Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by ChisaiKuso »

R/Cat wrote:
klavy69 wrote:I believe there were 'slight differences' between old and new...don't remember them stating they'd be marked but I really haven't been following it all that close. So all the flippers that don't know this stuff will be trying to pass the new stuff off as originals in 6 months making it really hard to figure out if you wanna bid or not...

Todd
Exactly. As someone still contemplating a used original vs a re-re (leaning towards the re-re :) ), that's what I'm worried about the most if I wait until AFTER the release date which is why I'm not. Once re-re parts/cars trickle out and mix in with the original stuff people will be innocently and not-so-innocently mixing and matching original and re-re parts while claiming they're all one or the other which makes it risky to buy anything RC10-related after the September release date depending on what it's being advertised as. There will be a lot of scammers and flippers looking to cash-in so trust no one.
x3 ..... I'm scrambling to finish a few project RC10s before the new parts become available. As a collector and enthusiast of the vintage cars, I don't want any re-release parts knowingly or unknowingly used in any of my builds.

Maybe I better go start a "wanted" thread and surf eBay again. :lol:
Something clever goes here...

fredswain
Approved Member

Post by fredswain »

Cliff did state that it will come with dogbones and not cvd's. He also started that while all of the parts will be compatible with the old cars, they will look slightly different to preserve the value of the originals. From the parts pictures so far they do look very close but slightly different. If you know what you are looking at you'll be able to tell them apart.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

atarit3 wrote:I'm just pumped I'll have some A-Arm mounts finally for my runner!

Tower hobbies shows they'll be there mid september!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDSXV&P=7

and a new front chassis plate, badly needed, although a bit pricey...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDSWM&P=7

Either way my runner is hitting the track soon!!!
chassis plate $27 was $9 rear arm mounts $5 was $2 chassis is $72 was $35 looks like most parts will be 2 to 3x the old prices... im so glad i bought out hobby shop when this stuff was "junk" / bargain bin parts 8)

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I don't see anything wrong with the pricing, if you adjusted for inflation from 84' then your at that price point.

Add up a basic kit street price from 84' lets say=$129.00, now the street price on the re-re =$249.

The increase in price is about 95% from 1984-

Adjust for inflation at 3% per year x 30 years equaling 90% increase-

Now do it for the chassis: 84'-$30-$39 (through entire production time), current: $71...about +90% again.

I think that the pricing is spot on.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Well just caught up from page 70...seems the same story, did enjoy the pics posted and currently downloading the podcast. Fingers still crossed I get one...and not the fact that I'm lazy, I just want one dang it! (Besides, I'll be enjoying it while restoring a few RC10s I picked up) Looks like it'll get to y'all about a month before I get home too. So I'll get to see all you lucky guys posting for a month while I'm finishing up this tour! JERKS (premature but much needed). I really wouldn't mind ordering some more for my youngest two boys since the RC10 was my first real racing RC car. I think it would be fun to help them wrench even know they are young. Well see y'all in the near future as it seems I stray away for a bit with our current workload.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the pricing, if you adjusted for inflation from 84' then your at that price point.

Add up a basic kit street price from 84' lets say=$129.00, now the street price on the re-re =$249.

The increase in price is about 95% from 1984-

Adjust for inflation at 3% per year x 30 years equaling 90% increase-

Now do it for the chassis: 84'-$30-$39 (through entire production time), current: $71...about +90% again.

I think that the pricing is spot on.
dont believe the hype i bet they would make $$ at $45 a chassis [youtube]LK8sxngSWaU[/youtube]

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

They might make money at $10 per chassis, but is it enough money to make it worth the efforts that they are going through?

No-

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Dog bones! No UJs? Lame.
GARBO 1/8

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Is the tie rod set just a length of 4-40 rod? :lol:

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

kink wrote:Dog bones! No UJs? Lame.
MIP makes a nice set for the original RC10, fit them if you absolutely have to have them, otherwise refer back to the spirit and intent of this re-release to offer it like the original 6-gear cars were!!

If you listened to the podcast mentioned earlier about vintage racing and the purpose of the re-re, you'd understand that Cliff respects the option for hobbyists to build their car and modify it with aftermarket parts. There's your opening for the UJ's you're salivating over.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I like what they are doing. Giving us the same basis that we had back in the day to build upon. Different people will expect different things, personally even the bearing part is OK with me cause they are so cheap now. With a stealth trans, front arms, turnbuckles and front tower and shocks it becomes a championship edition. If they are successful I hope the aftermarket will be back, can you imagine seeing JG, RPM, Houge, Robinson, maybe even Hot Trick (lol) make a reappearance? How cool would that be!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

atarit3
Approved Member

Post by atarit3 »

I'm working my way through the latest RIP podcast ( http://radioimpound.podbean.com/ ). Seems Jason Ruona's ( http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/jconcepts/about) recent trip to the west coast he stopped by Team Associated. No, he didn't get his "Stealth" car, BUT he did get so hold a new Reproduction kit. Said he was one of the few that was able to get one on pre-order but now he's even more pumped about building and racing it when he gets it.
"To finish first, you must first finish"- Rick Mears
http://www.facebook.com/YumaRCRaceway
http://www.facebook.com/groups/rceofyuma

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Thanks Web Steve!

Among other cool stuff, I see the killer diamond wing mounts are baaack! :twisted:
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6191/
-Kevin

atarit3
Approved Member

Post by atarit3 »

teman wrote:Thanks Web Steve!

Among other cool stuff, I see the killer diamond wing mounts are baaack! :twisted:
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6191/
Pre-bent? What madness!! not even a wrench mark!

still pretty cool though. Should be easier for user's to grab another off the shelf at the hobby shop and get back racing when it loosens and eventually flies off the buggy :)
"To finish first, you must first finish"- Rick Mears
http://www.facebook.com/YumaRCRaceway
http://www.facebook.com/groups/rceofyuma

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

That's it!! I'm cancelling the wheels, blame Dmat! :twisted: I expected a bit of flack for the last ones, but everyone wanting everything was what sunk it: I don't blow off products unless there is a GOOD reason (Or if Dmat makes a comment. :P )

So it's September now, eh? Not unexpected but Rats! I've seen releases get pushed back several times, taking a LONG time (Think Venom GPV-1 bike) so hope that is not the case here. Chris REC (stands for "Really, Everything's Cancelled!" :shock: )