#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

joeman37
Approved Member

Re: #6002

Post by joeman37 »

janaya wrote:For some that are curious about using a coupon code multiple times, it let me do it. I ordered a B5 kit early last week and ordered the worlds kit yesterday using the same discount code. Also I didnt find anywhere where it says you can only use it once like you do with Amain. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I've used the same coupon multiple times as well. Last summer I bought two Traxxas MJ trucks one for my son for his birthday and one for me to run with him. They had some special at the time and I placed two different orders using the same code.

-Joe

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Ordered mine! Wasn't going to miss the chance to get a Worlds car - even if it is a mk2 Worlds. So stoked! Wife definitely will not be though :mrgreen: :lol:
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Wow, you travel for business for the week and you miss breaking news!! Going to pre order right now.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Rod, any coming to the shop? I would be in for one or two. Let me know if you could.

Looks good from what I have read.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Diamond Dave wrote:Rod, any coming to the shop? I would be in for one or two. Let me know if you could.

Looks good from what I have read.
Yeah, I'd be in for one two Rod, lol

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

So to continue to beat a dead horse, if M.I.P. is not going to rerelease the 410 legend why not get Associated to do it. They seem more than willing to give us RC10 fans what we want and I'm sure they have equipment at there disposal to make this happen. And if not them how about jconcepts? Jason Ruona seems more than happy to make all kinds of cool aluminum goodies for these cars and he's obviously a big fan. It might be asking to much but this is coming from a guy that really wants on of these cars!

Wandy
Approved Member

Post by Wandy »

Are those front tyres the same as the originals? Clearly, the rears are different...so is this because the originals are not very good by today's standards and they want this new take on the Worlds to be more competitive? Or are the old moulds simply no longer available?

cyberded
Approved Member

Post by cyberded »

I think the world car rereleased was built for cost and reliability over cloning the original ... these tire look like they are the same tire (and wheel for that mather...) that were spec on the B4.1 and B4.1wc . we know that it wont be a limited edition like the classic was . Associated , im sure , would like it if these thing takeoff and get to be races across the planet... :mrgreen: I for one is on the bandwagon anyway ... he a guy can dream ... :oops:

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Wasn't as diligent with monitoring this thread vs the original long thread for the re-re, plus I was out of RC by the time the worlds car came out (I was a junior in highschool and more interested in driving full scale cars). But, I couldn't pass this up and pre-ordered one anyway just now from Tower.

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

cyberded wrote:I think the world car rereleased was built for cost and reliability over cloning the original ... these tire look like they are the same tire (and wheel for that mather...) that were spec on the B4.1 and B4.1wc . we know that it wont be a limited edition like the classic was . Associated , im sure , would like it if these thing takeoff and get to be races across the planet... :mrgreen: I for one is on the bandwagon anyway ... he a guy can dream ... :oops:
I just hope there is never a RTR version...that would make me very sad...but if it did take off I could see a club or vintage "spec" RTR being a big possibility.

-Joe

oldschoolrcer

Post by oldschoolrcer »

janaya wrote:For some that are curious about using a coupon code multiple times, it let me do it. I ordered a B5 kit early last week and ordered the worlds kit yesterday using the same discount code. Also I didnt find anywhere where it says you can only use it once like you do with Amain. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I use the coupon codes back to back within minutes of each other all the time. Never had a problem. They are good as many times as you want to use them till they expire.

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

For those of you wondering who Tim is that posted that informative post on page 22. He works at Associated if I'm not mistaken, and his last name is Tunnermin (not sure on the spelling). I see him along with others of the Associated crew at my local track OC/RC where the Reedy Race is being held. When I last raced there a week ago yesterday he was there racing what looked like a Team car (now that I think about it could have been worlds car) in the mod class. It worked extremely well considering the layout was more supercross style and I think it would do better on the current Reedy Race layout. The car kept up with the rest of the field just fine and he finished in the middle of the pack. I have not seen him race the car before so I'd say with a little more time on setup and behind the wheel you could be very competitive with it. I spoke to him for a bit after and he was running a stealth but said he has ran 6 gear as well and the lap time were very close.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

janaya wrote:For those of you wondering who Tim is that posted that informative post on page 22. He works at Associated if I'm not mistaken, and his last name is Tunnermin (not sure on the spelling). I see him along with others of the Associated crew at my local track OC/RC where the Reedy Race is being held. When I last raced there a week ago yesterday he was there racing what looked like a Team car (now that I think about it could have been worlds car) in the mod class. It worked extremely well considering the layout was more supercross style and I think it would do better on the current Reedy Race layout. The car kept up with the rest of the field just fine and he finished in the middle of the pack. I have not seen him race the car before so I'd say with a little more time on setup and behind the wheel you could be very competitive with it. I spoke to him for a bit after and he was running a stealth but said he has ran 6 gear as well and the lap time were very close.
Thanks for pointing that out since I haven't been reading every page of this thread. I went back and read his post which was very informative. It's also nice to read how much the Associated guys respect this website and community, and obviously have paid a lot of attention to the pioneering efforts of some of the older members and moderators here that pioneered the old is new builds. Really, really cool in my opinion to have a product and engineering team at a respected company take notice of the enthusiast community and their modifications and custom builds and then to use that information to fine tune their products releases.

The power of social media I guess!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

until i get rock solid confirmation that its not limited i think ill keep my multiple order...

cyberded
Approved Member

Post by cyberded »

badhoopty wrote:until i get rock solid confirmation that its not limited i think ill keep my multiple order...

Kudos to that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 2 myself if I must say.... :D