batteries?

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Barnfind
Approved Member

batteries?

Post by Barnfind »

with my rc10 I have a bunch of old batteries that I got with it that just don't hod a charge longer then a few minutes and don't cut it anymore. I'm looking for a battery that is not to expensive yet still efficient and worth getting. anybody know of some??
Attachments
batteries.jpg
the batteries I currently use
batteries.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
batteries.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 1628 times

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Re: batteries?

Post by justinspeed79 »

If cheap and easy is your main concern I would suggest nimh stick packs from Ebay. You can get them in groups like 5 packs for $50. Probably not the best quality, but probably pretty good for the money. What kind of charger do you have? An old nicad charger isn't going to charge anything (properly) but old nicads.....

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

If you're going to buy on Ebay, be sure to buy something name brand. I took a chance on some cheap 5000 mah packs from China ($13 each) and they wouldn't charge for crap and would run for about 2 mins before dumping. Refund on those.

I've had really good luck with these Tower Hobbies 3000 mah packs. I run them in my son's cars and have had the same pack going strong for 2 years now. Best part is they are only $17.49.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Barnfind
Approved Member

Post by Barnfind »

justinspeed79 wrote:If cheap and easy is your main concern I would suggest nimh stick packs from Ebay. You can get them in groups like 5 packs for $50. Probably not the best quality, but probably pretty good for the money. What kind of charger do you have? An old nicad charger isn't going to charge anything (properly) but old nicads.....
I have an older charger that came with the car when I got it, I don't really know anything about it sorry
Attachments
charger.jpg

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Yeah, that's a nicad charger. It is possible to charge nimh's with those, but I would strongly recommend getting a peak detection charger for nimh.

Barnfind
Approved Member

Post by Barnfind »

justinspeed79 wrote:Yeah, that's a nicad charger. It is possible to charge nimh's with those, but I would strongly recommend getting a peak detection charger for nimh.
Do you have a link or picture of one of these chargers