car I have to look at what wheels and tires are available and how they bolt onto the cars themselves. Or is there another rout to fixing this by looking at some of the on-road 4WD Sedan chassis?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: RC10DS Suspension Mod Help

Post by klavy69 »

Welcome to the board!

Check out this thread in the "Vintage RC10 Section » Associated On-Road Forum". If that doesn't work for what you want to do there are several DS and NDS threads in there that have converted over to hex drive to run touring car wheels/tires.

Hope that helps 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

PrincessShandi82

Thank You SO much, I'm trying to get back into RC after a very long absence. What doesn't help is my ex-boyfriend years ago stole and pawned my collection of cars that my father bought and helped me build. It was in the area of 40+ cars and I had several custom built 10 scale oval pan cars (Lynx II Elites) that my father and I had built that we can now no longer replace, along with all my dirt oval cars (Custom Works Intimidator's, Dominator's and Enforcer's) All just gone now. But I decided I wanted to get back into racing and get my son and step-daughters involved in it as well now. But the technology from the late 90's to now has changed so dramatically, that I find myself at a major disadvantage in the area of knowledge about the latest batteries (LiPo's), motors (Brushless), speed controls (programmable) and these new 2.4 GHz radio systems (1 transmitter for 20 to 40 cars). And building cars while trying to do the mommy thing isn't the easiest thing in the world ( I wonder how my father ever managed being a single parent with having me as daughter.) So any and all information right now in the area of what cars and classes are available is greatly appreciated, and what ever happened to 10 scale Asphalt/Carpet Oval racing? I can't find any pan cars for sale at hobby shop or manufacturer's web site's anymore (except EBay), and it was my favorite class.

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Sucks to hear about the ex-boyfriend pawning your collection of cars and memories...only one word for someone like that is castration.

Definitely understand the time crunch thing also with parenting myself. Now that alot of us are getting older I also use that as my crutch along with the less and less ambition situation :?

As far as 1/10 scale or carpet racing goes...I only remember local races around my area. They came and went and always thought I'd get into that part when the next track opened up but I waited too long myself and just don't have it in me to travel 2-1/2 hours to the next closest carpet track. There are still some manufacturers putting the pan car out there but you don't find anything like that in the mom&pop hobby shops.

The board is full of info so do some digging and set aside some time for reading and dig thru the site. Most questions will answer themselves but for those that don't feel free to ask. We get all kinds of different levels of hobbyists around here so someone should be able to answer what you can't find out.

Good luck with your hex conversion 8)

Todd

PrincessShandi82

Yea, All my old cars that were stolen just really pisses me off when I think about how afraid I was of that bastard and I hope his a** is getting raped every night in Vacaville, where that bastard is serving a life sentence for what he did to me. But as for recent my son and I had a couple of old RC10's, RC10L, RC10 SS, a JRX2 I converted over to a sprint car using a Kyosho Sideways Cage, Body and wing that I had in a box in storage. We also had an RC10T, JRXT Pro and a JRX2 Pro, it was nothing like my old collection and our gear was so out dated. But we would race down in Antioch when ever I had to go to the Bay Area on business (We were living in Ferndale at this time.) But I started getting sick again and my Husband was no longer in remission and he passed soon after. Wade is his son and I adopted Wade after we got married since I can't have kids. Then about 3 years ago while I was being treated down in Sacramento I met Chris who I married about a year and a half ago. And about a year ago He got a residency at the hospital here in Laughlin Nv. And during the move Wades and my Cars were stolen. Yea they were old and everything was out dated but We loved doing it together. And how many young boys do you know that can say "My Mommy takes me to race every few months." Now he hasn't raced in a year and he really misses the cars. So now that my business (was my late husbands) is growing and it doesn't need me to watch over it 24/7 anymore I thought it was time to build up some cars for Wade and myself but this time involve my two stepdaughters as well.
I'm still old school though and all this new technology is giving me a headache the more I read... and spend. But once I get this DS finished I will probably post picks when it's done. For a Body I have a Porsche 911 Flat Nose body (See link #1) that came with the DS I bought. But the car is missing a few screws and it has Pro-Line Road Rage Truck Tires on the back (See Link #2) and Road Rage Buggy Rear Tires on the front (See link #3) and who ever the previous owner was cut up the front bumper to accommodate for the over sized tires. So as you see I have allot of work to do before I'm finished. But I have been thinking (Dangerous thing for a blonde to do.) and I might change the body and go with a PROTOform 1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Body (See link #4). And modify the body posts and go with a mount that doesn't require me to cut holes in the body (I really wish Traxxas, or really anybody would come out with a system like the Traxxas Funny Car has with the postless, clipless body mount system.). But it's getting late and my min is all fuzzy and I can no longer think.
Cya!

#1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111676168991
#2. http://www.prolineracing.com/tires/road-rage-ii-2.2-street-truck-tires/
#3. http://www.prolineracing.com/tires/road-rage-2.2-m2-medium-street-tires/
#4. http://racepf.com/vintage-trans-am/1971-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-clear-body/

klavy69

Re:

Post by klavy69 »

first of all :mrgreen: for this
PrincessShandi82 wrote: (Dangerous thing for a blonde to do.)
Yep, you have alot of work ahead of you. I've been wanting the postless body system to come about since I started this damn hobby. Would think more people would want this. I've had some ideas over time that took more ambition than I had at the time to work out so they kinda dropped by the wayside. I've also had some stuff I've bought show that other people are after this also. Have a traxxas bullet with the flat nose porsche like in your link that someone modified for postless mounts. Honestly don't like the body on this Bullet but have kept it around to maybe kickstart my ambition once I get done moving the hobby room(s) all together into one area.

Was cruising ebay the other night and it seems there is alot of DS bumpers on there all of a sudden ... since I no longer need one and over paid for mine big time.

I see you touched base with lobo in the the associated section so keep us updated.

Todd