#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

woodall01
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by woodall01 »

Spanky wrote:So I got my trannys back from AE today and they run pretty smooth now. I had sent them to their service department because the gear mesh was rough and tight, and even after installing new idlers and top shafts directly from AE the transmissions were still lousy. I finally had requested new cases or to send them in and they wanted to build them for me.

These transmissions were out of brand new Worlds kits and were the putty white color. When I got them back, they looked exactly the same, but the warranty parts slip said they were new replacement cases. The gear mesh is pretty darn good now, but I still feel a little roughness at a couple points during rotation. It's not enough to be an issue at all though and will probably wear in after I whip them with a good brushless motor and some lipos.

I also sent my worlds tranny in about 3 months ago, it will loosen up as soon as you run it a little hard. My CE would walk over my Worlds at first, but once the tranny was broken in the worlds now smokes the CE.

woodall01
Approved Member

Post by woodall01 »

turbo_bird wrote:I jumped on one of these when I saw that Tower wasn't carrying them anymore and got one from Stormer for $200. It's been a long time since I've built a kit, but it went together pretty good. My only issue was the top shaft like others have mentioned. Mine doesn't let the slipper plate rub on the motor plate, but when I tried putting a motor in, the spur gear sits close enough to the motor plate that it won't clear the hump of the end of the motor housing where the bearing sits, so I had to put in a 22 tooth pinion. Is this normal, or should I tried to get a new top shaft? I guess brushless motors have a flat end plate, but I was planning on using some of the old school stuff I have for now. The motor and speed control in it now came as part of the package when I bought an original worlds car from a guy a bunch of years ago. He never ran the car and neither have I, so now I get to run one as well as keep the real deal pristine on the shelf.
Kristian

Send a email to AE to get a new top shaft. That should fix your issue.

Medved

Post by Medved »

Well props to the associated guys and there customer service team. I got my replacement top shaft today all the way so England in a few days! It fits perfectly and the gear train is nice and smooth.

13.5 speed passion is in there and I hope to give it a run out at the weekend

woodall01
Approved Member

Post by woodall01 »

Medved wrote:Well props to the associated guys and there customer service team. I got my replacement top shaft today all the way so England in a few days! It fits perfectly and the gear train is nice and smooth.

13.5 speed passion is in there and I hope to give it a run out at the weekend
Let us know how it runs, I am thinking about replacing my Tekin 17.5 with a 13.5.

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

These are getting cheap! I just picked up one from amain with labor day coupon for 179.99

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

I have run as low as a 8.5 in my original worlds trans car and it was fine. I was more competitive with that then my b5m, lol!

Where did you get the coupon to get a world's rerelease that cheap? I have a project I wanted to do and would rather start fresh than rehabbing an eBay special.

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

A main hobbies and stormer hobbies has them for 189.99

woodall01
Approved Member

Post by woodall01 »

pumpkinfish wrote:I have run as low as a 8.5 in my original worlds trans car and it was fine. I was more competitive with that then my b5m, lol!

Where did you get the coupon to get a world's rerelease that cheap? I have a project I wanted to do and would rather start fresh than rehabbing an eBay special.

What was size of spur gear were you running? How did it handle?

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Hey everyone, I sent AE an email last week and haven't heard back yet. Should I wait or should I try calling instead? Having the transmission issues that everyone else is having. Or should I just buy the new parts?
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

RC104ever wrote:Hey everyone, I sent AE an email last week and haven't heard back yet. Should I wait or should I try calling instead? Having the transmission issues that everyone else is having. Or should I just buy the new parts?
If you had called and hadn't heard back I would say don't sweat it, they never let you know parts are coming. Unfortunately I can't speak for the email side. When I sent an email I got a reply, which is probably more rare than normal
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Same thing happened to me....
I emailed them with a picture of a receipt, told them the tranny issue n didn't hear anything back for a lil over a week....
Then the parts just showed up in the mail shortly after.

$180 from amain with the coupon code till the end of the month for anyone interested.
I'm tempted to buy kit #4 at that price just for parts.....

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

I picked up a #6565 10T stealth case as they call it and replaced the original out of the Re-Re world's car last night. I've heard it mentioned before but didn't think it would make such a difference. The stealth special spins so freely it's ridiculous, it even spins better then my new B5M.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Did you reuse the idler or go to the old style 6570? That's where I saw a huge improvement
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

so thats it the rc10 worlds run is over?

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

I went old school and used the original style idler. I have a few of the older ones saved so why not.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541