rc10ds on carpet

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Trackingz
Approved Member

rc10ds on carpet

Post by Trackingz »

Has anyone converted the ds to 12mm hex front-rear and run touring car wheels and tyres on carpet with additive?
Formerly known as veeza

trek
Approved Member

Re: rc10ds on carpet

Post by trek »

Yes I have done it. It really likes getting the tires "warmed up". It starts gripping better after a few laps. I've taken it out a couple of time about a year ago. Didn't get into really trying to dial it in. Here is a link to my build
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36935

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Trek's thread has a really nice writeup on parts he used and is a good one to work with. The other guy that posted in his thread is also a DS king IMHO who has quite a few nitro and electric DS builds on here. Check out trek's and LoboNYC's threads and you should be able to come up with some really cool stuff 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

veeza wrote:Has anyone converted the ds to 12mm hex front-rear and run touring car wheels and tyres on carpet with additive?
I have yet to try running them but i did convert to 12mm hex front and rear on and tried on a set of associated touring wheels to see how they looked. they looked cool. but so do rc4wd 1.9 beadlock crawler wheels and proline 1.9 beadlock titus wheels. Whats even cooler is that beadlocks dont require glue so if you can reuse your wheels and just replace the tires.
trek wrote:Yes I have done it. It really likes getting the tires "warmed up". It starts gripping better after a few laps. I've taken it out a couple of time about a year ago. Didn't get into really trying to dial it in. Here is a link to my build
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36935
Any updates on handling with the different battery setups?
klavy69 wrote:Trek's thread has a really nice writeup on parts he used and is a good one to work with. The other guy that posted in his thread is also a DS king IMHO who has quite a few nitro and electric DS builds on here. Check out trek's and LoboNYC's threads and you should be able to come up with some really cool stuff 8)

Todd

thanks klavy69! : :wink: I have a nitro ds almost done. needs a body and the paris turbo pipe needs a pressure fitting. (hey romulus22, if you read this, thats the pipe you sent me :mrgreen: ) she's a spare parts DS build with GT and NTC3 parts thrown in the mix. I have "never run" original DS wheels and tires but i may convert car to 12mm so i have larger selection of wheels. will post soon.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

LoboNYC wrote: thanks klavy69! : :wink: I have a nitro ds almost done. needs a body and the paris turbo pipe needs a pressure fitting. (hey romulus22, if you read this, thats the pipe you sent me :mrgreen: ) she's a spare parts DS build with GT and NTC3 parts thrown in the mix. I have "never run" original DS wheels and tires but i may convert car to 12mm so i have larger selection of wheels. will post soon.[/color]
8)

Need you all to keep the pix and ideas coming. Those pictures and ideas actually help motivate me to get to work on my r/c instead of just moving it from spot to spot :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

Sorry, I only ran it a couple of times and didn't get into changing the battery around. When I was building it I though they would let me run it in our VTA class and thus set it up to handle a 1s lipo. They weren't very keen on a 2wd running with the 4wd VTA class, so I didn't pursue the battery positions much more.