Hello all!!!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bong024
Approved Member

Hello all!!!

Post by Bong024 »

I have been away from R/C's for a long long time. My 7 year old daughter was helping me sort through my storage unit,(grew up on Long Island, now live in Florida, I really really miss my basement) and while I was searching for my wife's Halloween decorations, she opened an old crate of mine and yelled "Daddy, who's cars are these!!". I sat down with her and explained what they were. I probably haven't seen, or thought of them for 20 years. I had thought they were long gone through all our moves. I collected broken or unused cars and anything I could get my hands on from friends or kids at school for trades when they became bored with them. One by one we pulled the cars out and it amazed me how I could remember the names of the cars like it was yesterday. My Tamiya Hornet was on top, next was the Blackfoot, and underneath a mound of parts and chargers and radios was the best looking car (so I thought then and still to this day). It was my RC10!!! Not in the best of shape, but straight and all original parts are there and still usable.
So here I am again, as hooked as I ever was, scouring old lhs, they are not what I remember from the 80'S (if anyone knows of a good shop here in fl let me know) and ebay looking for period correct parts and hopups that I remember drooling over as a kid. And I bought a basket case 92 rc10 ce for my daughter. We are doing a full teardown, reprinted the manual and she is building the car back up, the way this hobby is meant to be enjoyed. I really enjoy your site and have already learned, and relearned :) a lot from your posts. We will post pics and share experiences, and I'm sure ask questions along the way while we bring these Goldie's back to their former glory. I just hope my wife isn't keeping track of how much my daughter has spent so far!!! :)
I'm not like them, but I can pretend...

slow_jun
Approved Member

Re: Hello all!!!

Post by slow_jun »

Welcome Sir, good thing that AE released the RC10 Classic, our RC10s can now be enjoyed and run as hell...
:lol: :lol:
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

:lol: 8) welcome back to the crazy time zone!!!!! don

Blacktiger355
Approved Member

Post by Blacktiger355 »

Welcome to you and your daughter!

SONYtec

Post by SONYtec »

Welcome!!!

Sounds like she's going to have fun!!!

I just opened up the RC10 Classic box to check everything out. Wish I had my original.

Bong024
Approved Member

Post by Bong024 »

Thanks all! Well we might be in deeper. We just picked up a pretty clean rc10t. Not sure which way to go with it yet. I just love these old AE cars!!
I'm not like them, but I can pretend...

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

Welcome! 8)
Something clever goes here...

SONYtec

Post by SONYtec »

Welcome!!!