JRX Pro SE Rebuild

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

oldrc
Approved Member

Re: JRX Pro SE Rebuild - Questions

Post by oldrc »

Dans is a really nice build indeed.

Could someone enlighten me on th e RPM rear h arm conversions I have? I presume they convert a Pro from 5 link to the standard of a Pro SE? I have never taken them out of the packet and don't really want to open it if I don't need to.

Does anyone have the TBG 'aftermarket' body on thier Pro SE? I would like to see one painted and compared to a normal one.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

The original short wheel base JRX2 was the only Losi buggy to have the 5-link suspension... the JRXPro, The Junior 2 both came with the more regular H-Arm set-up but had the provision to fit the trailing arms for the 5-link.... the Pro SE (which you say yours is) had the moulded chassis (like the Junior 2 has) but didn't have the holes/provision to fit the 5-link trailing arms.

I'm unsure if the RPM H-Arm kit was a set of parts that was released before Losi made their own H-Arm option parts (which incidentally was available before the Pro kit was released & formed part of a LWB upgrade kit for the JRX2 called the 'Performance Kit') Or if the RPM items were just sold alongside the Losi items, marketed as being stronger?

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

... Oh & I forgot to mention, the two-tone blue & white shell on my JRX2 runner is a TBG shell - & its a very good reproduction (lines are crisp & lexan clear & bubble free), its a little smaller O/A compared to an original, but all is OK with some care cutting it out. So I don't see why there would be any reason why their ProSE shell would be any different?

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

DerbyDan wrote:The original short wheel base JRX2 was the only Losi buggy to have the 5-link suspension... the JRXPro, The Junior 2 both came with the more regular H-Arm set-up but had the provision to fit the trailing arms for the 5-link.... the Pro SE (which you say yours is) had the moulded chassis (like the Junior 2 has) but didn't have the holes/provision to fit the 5-link trailing arms.

I'm unsure if the RPM H-Arm kit was a set of parts that was released before Losi made their own H-Arm option parts (which incidentally was available before the Pro kit was released & formed part of a LWB upgrade kit for the JRX2 called the 'Performance Kit') Or if the RPM items were just sold alongside the Losi items, marketed as being stronger?
The RPM items are a 'conversion' so I would hazard a guess they were released after the Pro SE was released, to change 5 link to the newly released h-arm on the SE.

Mine is for sure a Pro SE, raced in for years, it has the moulded chassis.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

DerbyDan wrote:... Oh & I forgot to mention, the two-tone blue & white shell on my JRX2 runner is a TBG shell - & its a very good reproduction (lines are crisp & lexan clear & bubble free), its a little smaller O/A compared to an original, but all is OK with some care cutting it out. So I don't see why there would be any reason why their ProSE shell would be any different?
Sounds good enough, I think I will get one of each style they do, thanks.

I'm literally building a new car out of new bits, going to cost me a fortune!

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Just to confirm, the retrofit tranny casing is a light grey colour as opposed to the dark grey/black colour of the original?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes but they also made lrm cases in gray also
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:
DerbyDan wrote:... Oh & I forgot to mention, the two-tone blue & white shell on my JRX2 runner is a TBG shell - & its a very good reproduction (lines are crisp & lexan clear & bubble free), its a little smaller O/A compared to an original, but all is OK with some care cutting it out. So I don't see why there would be any reason why their ProSE shell would be any different?
Sounds good enough, I think I will get one of each style they do, thanks.

I'm literally building a new car out of new bits, going to cost me a fortune!
Yup! Just don't keep score though.....it can be scary! :shock:
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:Just to confirm, the retrofit tranny casing is a light grey colour as opposed to the dark grey/black colour of the original?
All the ones I've seen have been light grey.
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

[/quote]The RPM items are a 'conversion' so I would hazard a guess they were released after the Pro SE was released, to change 5 link to the newly released h-arm on the SE.

Mine is for sure a Pro SE, raced in for years, it has the moulded chassis.[/quote]

The ProSE was H-arm as standard - the chassis wouldn't even accept the 5-link set-up from the JRX2 - if this kit was a conversion to 'H' Arm, then I would suggest that it pre-dates the JRXPro SE :wink:

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

DerbyDan wrote: The ProSE was H-arm as standard - the chassis wouldn't even accept the 5-link set-up from the JRX2 - if this kit was a conversion to 'H' Arm, then I would suggest that it pre-dates the JRXPro SE :wink:
I thought that initially, but that would mean RPM came up with it first and Losi copied them and put it on the SE as standard. But logically I would say that the SE came out and RPM did the conversion so that people could get the h-arm without having to buy an SE

But I could be wrong which is likely :)

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

LosiXXkid wrote:
oldrc wrote:Just to confirm, the retrofit tranny casing is a light grey colour as opposed to the dark grey/black colour of the original?
All the ones I've seen have been light grey.
Thanks that's what I thought.

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Yet another question, is there a part number for a complete screw kit?

Thanks

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

oldrc wrote:
DerbyDan wrote: The ProSE was H-arm as standard - the chassis wouldn't even accept the 5-link set-up from the JRX2 - if this kit was a conversion to 'H' Arm, then I would suggest that it pre-dates the JRXPro SE :wink:
I thought that initially, but that would mean RPM came up with it first and Losi copied them and put it on the SE as standard. But logically I would say that the SE came out and RPM did the conversion so that people could get the h-arm without having to buy an SE
Dan is right. The ProSE is Losis fourth buggy, the JRXPro and Junior2 came between the two and all of them had H arm suspension. The JRX2 was the only one with the five link. You can confirm this by looking at the manuals at http://www.vintagelosi.com/Buggies.html

For screws you are going to have to go through the Pro manual http://www.vintagelosi.com/Manuals_files/jrxpro.pdf and SE supplement http://www.vintagelosi.com/Manuals_files/jrxprose.pdf and make up your own list. For US size screws I personally use http://modelfixings.co.uk as you can order individual screws if you want and they always seem to have everything in stock.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

oldrc wrote:

But I could be wrong which is likely :)
If you check out my gallery......

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=18939&start=0

.......from about post 6 there are a few entries that might help clear this up :wink:

My feeling is (and I could be wrong) RPM developed the H arm conversion pre the release of the JRX Pro.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028