#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JPAE07
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by JPAE07 »

I love it!

Every time I order kits from Tower the boxes are crushed on either side. So irritating!
Oh yeah, and the clear seals on the top of the box are broke too. At least the main seal was intact. Interesting!

I'm too scared to open any of the #6001s I own based on others experiences. A drive to Lake Forest to show all my receipts to have defective parts replaced is not enticing.

Anyways, so I opened one of the #6002s where the box had the most damage. It looks a bit empty in there... Oh yeah, there's no tires.
I would have paid a little more for the tires, just to not have to consider buying them separately.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

I imagine most its annoying not having all the parts to complete the car but that is why they make RTR's.

giggles
Approved Member

Post by giggles »

got mine today. mine also has clear tape cut but seal is intact i wonder if it was reinspected after
packaging then resealed
some of my cars rc10 rc10t RC10T2 rc10t3 rc10gt sc10 4X4 losi xx4 tlr 22, duratrax exb, rs4 super rc10 worlds trf801x and trf801xt td10
nitro rs4 rs4 ev0 mirage v spec venum creeper
desc410v2 pro sc18 rc18 team turingy go cart and sct slash 2wd

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

I just got mine.. all seals intact and no crushed box.. I feel lucky.. feel like a kid again.. want to tear into it but I have to wait a bit.. one car ahead of this one to finish.. looking forward to this.. I even picked up some tires.. now what electronics to use.. and paint.... decisions..

Shawn

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

Got mine from Tower today, all seals intact. Opened it up, looks great! Can't wait to start it...but I'm working on 3 other builds right now including finishing my classic ReRe....I hate trimming the body and painting! Haha!

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

What rear carriers are in the kit? Same as older ones or something new for proper spacing for B44 CVA?

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Old style 10T 0 degree rear hubs...

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

trkneller wrote:Finished out-of-box build.

Wish I had a decent camera.
Need to get some gear to get it ready to run, though. Was thinking Reedy or Novak. Any thoughts? What brushless would be equivalent to say a 12- or 10-turn brushed?
6.5-8.5 i would have thought depending on how soft the 10-12 turn modified brushed motors you had. Probably not much between the two brands I think,Novak bit cheaper lately and as good as ever quality wise. Don't have much experience with modern Reedy stuff.. Stick with what has always been your favorite for use in the worlds

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

JPAE07 wrote:I love it!

Every time I order kits from Tower the boxes are crushed on either side. So irritating!
Oh yeah, and the clear seals on the top of the box are broke too. At least the main seal was intact. Interesting!

I'm too scared to open any of the #6001s I own based on others experiences. A drive to Lake Forest to show all my receipts to have defective parts replaced is not enticing.

Anyways, so I opened one of the #6002s where the box had the most damage. It looks a bit empty in there... Oh yeah, there's no tires.
I would have paid a little more for the tires, just to not have to consider buying them separately.
has been explained, look at every new racing kit. So many tires offered now, and so so many style tracks. and they would only be able to pack one set in there. More people than anything would rather take the savings of the kit being cheaper with out tires, and purchase what they want. than pay extra just to try and sell them at a loss. or throw them in a parts lot deal to sell.

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

bully wrote:
6.5-8.5 i would have thought depending on how soft the 10-12 turn modified brushed motors you had. Probably not much between the two brands I think,Novak bit cheaper lately and as good as ever quality wise. Don't have much experience with modern Reedy stuff.. Stick with what has always been your favorite for use in the worlds
Okay, that was essentially what I was thinking, too. I had a thought, yesterday, and started looking at what the local track had for classes. That should actually simplify the motor question. I also noticed that Novak prices seemed really decent and was leaning that way. Thanks, again.

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Post by Bottom Feeder »

alien3t wrote:has been explained, look at every new racing kit. So many tires offered now, and so so many style tracks. and they would only be able to pack one set in there. More people than anything would rather take the savings of the kit being cheaper with out tires, and purchase what they want. than pay extra just to try and sell them at a loss. or throw them in a parts lot deal to sell.
Exactly. I don't understand the problem with this. Associated wants you to race this thing, and one of the most critical aspects of doing so is picking the right tires for the conditions. Not including a set of tires in the kit just makes things cheaper for everyone. Shock oil weight and springs can be changed cheaply, tires not so much.

Now I haven't looked at my Worlds box too closely, but I assume that Associated has made it crystal clear that tires are not included. But if not...

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Post by Bottom Feeder »

trkneller wrote:Finished out-of-box build.
Looks nice! Contrary to others, I like the silver springs.

I may change up a few things when I eventually build mine, like ditch the white ball cups for black ones and probably swap out the fiberglass battery brace for an old-style nylon strap. That stiff brace, meant for sub-C NiCds, does nothing for a modern hard-case LiPo.

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Hobby shop called…

Mine is ready for pickup, I’m going to grab it after work. My plan is to run it in 17.5 stock buggy until our vintage/retro class takes off. I was on the fence between getting a Worlds car or a B5m, but since my Centro C4.2 has been working so well in the mod class lately I’ll hold off on the B5m till the fall.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

67CamaroSS
Approved Member

Post by 67CamaroSS »

I think I was one of the last orders from Tower last week cause after I bought mine, the status on their site changed to "late April". i got mine yesterday and it was perfect with no issues.

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

I got mine from Tower today, arrived perfect as usual.
Lynn