Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by flipwils11 »

Wow that Optima looks great.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I'm thinking I'll do the worlds steering bellcranks so I'll need bearings for those. I also prefer the sealed bearings so these boca green versions seem best suited for me.

Can someone confirm, do these look right, Champion Edition w/ steering bearings? I will have to add the 3/8 x 5x8 outdrive bearings to the order.

6sectors

Post by 6sectors »

RC10 newbie so apologies if this is a silly question. Am I correct in that TA are also selling a black coloured re issue chassis tub and if so, are they also making all the plastic parts in black as well to match? Or, is it possible to dye the said parts?

Incidentally, Camel Yellow seems a pretty much perfect match to me although I'm still not sure if I like it

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

TA = AE?

as for the white parts , It can be dye'd black, no news yet for black parts but maybe on future release.
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

6sectors wrote:RC10 newbie so apologies if this is a silly question. Am I correct in that TA are also selling a black coloured re issue chassis tub and if so, are they also making all the plastic parts in black as well to match? Or, is it possible to dye the said parts?

Incidentally, Camel Yellow seems a pretty much perfect match to me although I'm still not sure if I like it
They have the front plate, chassis and motorplate in black,
The parts can either be dyed or you can get the original worlds arms and a lot of the other parts in black.
As well as the RPM arms in black
Morten Max

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Mine finally arrived yesterday! Let my son open the box - oooh that was really cool. Looked at it very quickly but the parts seem to be anodized well and the holes were countersunk properly too. We will be building it slowly together over the weekend and next few days. When I told him it would be a shelf queen he was a little disappointed, lol. I said we have lots of cars to drive already and he said yeah, but its not the same as when you build it from new out of a box! So true - I may have to find something newer for us to build and drive.
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Today is definitely a "HAPPY SATURDAY!", thank you Tower Hobbies!

:mrgreen:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Jedi Master wrote:Today is definitely a "HAPPY SATURDAY!", thank you Tower Hobbies!

How did you get three out of Tower?

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

flipwils11 wrote:
Jedi Master wrote:Today is definitely a "HAPPY SATURDAY!", thank you Tower Hobbies!

How did you get three out of Tower?
I expected very early on that they may limit the sales to each customer, so I placed my orders under separate names using separate billing accounts. In hindsight it was a pointless exercise as there is plenty of availability here in the UK and on Fleabay! :wink:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

now the new word on ebay for selling the rc10 rere parts is.............NEW VINTAGE lol geez

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

My 2nd one arrived last night. Its in the shop with the first one that is close to complete on assembly.

Right before heading in last night I hung the front shocks which only have 1 mounting hole in the shock tower unlike the original 2. It appears that the shock tower will have to be drilled with the 2nd set of holes of the original as the spring cup binds on the A arm and restricts travel. Have enough of these been built that anyone else has noticed this yet?

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

hugger19 wrote:now the new word on ebay for selling the rc10 rere parts is.............NEW VINTAGE lol geez

Looks like Da Waffle got a kit and is currently parting it out...he's charging more than you can buy NIP re-re parts for. :roll:

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

TheSpeedway wrote:My 2nd one arrived last night. Its in the shop with the first one that is close to complete on assembly.

Right before heading in last night I hung the front shocks which only have 1 mounting hole in the shock tower unlike the original 2. It appears that the shock tower will have to be drilled with the 2nd set of holes of the original as the spring cup binds on the A arm and restricts travel. Have enough of these been built that anyone else has noticed this yet?

Is the shock-end pivot ball placed in the arm backwards? They are directional, and if install backwards would cause more binding.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

Patiofurnituregt wrote:
TheSpeedway wrote:My 2nd one arrived last night. Its in the shop with the first one that is close to complete on assembly.

Is the shock-end pivot ball placed in the arm backwards? They are directional, and if install backwards would cause more binding.

I agree. I did this by mistake and it did, in fact, bind before full travel. I then checked the direction on one of my original RC10s and turned that ball around. It now works as expected.

I'm not a big fan of the new instruction manual. I like the old one that actually had text. The new one seems to be going towards the "Idiocracy" society. :wink:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

my only complaint is the manual... it is more universal but there was some soul in the writing and images. stuff like mentioning a sandwich...