**Contest Questions/Comments**

----------------------------------------------

May Build of the Month Winner - morrisey0

Moderator: scr8p

scr8p
Administrator

Re: **Contest Questions/Comments**

Post by scr8p »

there are no separate groups. if you want to enter a truck, enter a truck. if you want to enter car, enter a car. if you have an rc10 that was converted to run dirt oval, it's still rc10 based, right? it falls under the "etc" part.

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Scr8p, Thanks for that, better to ask a stupid question etc, I have reread the rules and can see where i went wrong, I thought that there is three sub sections not all in one.
Cheers, Dave.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Thanks for the clarification. We'll see if my work schedule will allow me to wrench some. First I'd have to clean the cobwebs out of my RC corner.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Johnboy72 wrote:We'll see if my work schedule will allow me to wrench some.
if you already have built cars, you don't have to wrench on anything. just take pics and post them. :wink:

i updated the rules to reflect some of the questions. the main changes:

1) this is not a 30 day build-off.

2) as long as it's based on associated vehicles, aftermarket parts and conversions are eligible.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Great idea with the contest! The only thing I dont like is the " car could be built 30yrs ago, just take a pic". Most of us could pretty much pick the 12 cars that will be the winners for the next year. The Tecna, carbon tub, mip 4x4 car comes to mind. Im almost sure that car would win no matter what it goes against. Id rather see recent builds otherwise its just gonna be stuff we've drooled over for years that everyone knows about already.

Just my $.02

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I know that its not a requirement to be in the contest or even look at it :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

a little heads up....

just to make it easier, we have decided to only take the first 10 vehicles that are submitted each month. this way there is only 1 poll that needs to be set up.

but i would like to get an idea of how many of you guys would actually submit a vehicle and be part of the contest. so for this first month, don't worry about the whole "10" thing. just submit your entry so we can get an idea of car count. if we have 20-30 submitted, i may be willing to go with 20 cars, 2 separate polls as a semi, then take the top 10 for the finals. just like the test run was done.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

I was just going to suggest this change. :wink:
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Contest idea: Legendary RC10talk builds. You know, the ones you just sat around praying for the builder's next post. I can think of at least 6 just off the top of my head. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

It might be kinda hard to work out, but a best "Gallery" poll would be kinda fun. Mine would certainly not make the cut... :oops: I judge people's galleries based on the number of times I cream my jeans. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Post by Kyoshojoe »

At least I'm not the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to call our RC cars "rides"! :mrgreen:
I have a couple of action figures that ride around in some of my rc's :P

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:It might be kinda hard to work out, but a best "Gallery" poll would be kinda fun. Mine would certainly not make the cut... :oops: I judge people's galleries based on the number of times I cream my jeans. :mrgreen:
We could probably do a poll in the Gallery Forum for that. Basically work it the same as the Build of the Month. Members submit their Gallery, close it down after 10 submissions and start the poll. I don't know about doing it every month though.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

scr8p wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:It might be kinda hard to work out, but a best "Gallery" poll would be kinda fun. Mine would certainly not make the cut... :oops: I judge people's galleries based on the number of times I cream my jeans. :mrgreen:
We could probably do a poll in the Gallery Forum for that. Basically work it the same as the Build of the Month. Members submit their Gallery, close it down after 10 submissions and start the poll. I don't know about doing it every month though.
Yeah, I think just once or twice would be plenty.
Ken

DMAT
Approved Member

Build of the month contest suggestion.

Post by DMAT »

Just a thought for future contests. Instead of waiting to see if we get enough entrants, why not poll ahead for different types of contests. just post a contest type and see how many people commit to enter, once the next month rolls around, one of the contests with the needed amount of people gets posted and people can finally submit their entries.

That way you avoid people shying away from contests when you get some awesome car like that Fibre Lyte car or the Shelby DS put in.

like there could be ones where its Graphite/CF contest. No black or gold tub contest. Metal car contest. 10T contest, DS contest. Re-Re contest.

Its just a thought. Feel free to delete the thread if you want scr8p.

romulus22

Re: Build of the month contest suggestion.

Post by romulus22 »

I like the idea of "categories". I think the majority of the members on this site are buggy people. Wether these "buggy" people only vote for buggies I doubt. But three buggies in a row have won, conspiracy 8)

Edit: 4 in a row, forgot how many we've done already.