Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rcrob
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by rcrob »

Taylorm wrote: You think Associated bringing the old car out again is a "yippee!"...why are you on this forum then??
...Foe added.... :lol:
Been there, done that.

To me, 30 years after the fact, it's about like you young guys getting all excited about seeing your grandma naked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

fredswain wrote: For those of us the grew up in that time, it was fun. It was what we knew. We didn't know anything else and as such didn't know that there was an easier or better way to do things. We didn't feel that 5 minute run times were terrible. We thought 6 minute run times were awesome! It's all about perspective. We didn't know that replacing brushes and cleaning motors was a chore. It's what you did. I can see how it would be tough for someone who wasn't there to fully understand what significance of this car is. I can pretty much already predict that when it's released there will be newer people that will buy it because of the hype who will end up hating the car. It won't handle as well. It will be tougher to build and will be less forgiving at the track. While that is all completely valid compared to the offerings that are available today, it's just the way things were back then. Things may have been tougher but it's what we knew and enjoyed. For many, having this car is all about temporarily reliving a time period in our lives with others that is long gone. A fun time period.
+1 :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

rcrob wrote:
Taylorm wrote: You think Associated bringing the old car out again is a "yippee!"...why are you on this forum then??
...Foe added.... :lol:
Been there, done that.

To me, it's about like you young guys getting all excited about seeing your grandma naked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taylorm wrote:why are you on this forum then??
:?:

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

scr8p wrote: :?:
Somebody asked for opinions, I gave mine.
If you're going to take what I said out of context, I don't know what to tell you. :roll:
MelvinsArmy wrote:Is everybody excited to have a new RC10 that they can run and not be afraid of scratching and breaking, or are people more excited to have a new box to put on the shelf to collect dust as an "investment"? All this talk and concern about limited numbers begs the question.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Let it go.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

He asked why are you on this forum? With all your been there done that talk, you may be more suited to a forum that deals with more modern stuff.

Or you just think third times a charm.....

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

fredswain wrote:.
I predict that when it's released there will be newer people that will buy it because of the hype who will end up hating the car. It won't handle as well. It will be tougher to build and will be less forgiving at the track. While that is all completely valid compared to the offerings that are available today,
Are you guys just discovering the rere phenom now, or what? You are predicting an obvious thing here... Been like this with tamiya rere for years now... And still it doesnt deter them from goiing on :)

Rcrob do you have anything positive/constructive to say or some knowledge to share or some cool vintage cars to show, please? Thank you...

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

scr8p wrote:He asked why are you on this forum? With all your been there done that talk, you may be more suited to a forum that deals with more modern stuff.

Or you just think third times a charm.....
He was joking, I would hope. Otherwise it's none of his business.

I don't understand your obsession. You know they make meds for that kind of stuff. :lol:

Go pick on one of the other guys that, like me, thinks people aren't going to be as excited about these once they try to build and run them.

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

Lonestar wrote: Rcrob do you have anything positive/constructive to say or some knowledge to share or some cool vintage cars to show, please? Thank you...

Paul
Paul, I haven't been negative, just talking like everyone else. You're welcome to come over and visit so you can see my old worlds and nats cars from back in the 80s if you'd like.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

rcrob wrote:I don't understand your obsession. You know they make meds for that kind of stuff. :lol:
i'm on all kinds of meds. but they don't seem to let me forget #8.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=154

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

scr8p wrote:
rcrob wrote:I don't understand your obsession. You know they make meds for that kind of stuff. :lol:

They must have you seeing something that's not there, because I don't have multiple accounts.

You'll do what you want, I don't really care. It's not like you're paying me to be here. :roll:

It's one thing to be bullied by the wanna bees living in their mom's basement, kinda pathetic to have mods doing the bullying.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Ya, ok chief.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

rcrob wrote:
scr8p wrote:

They must have you seeing something that's not there, because I don't have multiple accounts.

You'll do what you want, I don't really care. It's not like you're paying me to be here. :roll:

It's one thing to be bullied by the wanna bees living in their mom's basement, kinda pathetic to have mods doing the bullying.
Highly doubt he is doing anything of the sort, Being the new guy here you might want tread a little lighter. We all respect the opinion... Nough said.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Wow this thread took a left turn.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

rcrob wrote:
Lonestar wrote: Rcrob do you have anything positive/constructive to say or some knowledge to share or some cool vintage cars to show, please? Thank you...

Paul
Paul, I haven't been negative, just talking like everyone else. You're welcome to come over and visit so you can see my old worlds and nats cars from back in the 80s if you'd like.
Then all I'm asking is you post some pics and descriptions on them on the forum to at least show us you're not just here to post stuff... I assume you are now getting the feeling that there is some resentment building towards you at the moment. So now might be time to embrace the values of this forum you basically just joined and share some vintage "content", just like most of us do :)

Now back to topic - on oOple Jimmy is already laying the foundations of a spec class... Do you think this could be the case in the US? Let's not even speak about western europe :D

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

rcrob wrote:
scr8p wrote:

Funny thing about bullying, it can be done in a passive aggressive way too, kind of like gnats flying in your face. When you mean wanna bees, you mean guys that ran the worlds, but didn't A-main?