Custom Modified RC10 Box Art... on a B4.1?

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Re: Custom Modified RC10 Box Art... on a B4.1?

Post by hawgfanman »

So, I'm trying to fit my protech on my 4.1 with a +8 chassis and it definitely doesn't fit as well as yours on the standard chassis. I'm very disappointed! :evil: Oh well, maybe I'll just have to get a standard length chassis. :P I'm sure it won't make that much of difference with my driving! :mrgreen:

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

What do you do as far as actually mounting the body? I trimmed a body I had and it fits well, but the rear body mount post (molded into the rear tower) is like an inch below the body. Likewise, the wing is way below the top of the body when the wing is on the stock mounts.

Edit:, read.again and saw you used velcro on the body, so that answers that, but how did you raise the wing mounts, mine seem a lot lower?

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

mk-Zero wrote:What do you do as far as actually mounting the body? I trimmed a body I had and it fits well, but the rear body mount post (molded into the rear tower) is like an inch below the body. Likewise, the wing is way below the top of the body when the wing is on the stock mounts.

Edit:, read.again and saw you used velcro on the body, so that answers that, but how did you raise the wing mounts, mine seem a lot lower?
I'm curious about the wing mount too. My wing definitely sits a lot lower than the body.

UltraHIVE
Approved Member

Post by UltraHIVE »

mk-Zero wrote:What do you do as far as actually mounting the body? I trimmed a body I had and it fits well, but the rear body mount post (molded into the rear tower) is like an inch below the body. Likewise, the wing is way below the top of the body when the wing is on the stock mounts.

Sorry for the delays, I turned 39 and for me that lasts a whole month, and alot of celebrating (booze), and meditating.

Ok, I actually did a few things here that I might not have mentioned... I raised the rear tower by adding spacers (shock diaphrams) between the bottom of the tower and the chassis, 3/16 i believe. Then i heated the wing mounts (butane torch) at the thinnest spots, and curved them up a little bit. I also notched off the rear towers body mount since Im using velcro. Theres velcro on the sides and the front tip. I might have to trim the sides of the body, upwards like 1/8" and resize & reprint the side "10 Team Associated" decals, to avoid the body from popping off when the buggy slaps down. Its fine for now but the next one will be tweeked better.

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Cool, thanks for the explanation. How did you compensate with the shocks for the raised rear tower? Seems like if you raised the tower by 3/16" you would need to do something with the shocks. Maybe just removing a limiter and loosing a little droop?
Anyway, very cool. My b4 is now a basher for my almost 4 year old, so maybe I'll do this to it.