#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikea96
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by mikea96 »

Wow that is very noticeable! :shock:

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

Yep had the same problem with one of mine , re drilled the hole 90 degree around then found that the CVD cup didn't have the depth for the ball, have had to take back to the hobby shop to go back to the distributer and get another one, still waiting for the replacement.
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

mtbkym01
Approved Member

Post by mtbkym01 »

Oozzee wrote:Yep had the same problem with one of mine , re drilled the hole 90 degree around then found that the CVD cup didn't have the depth for the ball, have had to take back to the hobby shop to go back to the distributer and get another one, still waiting for the replacement.
I'll be calling in to my LHS this arvo, do you or anyone here know if these cups are from any other model, or are they specific?
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

mtbkym01
Approved Member

Post by mtbkym01 »

mikea96 wrote:Wow that is very noticeable! :shock:
Yep, very, pretty disappointed really, such a shame as I was really enjoying it up until this. My topshaft and stealth is good with the slightest little tight spot in rotation, which will wear smooth in about 10 mins of run time, so I thought I'd got a "good one", but then this.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Holy smoke! It's a "rare" error, crooked CVD kit. Sell it on ebay for $1,000!! Probably only 5 ever made. :D

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

I was asked to post our current setups, so here they are......
Attachments
jeremy worlds car1.jpg
jeremy worlds car2.jpg
jeff worlds car1.jpg
jeff worlds car2.jpg

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

mtbkym01 wrote:
Oozzee wrote:Yep had the same problem with one of mine , re drilled the hole 90 degree around then found that the CVD cup didn't have the depth for the ball, have had to take back to the hobby shop to go back to the distributer and get another one, still waiting for the replacement.
I'll be calling in to my LHS this arvo, do you or anyone here know if these cups are from any other model, or are they specific?
Yep it's from a B44 I believe , have been known to be wrong, these parts aren't that easy to get in Brisbane
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

JHarris wrote:I was asked to post our current setups, so here they are......
Thank you :)

Your shocks are different than what I normally run, #2, 35/30. I may try the #1 heavy oil set up for outdoors.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

mtbkym01
Approved Member

Post by mtbkym01 »

RichieRich wrote:Holy smoke! It's a "rare" error, crooked CVD kit. Sell it on ebay for $1,000!! Probably only 5 ever made. :D
LOL, not a bad plan :lol:

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

mtbkym01 wrote:
RichieRich wrote:Holy smoke! It's a "rare" error, crooked CVD kit. Sell it on ebay for $1,000!! Probably only 5 ever made. :D
LOL, not a bad plan :lol:
Bugger will I get less for mine as I have defiled it, ohh well if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all :lol:
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

I really hope the associated guys that are members on this site are taking notice of all the gross out of spec tolerances and other issue that we are having with this buggy and reporting them down the line....seems a lot of us are having the same issues and as for that cvd having the off center hole....all I can say is wow.....I think that every machinist that has been doing the parts for associated needs to all go for mandatory eye exams and have their skill sets checked. I mean did someone just pick some parts out of a bin and say"these will work" when they were re producing this classic racing machine?
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

GoldRush wrote:I really hope the associated guys that are members on this site are taking notice of all the gross out of spec tolerances and other issue that we are having with this buggy and reporting them down the line....seems a lot of us are having the same issues and as for that cvd having the off center hole....all I can say is wow.....I think that every machinist that has been doing the parts for associated needs to all go for mandatory eye exams and have their skill sets checked. I mean did someone just pick some parts out of a bin and say"these will work" when they were re producing this classic racing machine?
The real Worlds Car was built in the USA :wink: of course, that can have mistakes too (my 6036 Team Car came with Gold shocks) Chinese production is what it is- and I really think that the Re-Re's are a whole different thing than AE race vehicles, ie- tolerances on the qualifier series is likely looser than the B5

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
GoldRush wrote:I really hope the associated guys that are members on this site are taking notice of all the gross out of spec tolerances and other issue that we are having with this buggy and reporting them down the line....seems a lot of us are having the same issues and as for that cvd having the off center hole....all I can say is wow.....I think that every machinist that has been doing the parts for associated needs to all go for mandatory eye exams and have their skill sets checked. I mean did someone just pick some parts out of a bin and say"these will work" when they were re producing this classic racing machine?
The real Worlds Car was built in the USA :wink: of course, that can have mistakes too (my 6036 Team Car came with Gold shocks) Chinese production is what it is- and I really think that the Re-Re's are a whole different thing than AE race vehicles, ie- tolerances on the qualifier series is likely looser than the B5
Dead right, having built both cars at the same time the tolerances and quality control couldn't be more different, one is a full race machine with every part playing a part in the whole the other is a replica made to a cost of a past champion, the B5M goes like a dream , the worlds to me is a dream come true, quirks and all
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

JK Racing wrote:
JHarris wrote:I was asked to post our current setups, so here they are......
Thank you :)

Your shocks are different than what I normally run, #2, 35/30. I may try the #1 heavy oil set up for outdoors.
I was surprised by the shocks setup as well.

mtbkym01
Approved Member

Post by mtbkym01 »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
True, I've just recently built my B5 and it was excellent with awesome tolerances and quality, this car is very similar money to buy though, so there is no excuse for the poor quality.