Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by SnoopMaxx »

scr8p wrote:why would you want a re-release of a short arm 6 gear car with a stealth ready trans brace? it's bad enough the chassis is already like that because guys out there can't handle using a frigging drill. but at least those holes are on the bottom.

and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, being as though it's been 20+ years since I opened one, but I do believe in the original stealth trans kits (trans only) they came with a stealth brace. maybe the new one will too. if not, oh well......
I know the early stealth tranny had the chassis drill plate and tranny brace included
Morten Max

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

no clue about the quality of the kit myself. I just happened to be looking for a new stealth brace that was white and didnt know if the part in the kit was the same as the parts online.

didnt know that about the original stealth scr8p. also, as of this past weekend, im fully modifying parts to the best of my ability. I need to pick up a countersink bit so I can make sure the holes for my graphite car come out right.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

kink wrote:Of course it is very easy to drill a chassis and make it look like a hacked DIY bodge. But you will never get perfectly countersunk holes using a hand drill and regular drill bits. Not a chance. If you are OCD then it will have to be done properly or not at all. Btw, I've built an 1/8th buggy out of alloy from scratch using hand tools and an old fashioned milling machine while at school (a life time ago). These days I want things to be perfect, not just fine or ok.

HI!... I repair "way" covers at work and i drill and counter sink holes all day. Very easy to do my hand. Do it all the time. U just have to have quality tools. Dont exspect to get machine quality with a home depot countersink bit. I use carbide countersink bits that are $ but thats due to i drill a lot of stainless steel. It can be done u just have to take your time.
102 RC vehicles and counting...

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

With your professional level of experience and top notch tools I suspect you may well do a fantastic job. But for most of us, our level of finish will not be comparable by hand.
GARBO 1/8

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

kink wrote:With your professional level of experience and top notch tools I suspect you may well do a fantastic job. But for most of us, our level of finish will not be comparable by hand.
The other day You were ready to take on building a rc10 cage in carbon rods or titanium - to day You can´t drill a hole :wink:
Gone fishing

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

With all this talk about imperfections and countersinking I have to ask 1 question. I'm not very knowledgeable when it come to countersink bits. What would be the right size bit to use to be able to countersink the whole chassis? Any 100 degree countersink or would it be 2 different ones?
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

100 degree for the #8 holes and 82 degree for the #4 holes

I use Carbide 6 flute, 3/8 diameter (which is much larger than needed)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

gomachv wrote:100 degree for the #8 holes and 82 degree for the #4 holes

I use Carbide 6 flute, 3/8 diameter (which is much larger than needed)
Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

shodog wrote:I can't believe all the complaining surrounding this kit. It sounds like a bunch of damn 12 year old kids. Even back in '84 the kit needed substantial work to make it right. I recall building mine and being disappointed in its performance. It wasn't until I busted it back apart and reamed all the suspension pivot holes and added bearings then it started to perform like it was designed to. If the holes aren't fully countersinked then run. 100 degree countersink in them. Consider it a gift that Associated even rere'd the buggy.

My sentiments exactly. If you want perfection: buy a Durango! :wink:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I am pretty sure the transmission brace could be drilled to fit the stealth in a similar fashion to the early stealth braces.

Or, as you are likely going for performance adding the stealth, the nylon hit piece would have been tossed anyways and something more robust used :)

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

DennisM wrote:
kink wrote:With your professional level of experience and top notch tools I suspect you may well do a fantastic job. But for most of us, our level of finish will not be comparable by hand.
The other day You were ready to take on building a rc10 cage in carbon rods or titanium - to day You can´t drill a hole :wink:
So true..... kink why are you still trolling in this thread if you have no interest whatsoever in purchasing a re-re RC10?

I also read the wild claims about the carbon or titanium rods he's going to develop. :|

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Jedi Master wrote: My sentiments exactly. If you want perfection: buy a Durango! :wink:
Come on, the quality of a Durango is supposed to be rubbish, what with it being made in 'China.' :lol: :wink:

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

terry.sc wrote:
Jedi Master wrote: My sentiments exactly. If you want perfection: buy a Durango! :wink:
Come on, the quality of a Durango is supposed to be rubbish, what with it being made in 'China.' :lol: :wink:
Lol!
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

flipwils11 wrote:
DennisM wrote:
So true..... kink why are you still trolling in this thread if you have no interest whatsoever in purchasing a re-re RC10?

I also read the wild claims about the carbon or titanium rods he's going to develop. :|
Sounds less ambitious than one of my friends trying to figure out a 4wd system than someone how run under the car. He was drunk is all I can say.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

any news on what to back camel yellow with to achieve the boxart orange?