Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bxlt
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by bxlt »

scr8p wrote:someone needs a hug. :wink: :lol:
I'm just getting angry and bitter in my old age! :lol:

Its frustrating that we are the ones who are buying the bulk of these and we aren't the first to get them. I think its very disrespectful of AE to allow this happen. And I don't even care that they are made in China, they can hold up distribution until they reach the US customers first. Heck I would just like to know when I might actually see the damn thing right now I just have an ever moving target from tower of their expected ship date. Do we all remember back two months ago when we were first supposed to get them?

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Posted on Tower's Facebook page
Our first shipment of Team Associated RC10 Classics will be here soon. If you haven't got in line yet to pre-order yours, you better do it now! This a limited run and once they're gone, they won't be back. We're allowing a maximum of 2 per person. Don't forget to add coupon code 010PV and knock off an extra 25 bucks! A selection of parts for the RC10 Classic will also be available:
Looks like they are still available to order.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

rcpitwork anything different in the trans vs old 6gear? (if anyone else knows please respond) looks like same trans with 48pitch spur.. i bet we will be seeing alot of upset people when they kill that trans with a brushless lipo setup ..

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

bxlt wrote:
scr8p wrote:someone needs a hug. :wink: :lol:
I'm just getting angry and bitter in my old age! :lol:

Its frustrating that we are the ones who are buying the bulk of these and we aren't the first to get them. I think its very disrespectful of AE to allow this happen. And I don't even care that they are made in China, they can hold up distribution until they reach the US customers first. Heck I would just like to know when I might actually see the damn thing right now I just have an ever moving target from tower of their expected ship date. Do we all remember back two months ago when we were first supposed to get them?

Is this the most important thing in your life right now? I can't get over the frenzy that this has created on this forum. Yes I like AE releasing parts that keep these cars running but please dont create another price whore market due to limited re-release. No I haven't ordered one and probabably won"t. Yes it is the greatest RC car ever produced and will always will be. That will never change. I'm fixing to shelve my B4.2 and go at them with an RC10. Just because I can and some re-released parts are available now. It's not gonna change the "vintage shelfer" market so what's the big deal.

Just the way I look at it. No hard feelings intended.

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Johnboy72 wrote:Sweet, they are getting out there. Congrats to our Hong Kong member for scoring his. Y'all just reminded me to get back on Tower and update the info since the wifey moved back up to NY. Looks like I have about 10-14 days left and I'll be home. Hopefully come home to a nice shiny box waiting for me. But one question....stated he got his RC10 on the 28th and no build threads or pics? :lol:
They also have landed here in Singapore, a bit high but almost the same if you add in the shipping cost from US to SG.
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

rcpitwork

Post by rcpitwork »

longboardnj wrote:rcpitwork anything different in the trans vs old 6gear? (if anyone else knows please respond) looks like same trans with 48pitch spur.. i bet we will be seeing alot of upset people when they kill that trans with a brushless lipo setup ..
hi,
about the 6gear trans,its the same as old one.....
if set up for brushless system. i think Stealth are the best choice.

another is the re-release kit are come with the non stamped B tub.already have the hole for Stealth trans.

Last is that is my self opinion.
when u get the kit and build up,after that and compare withe the old RC 10. u will be a little bit disappoint .
cause some parts are too soft.
like the steering block.......
the shocks quality........
and the 6gear trans run smoothless on my kit.... :oops:

SO I LOVE ALL MY OLD RC 10.....

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

bxlt wrote: we are the ones who are buying the bulk of these
well... can you prove it? :wink:

:?:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

ca-rj wrote:Posted on Tower's Facebook page
Our first shipment of Team Associated RC10 Classics will be here soon. If you haven't got in line yet to pre-order yours, you better do it now! This a limited run and once they're gone, they won't be back. We're allowing a maximum of 2 per person. Don't forget to add coupon code 010PV and knock off an extra 25 bucks! A selection of parts for the RC10 Classic will also be available:
Looks like they are still available to order.
So in the end it's limited to 2 per customer... but the limit applies to any customer who's willing to buy.

Bye Bye, 2000 kits limit :roll:

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

If you buy stuff made in China you have to be prepared to wait weeks for the slow boat. That is life.
GARBO 1/8

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

kink wrote:If you buy stuff made in China you have to be prepared to wait weeks for the slow boat. That is life.
kink wrote:I bought some good things from both sellers. Sometimes their prices are daft and other times they can be ok. People offer a service for a profit. Get over it.
kink wrote:. If I cannot see the contents I just would not trust people these days. Too many scammers sadly. Also I would far rather have a car than a card box on display, but that is just me.
kink wrote:Agreed. I could not own any of those fuggies.
kink wrote:Looks way too smooth and huge to me. What is wrong with a bit of loose surface here and there? You know, real dirt, stones, grass, natural variation. Way too clinical IMHO.

kink has developed quite a fatalistic sensitivity lately... :roll:

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

longboardnj wrote: i bet we will be seeing alot of upset people when they kill that trans with a brushless lipo setup ..
So don't put a bushless set up in it.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

My 2 kits have arrived here in Belgium too... I'm very surprised that no one even in the US was able yet to make a buld thread about the re-re :shock:

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

TheSpeedway wrote:
longboardnj wrote: i bet we will be seeing alot of upset people when they kill that trans with a brushless lipo setup ..
So don't put a bushless set up in it.
I still don't understand this idea that anything brushless is a crazy tranny destroying monster. Sure they can and are very powerful, but any decent esc these days can be adjusted to the point that the car hardly moves. I have a Castle 4600kv in my daughters T4 and it tops out at about 5mph. Even in my stuff I have the initial torque turned way down for best control. If the reason for brushed is nostalgia I totally see it, but for a driver the lack of maintenance and run time brushless is the way to go.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Cliff Lett said they tested it with an 8.5T brushless system without issues. The guys racing at the Worlds were using 7.5T motors, so in my opinion, the tranny will hold up just fine. I'm sure someone will put a 9000kv motor in theirs to try and run 70 mph like a Traxxas and blow it to bits, but there will always be people like that (who keep the hobby shops in business).
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

ca-rj wrote:Cliff Lett said they tested it with an 8.5T brushless system without issues. The guys racing at the Worlds were using 7.5T motors, so in my opinion, the tranny will hold up just fine. I'm sure someone will put a 9000kv motor in theirs to try and run 70 mph like a Traxxas and blow it to bits, but there will always be people like that (who keep the hobby shops in business).
:oops:

I did have a cop use a radar on my car and lets just say I was recklessly speeding where I did it. The only time ive experienced trouble with the 6 gear anyways is when I tried to run it with 2.8" wheels lol.

The velineon 3500kv on 3s with 1/16 e revo (2.0")wheels worked real nice :lol: