Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:
longboardnj wrote:as i asked before will you need the 6606 bearing adapter to run bearings?
in the original 6 gear, you need them period. bushings or bearings.
all my 6 gears i run have bearings but i thought some one told me (long time ago)if you had a bushing 6 gear you need the 6606 bearing adapter cause the bushing trans has a different size in that location and thats why you need the bearing adapter 6606. is that correct? i have not converted a bushing trans to bearing so i was not sure.

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Placed my pre-order :D , but it did not show the -$25.00 at tower. Figure that will happen once it ships.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

longboardnj wrote:all my 6 gears i run have bearings but i thought some one told me (long time ago)if you had a bushing 6 gear you need the 6606 bearing adapter cause the bushing trans has a different size in that location and thats why you need the bearing adapter 6606. is that correct? i have not converted a bushing trans to bearing so i was not sure.
6606 is used whether you had bushings or bearings.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

FYI
The only place shops can order these cars is great planes Dist.... I have been told they have sold out of what is coming...so looks like some will get some in august and others that put in theirs orders later will get them on the second boat...

I was told my order was early :) so I should be good.. :)
But with all that said... I am going to limit my confirmed sales to 10 cars... I reached the 10 car limit

Still taking pre-orders just under stand that I am only going to confirm the first 10 cars will ship on the first batch.

I do have 20 on order but they way things work, sometimes they will only ship part of the order. I got verbal confirmation today that everything should be fine for our order. I just don't want to over sell the cars... I will still accept back orders and fill them in the order they were placed but with the understanding that cars 11-20 could take some time to get.. ( OR not)

I will get some questions on this, so feel free to pm me. Don't post on this thread.
Mods if you want please move this post to the BST or wherever you feel it needs to go.

Bill Cline
Have a nice day! :)

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

soniccj5 wrote:Placed my pre-order :D , but it did not show the -$25.00 at tower. Figure that will happen once it ships.
Placing a pre-order only gives you dibs on one when they get their shipment. You haven't paid yet.
They can't apply any discount until they actually charge your credit/debit card.

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

I ordered early Monday (as soon as I got the email) from tower. Really hope I get one off the first boat. Serial numbers on the tubs would be awesome...

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I ordered Sunday morning from Tower, around 2am. ;)

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Might not be a bad idea to buy a scratched up tub and put the original aside untill your done running the car.

If the car is limited so will the parts. I doubt AE is going to run off tons of extra parts unless the demand is there.

I think too much is unknown at this stage even by them. My guess is the first batch of 2000 is a test to see how viable it is. If the demand is there we will see more cars.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

rcrob wrote:
Anybody that enjoyed that says they enjoyed the experience of building a 6-gear, well ...................... :lol:
Why would anybody feel bad about buying an old-stock RC10 and running it?
So there's a chance of having availability of more cars that are outdated? Yippee!
I'm guessing it'd be a safe bet that these new cars won't be made using nylon, while or otherwise.
There still tons of old-stock parts out there, last I checked - my "vintage RC10" search on ebay is the largest of an of them I have.
It's been widely noted in the past that the old molds and stampings are gone. It's not a "real RC10" in the same sense that fake boobs aren't real boobs. :wink:
Congrats you just made my ignore list, and only 22 posts into your time on this forum! You must be well versed in the art of Internet forum trolling.

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

rcrob wrote:
85Edinger wrote:
mtbkym01 wrote: My motto is "If I can touch them.......they're real" :lol:
Come on man, you're into tamiya collecting. What do you know about real? :lol:
Say what you want about Tamiya buddy, simple fact is, without Tamiya this hobby would be a 1/4 the size it is, without doubt they were the front runner in markets all over the world. I bet more people started with a Tamiya ........(insert whatever budget 2wd model here) than anything else, of course WE all moved onto more race oriented platforms (me being a Schumacher CAT XLS), but Tamiya sits at (and deserves to be) right near the head of the table.... 8)
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

flipwils11 wrote:
rcrob wrote:
Anybody that enjoyed that says they enjoyed the experience of building a 6-gear, well ...................... :lol:
Why would anybody feel bad about buying an old-stock RC10 and running it?
So there's a chance of having availability of more cars that are outdated? Yippee!
I'm guessing it'd be a safe bet that these new cars won't be made using nylon, while or otherwise.
There still tons of old-stock parts out there, last I checked - my "vintage RC10" search on ebay is the largest of an of them I have.
It's been widely noted in the past that the old molds and stampings are gone. It's not a "real RC10" in the same sense that fake boobs aren't real boobs. :wink:
Congrats you just made my ignore list, and only 22 posts into your time on this forum! You must be well versed in the art of Internet forum trolling.
X2 on this. This is what this site was created for and for the people who lived the era of these. If this does not get your excitement up if even a little you are in the wrong place. I'm sure there is room at a Traxass site.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

flipwils11 wrote: Congrats you just made my ignore list, and only 22 posts into your time on this forum! You must be well versed in the art of Internet forum trolling.
I gave my opinion, as was asked. I guess 1500 posts allows you to be a pompous bullying jerk. Jeez, grow up. :roll: :roll: :roll:

250r
Approved Member

Post by 250r »

Second on the rcrob ignore list. I just finished up running my woin car and a stock ce with my buddy at his track. We ran for a few hrs never even looked at our losi sctes sitting on the table. That's what I love about the rc10s . I doesent matter if you buy one to look at or run. It's a personal decision. This is all about fun in the end right . I grew up with all the rc10s and still have 20 or so but I'm still ordered two new ones. To look at on the shelf one built one in a box. The woin car and the ces I build for my friends to run will always get a work out when it's time to race. Most people on this site just have a love for the rc10. Im excited to see it and greatful to ae for bringing it back for us.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i like turtles.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Well sucks being out of the loop here in Afghanistan. Someone sent me Tower's link on Facebook (about the only thing I have time to check)...wifey keeps hording the money into savings so not enough in my checking currently. So looks like in nine days I'll have to preorder myself. Now if I can only convince her I need two! lol. I'll be ripping open the box as soon as I get my hands on it. I don't really do the whole investment thing but maybe just maybe I'll get a second one to keep in the sealed box. But that's really not my idea of fun. Good luck everyone with their pre orders.