Jrx2 body on ebay any good?

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

License2iLL
Approved Member

Jrx2 body on ebay any good?

Post by License2iLL »

Seller is blueoval something? Is it true to original? Is ther a good cleanng agent for removing paint from an old? Im going to restore a shelf queen.
Glad to be back in this hobby so many many years later. To see new things and to recollect on ALL cool vintage models!
As well as to BUILD :
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27591
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33429

pmathews924
Approved Member

Re: Jrx2 body on ebay any good?

Post by pmathews924 »

I'm thinking about buying one from them too...was kind of wondering how durable they are, specifically the proSE/slipper gear cover.

I remember back in the day you could crack one of those gear covers by looking at it wrong, lol.
Losi Jrx2 Pro
Kyosho Big Brute (work in progress)

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The teambluegroove bodies are fine for durability but they are slightly undersized INCLUDING the gear cover which will typically be a tight fit. The body mount holes are usually a bit off as the bodies are shrunk a bit. Typically it looks just fine but on some bodies like the Traxxas Bullet where they cage pokes thru is stronger than the original but dimensionally off just a bit.

That said, I use a lot of their bodies and they have always treated me well. They are not well liked on this forum by the people that have been here a while- I got on this site well after the stuff went down so I can only speak from my own experience.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

License2iLL
Approved Member

Post by License2iLL »

im gonna give my original a good inspection and maybe find something to get the paint off. Or just end up rolling dice on teamblue.
Glad to be back in this hobby so many many years later. To see new things and to recollect on ALL cool vintage models!
As well as to BUILD :
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27591
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33429

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

My experience, comparing TBG repros to originals that I still have...

-TBG bodies are usually nice and thick. At least as thick as the originals.

-TBG bodies have more indistinct body lines; compare a TBG Optima body to a stock Optima body--which is a highly-detailed body with a lot of subtle intricacies in the design--and you'll really see a difference in the details. The TBG repros lack clarity and distinctness in the details, and I imagine it's the same for all of their bodies that were done by pulling molds from existing Lexan bodies.

-For that matter, compare a Marwan-made Optima body with a TBG body and you'll see the difference in detail.

-TBG bodies are all slightly undersized. It might only be a few to 5%, and might not matter much for simple body designs like the original RC10, but for complex designs with bodies that are finicky to fit onto the shock tower body pin holes (Optima is a great example), that couple percent undersize makes cutting out and mounting those bodies an absolute pain in the ASS. The TBG Optima Mid repro gearbox cover BARELY fits. By the time you've massaged it into place and screwed it on and off a few times, you'll see internal stress cracks forming inside the Lexan eventually.

It's great that TBG does repros of hard-to-find bodies that would be otherwise near-impossible to find, or afford (if you could find them), but they go about their manufacturing the cheap way, not the careful way.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3