So what did you get in the post today ???

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jwscab

Re: So what did you get in the post today ???

Post by jwscab »

where did you find that? any more left? I need one!

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

jwscab wrote:where did you find that? any more left? I need one!
Found it at an online hobby store like SabulaTech, but a lot smaller - just via a simple Google search...pure luck. It was the only one they had, trust me, I'da bought more!
Wish they would have had a standard composite one too, for my runner...

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Couldn't get rid of the one I had so I figured I'd buy a second. :x
2ndnemesis.jpg
2ndnemesis.jpg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 795 times
2ndnemesis.jpg
2ndnemesis.jpg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 795 times
Will be a parts donor to rebuild my Nemesis Wedge (which I'll now keep :wink: ) with the extra parts going back on sale.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Haven't updated for a while... so I'll add a few choice items that have arrived in the last week or so.....

Starting with this Schumacher Daytona manual.... only ever had a scan, so extremely pleased to have this. Now, to find a Nitro 4x4 manual...

Tamiya Tamtech Gear Ferrari GTO... almost ready to run, just add ESC and receiver. My history with sub 1:10 vehicles is quite patchy, so this may be moving on...

A Tamiya TA05-IFS custom, running IFS at both ends to clear the Speedway Pal bodyshell... this was a velodrome car, and may be again.

Tamiya TA05-MFour.... the first Tamiya m-chassis 4wd, and the one they made all the mistakes on (price, motor, battery, price) before they brought out the MF-01X. Nice car this, converted specially to run a Traxxas Velineon brushless motor, and packing a small 2S 1600 LiPo. Lots of alloy and carbon on this one - more pictures later, may add this to my showroom tonight if I get the chance.

A TA05 jumble lot.... about 75% of a car... got to add some bits, then will make a drifter out of it.

The Mighty DB01 Box'o'Horror.... a box with heaps of Tamiya DB01 buggy parts in it, including upgrades to shocks, drive shafts, etc.... as well as heaps of new and used spare parts. Sorry, not a good pic.... :lol:

Lastly, this cool little ESC, to suit silver can or Sports Tuned motors. Basically an inline ESC! I can see this hiding away inside a M03 chassis, or even in the GTO. Check out the size compared to the Deans plugs!

That's all for now..... any more, and I bet I'd be in the doghouse even more than I am!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Alex - love that TA05-IFS!

I've been picking up misc small lots to stock up on things to keep me busy while I'm stuck inside for the winter. I got this lot - 4 chassis and 30 to 40 wheels/tires (sorry for the pic quality, my phone camera sucks). There is also a drawer rack that came with it that has a ton of misc little pieces parts...servos, escs, etc. There were a couple goodies I didn't expect also, like a Novak 410-M5, a Speedworks Joel Magic Johnson motor, and a Technigold motor. And a handful of unlabeled silver can motors...who knows what they are. Might be a few other little surprises, I haven't really dug through it yet.
20151103_112225.jpg
20151103_112758.jpg
20151103_112805.jpg

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Lastly, this cool little ESC, to suit silver can or Sports Tuned motors. Basically an inline ESC! I can see this hiding away inside a M03 chassis, or even in the GTO. Check out the size compared to the Deans plugs!
:shock: That's pretty cool! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Does it have reverse? I could use something like that to power a little 380 motor in a project I've got going.
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Can't have reverse because it has a straight thru red wire. I wonder if it's from the airplane community? Does it have brakes?
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
Tamiya TA05-MFour.... the first Tamiya m-chassis 4wd, and the one they made all the mistakes on (price, motor, battery, price) before they brought out the MF-01X. Nice car this, converted specially to run a Traxxas Velineon brushless motor, and packing a small 2S 1600 LiPo. Lots of alloy and carbon on this one - more pictures later, may add this to my showroom tonight if I get the chance.
Funny, just a week ago my friend had me draw up and cut out a couple lwb chassis for those. I have no idea what he is doing, but the way he makes it sound people will want them.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

GoMachV wrote:Can't have reverse because it has a straight thru red wire. I wonder if it's from the airplane community? Does it have brakes?
I think it is from an RC aircraft of some sort. They are typically shrink wrapped like that since weight is such a premium, and about that size. I've got 4 about like that on my quad, 12A each. It probably won't have a brake or reverse.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

j-sou wrote: :shock: That's pretty cool! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Does it have reverse? I could use something like that to power a little 380 motor in a project I've got going.
GoMachV wrote:Can't have reverse because it has a straight thru red wire. I wonder if it's from the airplane community? Does it have brakes?
mk-Zero wrote:I think it is from an RC aircraft of some sort. They are typically shrink wrapped like that since weight is such a premium, and about that size. I've got 4 about like that on my quad, 12A each. It probably won't have a brake or reverse.
Of everything I put up, THIS gets the most interest? Who knew! Anyway, I got this from one of the guys involved in the gone (but not forgotten) RC-Mini.net community, a mad keen Mini racer and someone who was always up to try something different (the dual IFS TA05 was his as well). Not sure if it was aircraft-based, or specifically developed for Mini racing back in the brushed days... but I will hook it up today and answer all questions. I am guessing NO to reverse (as M5 has said), and probably YES to brakes, but not strong brakes.

GoMachV wrote:
Incredible_Serious wrote:
Funny, just a week ago my friend had me draw up and cut out a couple lwb chassis for those. I have no idea what he is doing, but the way he makes it sound people will want them.
That IS interesting..... maybe mention to your friend about the steering mod on this one, it's moved about 5 - 10mm to the left, which enables enough clearance for the brushless motor. Be interested in seeing what your friend is doing....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

R Cane wrote:Alex - love that TA05-IFS!

I've been picking up misc small lots to stock up on things to keep me busy while I'm stuck inside for the winter. I got this lot - 4 chassis and 30 to 40 wheels/tires (sorry for the pic quality, my phone camera sucks). There is also a drawer rack that came with it that has a ton of misc little pieces parts...servos, escs, etc. There were a couple goodies I didn't expect also, like a Novak 410-M5, a Speedworks Joel Magic Johnson motor, and a Technigold motor. And a handful of unlabeled silver can motors...who knows what they are. Might be a few other little surprises, I haven't really dug through it yet.
20151103_112225.jpg
I'm loving the look of this!!! My favourite lot to pick up, one with ESCs, whether known or mystery..... looking forward to checking it out!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

Ah shoot. I never thought about the straight through red wire meaning it couldn't have reverse, but it makes sense. I need to find something tiny with reverse to power a 380!
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

j-sou wrote:
Incredible_Serious wrote: Lastly, this cool little ESC, to suit silver can or Sports Tuned motors. Basically an inline ESC! I can see this hiding away inside a M03 chassis, or even in the GTO. Check out the size compared to the Deans plugs!
:shock: That's pretty cool! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Does it have reverse? I could use something like that to power a little 380 motor in a project I've got going.

j-sou...Would this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mystery-Cloud-RC-Boat-30A-Marine-ESC-with-Reverse-5V-2A-BEC-for-2-3S-Lipo-/331612149606?hash=item4d359fd766:g:iNwAAOSwT6pVsTdE

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

it's a brushless ESC, but maybe would work with a brushed motor. likely no brake.

CruzinCustomz
Approved Member

Post by CruzinCustomz »