Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by GoMachV »

marlo wrote:SO, does that mean we will see $600.00 RE-RE kits on E-Bay now :mrgreen:
Where have you been? Hahaha
My favorite part is the breakers selling parts for more than retail

I just got a conformation of 8 shipping to my LHS so it looks like I may get 1-2 more
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

If they really are discontinued then the price is going to go up on them. Unless team associated lost money on the deal, I can't imagine why they wouldn't do a second run of 1000.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

gomachv wrote:
marlo wrote:SO, does that mean we will see $600.00 RE-RE kits on E-Bay now :mrgreen:

I just got a conformation of 8 shipping to my LHS so it looks like I may get 1-2 more
Yeah, if I "happen" to run into another one, I think I'll by have to get it.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... AE could make another 5000 and they would be gone in a month. Every RC forum im on people are buying these thing like crazy. One guy bought 15 of them. 5 for himself, shelf queens and runners and the other 10 to try to sell for big money in 20 years.
102 RC vehicles and counting...

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-RC10-GOLD-PAN-RE-ISSUED-2013-LTD-R-C-KIT-FACTORY-SEALED-/310762846255?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item485ae8b82f

:lol:

I gotta laught at the one who's current bid is $280 and there is a BIN one at $295

there was a $1k up but the listing ended

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

Yes.. there are some climbing now.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

And 20 watchers.......but not to buy, but to see what it'll go for :wink:

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

I think it will be pretty sad if AE doesn't release a second batch. But there were no special markings on these saying limited to x# so I don't know how a second batch would be discernible from the first. I don't see why they would stop selling if there is still demand in the market. It does not make any business sense whatsoever. I am shaking my head in disbelief. Tower had some in stock ready to order last night and I debated buying a second one at the time but decided not to. Now I wonder if I should have...I am hoping for a Worlds car release as well. Maybe that will be an unlimited run and the gold pan was just to reward loyal fans and the World's car for people to buy and run? I also don't see why if they were going to be this limited AE wouldn't take the time to number the boxes or even the chassis as x of X or something cool like that and then a second batch could have just been a wide release...

-Joe

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Modelsport in the UK are still showing 'Good Stock', but I did just clear DMS Racing of their final kits! :wink:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

gomachv wrote:

Tammies? Hmm... I wonder if I could convince my wife to let Xmas come a bit early... I wasn't gonna, but... actually coming home from the shop with a kit, that's way cooler than waiting at the window for the UPS guy... Do you know if they are the only ones around here getting them in stock?

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... AE could make another 5000 and they would be gone in a month. Every RC forum im on people are buying these thing like crazy. One guy bought 15 of them. 5 for himself, shelf queens and runners and the other 10 to try to sell for big money in 20 years.
That's way over the top but the frenzy is not surprising. People really get out of control. I bought one, only one and won't be purchasing another.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

DMAT wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-RC10-GOLD-PAN-RE-ISSUED-2013-LTD-R-C-KIT-FACTORY-SEALED-/310762846255?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item485ae8b82f

:lol:

I gotta laught at the one who's current bid is $280 and there is a BIN one at $295

there was a $1k up but the listing ended
What an outrageous rip off...hence the name "greedbay". Amazing.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

joeman37 wrote:I think it will be pretty sad if AE doesn't release a second batch. But there were no special markings on these saying limited to x# so I don't know how a second batch would be discernible from the first. I don't see why they would stop selling if there is still demand in the market. It does not make any business sense whatsoever. I am shaking my head in disbelief. Tower had some in stock ready to order last night and I debated buying a second one at the time but decided not to. Now I wonder if I should have...I am hoping for a Worlds car release as well. Maybe that will be an unlimited run and the gold pan was just to reward loyal fans and the World's car for people to buy and run? I also don't see why if they were going to be this limited AE wouldn't take the time to number the boxes or even the chassis as x of X or something cool like that and then a second batch could have just been a wide release...

-Joe
Who knows if they'll make another batch but I can tell you that out of all the various versions of the RC10 (gold pan, CE, graphite, etc), I can see why a re-re gold pan would be the only one that most enthusiasts would want since it's a copy of the car that started it all 3 plus decades ago. Not sure if that's actually true but I know I feel that way. Therefore, I'm also not sure later re-re versions would sell as well for that reason either.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I'm just amazed at the naivite of some people in this thread. All of the folks swearing that it just made no sense to make this such a limited edition, so therefore if that's what they spew on an internet message board, then it must make it so, what reality are you living in? But now SHOCK and DISBELIEF that the run may be over? Really? Are you thinking rationally? As the saying goes, you snooze you lose.

Lamborghini has some new special carbon fiber supercar, can't remember what it is called, but they made 4 I think. In the world. For a few million dollars a piece. That market for car collectors that can afford that car is probably in the hundreds. Dammit why didn't Lamborghini make more, what a stupid business decision! :roll: (heavy sarcasm)

Now with that said, the numbskulls on fleecebay parting out kits when associated is producing a nice supply of parts, and better yet, are pricing the items they part out above the prices for new in package parts from associated is just.... We need a facepalm smilie. I sincerely hope they turn out upside down on those parts and the kits they just needlessly tore into. :evil:

I think the message on tower's website is the first warning to those that sat on the sidelines in this thread. Use this time to find an alternate source, and quick. If you are still bitching in this thread a few weeks from now that you still think it is unfair that Associated did a limited run on these, well, them scr8p will need to create a re-re gripes subforum for you to post in.

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

I got one but wish I would have gotten 2. I hope that white CE front arms and CE 3 piece front and rear wheels will be released, then I'll be in heaven!
R/Cat wrote:
joeman37 wrote:I think it will be pretty sad if AE doesn't release a second batch. But there were no special markings on these saying limited to x# so I don't know how a second batch would be discernible from the first. I don't see why they would stop selling if there is still demand in the market. It does not make any business sense whatsoever. I am shaking my head in disbelief. Tower had some in stock ready to order last night and I debated buying a second one at the time but decided not to. Now I wonder if I should have...I am hoping for a Worlds car release as well. Maybe that will be an unlimited run and the gold pan was just to reward loyal fans and the World's car for people to buy and run? I also don't see why if they were going to be this limited AE wouldn't take the time to number the boxes or even the chassis as x of X or something cool like that and then a second batch could have just been a wide release...

-Joe
Who knows if they'll make another batch but I can tell you that out of all the various versions of the RC10 (gold pan, CE, graphite, etc), I can see why a re-re gold pan would be the only one that most enthusiasts would want since it's a copy of the car that started it all 3 plus decades ago. Not sure if that's actually true but I know I feel that way. Therefore, I'm also not sure later re-re versions would sell as well for that reason either.