#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mdutcher
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by mdutcher »

gomachv wrote:Glad to hear it fixed it!

So, yours had the mismade shaft, did it also have the binding while spinning the trans? Trying to narrow down the two issues and see if they are linked
I do have a mismade shaft, I believe. There is no binding from the slipper plates and the addition of the B4 spacer. I actually needed to add a few more shims in there to get the proper the spacing for the back of the slipper. Now it works.

Upon spinning the tranny though, there is some roughness. It is not perfect at all, but that can possibly worked out through some break in period. That will be next.

On a side note, I emailed Don with AE customer service and he is sending me a new top shaft to try out. Neat guy and great customer service. I do understand that not all things are perfect. I may get frustrated at times, but mainly with myself because I am just not smart enough to figure things out. Ha! Regardless, what I can and do say is that I am particular to good customer service. Thanks Don with AE!
FT RC10B4.2*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*XP
RC10 Re-Re*Dualsky ESC*Reedy 17.5T*Savox
RC10 CE*Novak GTB2*Dualsky 13.5T*XP
RC10T and other vintage goodness

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

That's what we are trying to figure out, it's possible that the topshaft is not only machined too far, but also the gear is off center. The people that aren't having spacing issues don't seem to be complaining about roughness either. Hmmm, I think jwscab is onto something
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

aeiou wrote:
stulec52 wrote:A parts list would be awesome.
I'm building mine this week, would love to put a 4.2 (or4.1) slipper in from the get go, but don't know what I need.

Thanks
The kits comes with the V2. If you want the VTS:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCBFG&P=7
ok thanks.
so, to get around this potential shaft issue, and to convert to the new style slipper, this part is all I need ?
sorry if this has been answered already, I did look, but mostly found lots of people with shaft issues (ooeer) so I'm just trying to find out what I can buy ahead of my build.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Our Worlds kits arrived today and I will happily be taking two home tomorrow. The boxes look good, nice and crisp. The labels on the back are pretty good and boxes not crushed like many of the Classics were.

Fingers crossed there are no tranny issues. I asked this earlier but if us overseaers run into trans problems do we get in contact with AE or the importer/distributor? I probably wont build mine for 6 months, will this be an issue? I still havn't built my Classics yet.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

mdutcher wrote:
gomachv wrote:Glad to hear it fixed it!

So, yours had the mismade shaft, did it also have the binding while spinning the trans? Trying to narrow down the two issues and see if they are linked
I do have a mismade shaft, I believe. There is no binding from the slipper plates and the addition of the B4 spacer. I actually needed to add a few more shims in there to get the proper the spacing for the back of the slipper. Now it works.

Upon spinning the tranny though, there is some roughness. It is not perfect at all, but that can possibly worked out through some break in period. That will be next.

On a side note, I emailed Don with AE customer service and he is sending me a new top shaft to try out. Neat guy and great customer service. I do understand that not all things are perfect. I may get frustrated at times, but mainly with myself because I am just not smart enough to figure things out. Ha! Regardless, what I can and do say is that I am particular to good customer service. Thanks Don with AE!
I have a similar issue with the roughness as well as the slipper plate problem.. It feels like it catches at one point but frees up as I rotate the gears.. I figured that it would free up after a break in period.. I also got a response from Don at AE and he is sending me out a new top shaft.. AE does have great customer service I have to say.. I appreciate that..

Shawn

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Going to see if I can build both trannys today. Will post my results. If the worlds kit version is bad,, will they just replace the whole trans or at least the bad parts? Grinding gears is NOT an acceptable fix for a car that was designed to run modern equipment.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Sounds like they have been replacing the top shaft, per the other comments here. They wouldn't replace the whole trans, that's just silly

Take a look at the shaft before you install it, make note of how long the slipper area is if you can. Measurements should help determine if it's a good one or bad one

Abailey21 provided this pic showing the good and the bad
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GodSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GodSpeed »

gomachv wrote:Sounds like they have been replacing the top shaft, per the other comments here. They wouldn't replace the whole trans, that's just silly

Take a look at the shaft before you install it, make note of how long the slipper area is if you can. Measurements should help determine if it's a good one or bad one

Abailey21 provided this pic showing the good and the bad
Without two to compare of my own, could someone whip out a pair of slide callipers and get a measurement?

tony13b
Approved Member

Post by tony13b »

I got my pair today :wink: with some other goodies, J concepts bell crank for the worlds and a J concepts tranny brace for a A&L car i built 8) ,the original is going to stay in the box... :D
My local hobby shop throw in the hoody :D

ebay-ee002801c

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Just got mine today at the hobby shop. The brotha hooked me up.....$260 even.

Ah man, I opened up the box....With all that oil everywhere, I didn't know if I was lookin' at a kit or a Greek salad.
I didn't even know what I should do..Wipe it down or add vinegar.....fuggedaboudit.

Actually, I didn't even open the box yet.....

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

I just noticed tonight that I got mismatched colored front shocks. I got a single dark grey front shock and the rest are a lighter color.

Lynn

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Anyone else have an issue with the the steering being too tight as soon as you start screwing in the bellcrank bushing nut?? The bellcranks won't freely turn after like two turns of the nut.

How do I fix this?

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

my trans seems a bit crunchy and I hear slight rubbing between motor plate and slipper and my steering is tighter than a virgin on prom night...im thinking of seeing if I can find flanged bearings in the same dimensions as the bushings
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The bearings are just regular 1/4x3/8 flanged- same as rear axles on the classic
Factory Works website

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Pardon the noob question......but when building the tranny, which side of the diff goes on the same side as the spur gear, the side with the spring???