#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by Charlie don't surf »

badhoopty wrote:
stickboy007 wrote:Could be. I just find that every time I check a rere thread, somebody is complaining. Could be the same person or a small group...
i would think its a little safe to assume the longer you have been here, the more your feelings are mixed on the re-re thing.

i dont look at my collection as an investment of money, but as an investment of time. i guarantee you searching for months or years for that one, special little part to complete a vintage build will be much more rewarding than just adding the stuff to your online hobby shop cart.
And whether it might sound snobbish, that has always bound like-minded people together here right there.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Hey anyone take a close look at the new cvd's for the worlds car re-re? the 'cup' and 'ball' ends are swapped, making them just like the newer cars. just thought it was interesting. Suppose it is a cost savings so they could re-use the axles.

and the turbo mirage is available again!(did I mention that before?)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
badhoopty wrote:
stickboy007 wrote:Could be. I just find that every time I check a rere thread, somebody is complaining. Could be the same person or a small group...
i would think its a little safe to assume the longer you have been here, the more your feelings are mixed on the re-re thing.

i dont look at my collection as an investment of money, but as an investment of time. i guarantee you searching for months or years for that one, special little part to complete a vintage build will be much more rewarding than just adding the stuff to your online hobby shop cart.
And whether it might sound snobbish, that has always bound like-minded people together here right there.
i constantly go back and forth on being happy or sad about it all… and im a bit of a hypocrate since i got 2 6gear kits and have the worlds on pre-order. totally happy to see those kits btw. way more happy that parts like outdrives and steering bellcranks wont be a battle on ebay anymore.

i just dont want to see everything re-re'd. i want some things to remain in the past and hard to attain. and for me its not the monetary value of the collection, its the time spent that holds value to me.

if everything that is hard to find or way way expensive becomes cheap and available to everybody, it just takes some sauce out of it and feels like cheating.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i tried 4-5 times to reply to the "sucks to be you" comment in a nice way, but i seem unable to do it. who would've thought? :lol:

so i'll just say, at least "those type of guys" have helped to make this site what it is over the last 8 years to give people a place to trash them. those same guys probably helped to play a role in what became the AE re-releases too.... whether or not anyone would actually come out and say it.

VintageFanatic
Approved Member

Post by VintageFanatic »

Can't wait to get my rere's in April! I've always been afraid of running my vintage kit too hard and either breaking a part I can't replace easily or scratching it up, so now I'll have something to run and race!! It's like going back in a time machine when we cut those seals years and years ago - where's the harm in that?
Ryan

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

In stickboy's defense, he had some good points. I think there was just a bit of a misunderstanding, and he got a too confrontational.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

slotcarrod wrote: I have only see one person seem a little upset, and that is nothing really! :|
My fingerprints are all over that one :twisted:

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

scr8p wrote:i tried 4-5 times to reply to the "sucks to be you" comment in a nice way, but i seem unable to do it. who would've thought? :lol:

so i'll just say, at least "those type of guys" have helped to make this site what it is over the last 8 years to give people a place to trash them. those same guys probably helped to play a role in what became the AE re-releases too.... whether or not anyone would actually come out and say it.

I think we're talking about two different things here. Do you mean to imply by your statement that every person who helped build this site has the view that vintage is only for those willing to suffer through its hardships and want to preserve that for some sadistic reason? I'm really not sure what you're getting at when you claim I'm trying to trash those who built the site. My point has nothing to do with that. It is admittedly targeted toward a minority within the vintage crowd (hopefully a minority...), but nonetheless is one I think is important to make.

Let me put it another way...

In my view, the absolute worst part about vintage is having to hunt stuff down, and most people seem to agree with this. It takes way too much time and costs way too much money, and acquiring really rare parts or chassis amounts to a rat race between those with the biggest wallet and/or the best connections and/or perfect timing (if you have no job and no life, you can spend all day, every day, trolling eBay, Craigslist, and forums for stuff, while others are oblivious to what great stuff just got sold when they weren't looking). That ends up encouraging hoarding, because you don't know how many of a particular part you'll need in the long run and whether you'll find more in the future if you need them. Suffice it to say that this does not align with what is actually needed to grow the vintage scene,and I would much rather spend that time actually building or working on a complete vintage car with full parts support. The "oooh and aaah" factor of a particular vintage chassis only rarely comes from its rarity. It quite simply comes from the fact that that particular chassis is damn cool. So I really don't understand why anyone would have a problem with rere kits. Occasionally, I see comments on here to that effect. "Oh, it'll flood the market. My original parts will be worthless." Blah blah blah. It's plastic, graphite, and metal. If the value of original parts or the process of hunting down parts when you could be...oh I don't know...spending time with your wife, is so important to you that re-re kits are so offensive, then like I said before, it sucks to be you. Thankfully, there are not many people who feel that way.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

I have a life, a wife, and a thrive on hunting parts, its one of my passions in this hobby!, I love the fact it takes me 1-2 years to find the part...."to the victor go the spoils".

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

jwscab wrote:Hey anyone take a close look at the new cvd's for the worlds car re-re? the 'cup' and 'ball' ends are swapped, making them just like the newer cars. just thought it was interesting. Suppose it is a cost savings so they could re-use the axles.

and the turbo mirage is available again!(did I mention that before?)
That could be the TT B3 replica CVD's
They are reversed
Morten Max

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Thanks Tim. Look forward to any info we can add to setup sheets. I had planned on running an original on a local off road track but now will have the WC option. The guys still can't believe what I've been doing on the dirt oval with the RC10 graphite...like Jack Nicolas as Joker said...."wait till they get a load of me!"

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Johnboy,
I hope you still run that original. These were meant to run. It might be rarer than most but it just makes it more that special when you wipe the locals with an oldie but goodie 8) .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I like turtles.

redxz

Post by redxz »

I built my first RC car (RC10 graphite) when I was 13 years old. I loved that car, and it was a major part of my childhood. For decades I wish I had never sold it. I have contemplated piecing one together for years, but thought I would never run it for fear of not being able to fix it. I was, so excited when the Classic was re released, but unfortunately it just wasn't the car I built, as a kid. I was floored when I caught wind of the Worlds re release, and can't wait to relive some childhood memories with my 13 year old son. Better yet I won't have to put up with leaky shocks. It will handle my brushless motors, and Lipo packs allowing me to run it for 10+ minutes instead of 4+ minutes.
Also excited that there will be parts support, so I can run it without fear.

I say well done AE for re-reing, and making my childhood dreams come true all over again:)

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings about the hobby they love. Just realize that although some might follow your opinions, others will not. As you are entitled to yours, they are entitled to theirs. Dissenting on someone's opinion is purely a waste of time.

Hate to show those at associated giving us their time and trying to put forth a positive effort... All the squabbling and pointless snubs.

Lets all please just get back on topic with #6002.