#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by RichieRich »

I just got my 6565 cases from AE and they're a weird 90's Compaq putty color. Bleh.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Compaq gray! I'm a bit disappointed too but they should dye just fine lol!

I'm making a new thread on the china vs USA cases and idlers with a quick video
The 6565 cases are ugly but they fit right 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

Would peroxide make the new 6565 case whiter like the originals :?:
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

transamman908 wrote:Would peroxide make the new 6565 case whiter like the originals :?:
i doubt it, they are grey… the compaq computer comparison is spot on.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

You don't notice it as much until it's next to other white parts, then it looks like rpm gearbox gray. Sticks out like a site thumb.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

gomachv wrote:You don't notice it as much until it's next to other white parts, then it looks like rpm gearbox gray. Sticks out like a site thumb.
What's a site thumb? :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Kinda like a sore thumb but different. :lol:

I blame siri
Factory Works website

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

So I got my trannys back from AE today and they run pretty smooth now. I had sent them to their service department because the gear mesh was rough and tight, and even after installing new idlers and top shafts directly from AE the transmissions were still lousy. I finally had requested new cases or to send them in and they wanted to build them for me.

These transmissions were out of brand new Worlds kits and were the putty white color. When I got them back, they looked exactly the same, but the warranty parts slip said they were new replacement cases. The gear mesh is pretty darn good now, but I still feel a little roughness at a couple points during rotation. It's not enough to be an issue at all though and will probably wear in after I whip them with a good brushless motor and some lipos.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I sent them a story and my video, told them if they want they can make it right by sending me the good parts but mainly it was just for their own reference lol. My reply asked for a copy of the receipt (lol, as I told them I got it from them and provided an invoice number) and haven't heard back so I guess we will see what they send me lmfao
Factory Works website

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I was excited to get my warranty parts from Associated and quite happy with their service .... Untill I opened the box.

I rang up and said I bought 3 worlds cars and one 6560 transmission kit. I said I built one worlds car and had the top shaft issue and that the 6560 also had a bad machined top shaft. I also asked about possible problems with the other kits and the response was no worries, we'll send you three to be safe. I asked if at the same time I could also order two 6565 transmission cases and they said, yeah I can send you those.

Parts arrived and I open the box to find two 6564 cases :roll: I put the new top shaft in my trans and while not unacceptable it is rougher than the wrongly machined gear from the kit. I figure since they sent me the spare cases I'd try one to see if it was any better - It was exactly the same....

While AE did replace parts and held up their end it's a bit of a disapointment that they sent me 6564 when I was prepared to pay for the 6565.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

Since we're sharing problem transmission and service support stories (and I've littered a few threads with the same story), I'll mention that Bob Stormer appears to be taking care of my displeasure with the parts I received from them (parts pulled from a Worlds kit when I ordered #6560). He's a bit short on the replies but from the few I've received, I believe I'm getting a USA case, a proper idler on the shaft and a B4 top shaft. We'll see. I just received an email this morning with "order confirmation" showing my credit card and another #6560 kit so I'll have to keep an eye on my statement and mailbox. haha

Medved

Post by Medved »

My kit turned up yesterday and started building it thus evening. Mine too has the top shaft problem with the slipper plate touching the motor plate. Emailed that chap Donald Natale and they are going to send me out a replacement. Hopefully it will sort out the issue.

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Don't hold your breathe mah brotha.

Edit: I don't want that to get misinterpreted as if I'm implying that the part won't get there.....cause it will...and fast.

As far as it "sorting out the issues" ........Sure....but only one of the issues.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

gomachv wrote:I sent them a story and my video, told them if they want they can make it right by sending me the good parts but mainly it was just for their own reference lol. My reply asked for a copy of the receipt (lol, as I told them I got it from them and provided an invoice number) and haven't heard back so I guess we will see what they send me lmfao
Couple days later I get a package 8) they sent me the proper "USA" case and idler. Kudos Team Associated, thank you for actually listening to me!
Factory Works website

turbo_bird

Post by turbo_bird »

I jumped on one of these when I saw that Tower wasn't carrying them anymore and got one from Stormer for $200. It's been a long time since I've built a kit, but it went together pretty good. My only issue was the top shaft like others have mentioned. Mine doesn't let the slipper plate rub on the motor plate, but when I tried putting a motor in, the spur gear sits close enough to the motor plate that it won't clear the hump of the end of the motor housing where the bearing sits, so I had to put in a 22 tooth pinion. Is this normal, or should I tried to get a new top shaft? I guess brushless motors have a flat end plate, but I was planning on using some of the old school stuff I have for now. The motor and speed control in it now came as part of the package when I bought an original worlds car from a guy a bunch of years ago. He never ran the car and neither have I, so now I get to run one as well as keep the real deal pristine on the shelf.
Kristian