RC10B5

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: RC10B5

Post by ca-rj »

Mine is almost finished. I have shocks to build and am waiting for my Lunsford tie rods. The build is very easy. The car feels very beefy.

Spares seem hard to come by, but I will stock a set of front and rear arms and some screws (since they are now metric).
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Sorry, work has stalled my cartoy playing.... I have finished the car and have a bunch of updates to go over. Hopefully get that taken care of soon. :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Oh by the way... Best car I have EVER driven! The last car to give me that kind of reaction? The RC10B2. If you don't have a B5 and have doubts... I'm here to tell you, stop with that right now. Car is awesome. It requires some massaging out of the box and I will go over them whenever I get to finishing the updates to the build.

I'm getting a B5M... Haven't gotten it yet, but this car has convinced me that I need to have one. :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Sean, I will be testing the mod we discussed tomorrow. I will be sure to let you know how it works. If it goes as expected I should be able to trim .5 - 1. sec a lap since it should significantly improve the car. The car is already fast and I expect to surpass the track record of 24.5 sec lap which was laid down by a TLR 22. 2.0. Even with the issues I was having before I was knocking on the door of the lap time.

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

I can only afford one new car and don't know if I should go with the rear or mid motor. I am driving on clay that starts damp and dries out throughout race day.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

pumpkinfish wrote:I can only afford one new car and don't know if I should go with the rear or mid motor. I am driving on clay that starts damp and dries out throughout race day.
High traction = Mid

Low traction = Rear

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Got mine this past weekend...I got the Mid because the track up here is high bite...I have also put money down on a rear because we are in the process of moving to Georgia and I want to have both...Don't know what the tracks will be like down there...Thank you for putting the build on the forum...And don't worry about the car being new because I am sure in 6 months the B5.something will come out when they realize that they should have made it 5 mm longer lol....I will keep mine in the box until the move is done and then I will race it...I have sold almost all of my vintage stuff to get back into racing...So I am pretty excited about getting the move over with lol...
Attachments
SAM_1560 (450x338).jpg
SAM_1560 (450x338).jpg (179.64 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
SAM_1560 (450x338).jpg
SAM_1560 (450x338).jpg
SAM_1560 (450x338).jpg
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

rcgerber
Approved Member

Post by rcgerber »

REMJ666 wrote:Got mine this past weekend...I got the Mid because the track up here is high bite...I have also put money down on a rear because we are in the process of moving to Georgia and I want to have both...Don't know what the tracks will be like down there...Thank you for putting the build on the forum...And don't worry about the car being new because I am sure in 6 months the B5.something will come out when they realize that they should have made it 5 mm longer lol....I will keep mine in the box until the move is done and then I will race it...I have sold almost all of my vintage stuff to get back into racing...So I am pretty excited about getting the move over with lol...
Where in Georgia are you moving to? I live outside Atlanta and can give you a little advice on a few of the tracks by me.

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

rcgerber wrote:
REMJ666 wrote:Got mine this past weekend...I got the Mid because the track up here is high bite...I have also put money down on a rear because we are in the process of moving to Georgia and I want to have both...Don't know what the tracks will be like down there...Thank you for putting the build on the forum...And don't worry about the car being new because I am sure in 6 months the B5.something will come out when they realize that they should have made it 5 mm longer lol....I will keep mine in the box until the move is done and then I will race it...I have sold almost all of my vintage stuff to get back into racing...So I am pretty excited about getting the move over with lol...
Where in Georgia are you moving to? I live outside Atlanta and can give you a little advice on a few of the tracks by me.
Dallas Georgia...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

rcgerber
Approved Member

Post by rcgerber »

There are 2 tracks under 30 mins from Dallas. One is Hotshots, an indoor GA clay track in Marietta just east of Dallas. Traction gets high enough there to run mid-motor; they also have on-road there. The other is Sweet Water Raceway, an outdoor old school surface in a guys backyard (but is really nice) in Powder Springs just south of Dallas. This is a rear motor track where tires like step-pins or square armor work well. There are another 3 around 1-2 hrs away all larger outdoor tracks that lean towards 1/8 scale but they try to make the tracks 1/10th friendly. They are in Dalton (north of Atlanta), Loganville (east of Atlanta), and Henry Co (south of Atlanta). Check out rctechs georgia forum for races and discussion.http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I'm built the mid and ran into two small problems. Was missing a CVD coupler and the driveshaft wouldn't go into one of the outdrives. Ended up using a center out of a RC10 CVD. Then used a driveshaft out of a B4.2. Other than that, the thing looks like a tank.

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

rcgerber wrote:There are 2 tracks under 30 mins from Dallas. One is Hotshots, an indoor GA clay track in Marietta just east of Dallas. Traction gets high enough there to run mid-motor; they also have on-road there. The other is Sweet Water Raceway, an outdoor old school surface in a guys backyard (but is really nice) in Powder Springs just south of Dallas. This is a rear motor track where tires like step-pins or square armor work well. There are another 3 around 1-2 hrs away all larger outdoor tracks that lean towards 1/8 scale but they try to make the tracks 1/10th friendly. They are in Dalton (north of Atlanta), Loganville (east of Atlanta), and Henry Co (south of Atlanta). Check out rctechs georgia forum for races and discussion.http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/
I knew there was a lot of tracks down there lol...Thanks for the heads up...Marietta is right next door...

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Johnboy72 wrote:I'm built the mid and ran into two small problems. Was missing a CVD coupler and the driveshaft wouldn't go into one of the outdrives. Ended up using a center out of a RC10 CVD. Then used a driveshaft out of a B4.2. Other than that, the thing looks like a tank.
Did you contact Associate ??? They should have to supply you with any missing parts...

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Those ball studs look big enough that they just might work on my Slash...Is it painted yet ??? I have seen reports and have talked to a couple of local racers around here and they tell me that the B4.2 that they have is faster ??? Do you feel the same ???

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Joined the game...long time Losi guy too.

Jeepz/Orange, post up your thoughts/changes when you get time. I am a LONG time stock racer, planning on entering the mod class with style (and way too much motor)...7.5 bolted up and ready to destroy stuff.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com