Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by RC10th »

Tower is the "store front" for Great Planes, they supply hobby shops across the country, same with Horizon. There is a third HRP but you don't hear much about them.

Great Planes/Tower dont carry Losi or JR products as Horizon has the rights to those, same as Horizon doesn't carry Hanger 9, Duratrax or Hobbico.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Lonestar wrote:
gomachv wrote:Tower is Great Planes and they are one of the top distributors that feed all the shops across the USA, so they will be getting a few :mrgreen:
Tower distributes AE to other (non hobbico/greatplanes) stores? In other words, they are an importer? didn't know that...
Tower Hobbies (on line retail sales) is a division of Hobbico Greatplanes. Great Planes is a distributor! The shop I work for ( http://www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/ ) orders most of their AE product from Great Planes! My RC10 Classic cars will be coming from Great Planes!

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

didn't know tower was actually a distributors for other than their "own" brands (durango, arrma, axial, duracrap, aquacraft, and the others)... I had no idea they were actually distributing AE across the continent...

cool to learn every day :)

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Is everybody excited to have a new RC100 that they can run and not be afraid of scratching and breaking, or are people more excited to have a new box to put on the shelf to collect dust as an "investment"? All this talk and concern about limited numbers begs the question.

Inquiring minds want to know.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

all talk of buying bearings do you think you need a 6606 to add bearings??

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Is everybody excited to have a new RC100 that they can run and not be afraid of scratching and breaking, or are people more excited to have a new box to put on the shelf to collect dust as an "investment"? All this talk and concern about limited numbers begs the question.

The investment is in my own happiness, both for the one I intend to build run and the one I'll keep sealed in the box. I ordered a third one but that might be a shelfer.

For the one I intend to run, I don't know yet if I'll treat it overly harshly i.e. bashing up and over curbs scratching the underside. It will be used, but not abused. :mrgreen:

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

I would think most of them will be built and put on a shelf, don't really need bearings for that. But if you want them they are a heck of a lot cheaper in 2013, and they can be your first Hop-up :wink:

As far as running, I will still grab a used one and add scratches to it. Plenty of great runners still floating around and maybe some new parts to keep them going.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Dang them! I HATE when companies only make a small limited number of product that's only available for a short time, leaving lots of people out in the cold! :lol: I think I'll hafta score one to build for the shelf.

As a Ltd. Release, I wonder what the spare parts situation will end up looking like? (And if anyone will want an Alloy 6-gear case. :) ) Chris REC

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

I barely run any of my cars anymore now and my RC10 will be no different, but I will build it and I will run it lovingly. I am not buying any of the cars I have as an investment. I have bought and sold some cars but the cars in my collection are for me to enjoy and for my kids to figure out what the heck do do with them when I am gone. Hopefully they will be able to get some money out of them but that is not why I have bough any of my cars.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Is everybody excited to have a new RC100 that they can run and not be afraid of scratching and breaking, or are people more excited to have a new box to put on the shelf to collect dust as an "investment"? All this talk and concern about limited numbers begs the question.

Are any of us going to be alive long enough for the decades to pass in order to make buying these as an investment-for-future-profit worthwhile? :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I intend to build mine. Watching them collect dust is no fun. I mean, look at the guy trying to sell a case of RC10s on ebay recently. Talk about a drop in value. I wonder if he knew about the re-release.

rcrob
Approved Member

Post by rcrob »

I can't see that they will have any "investment" value, as they're not the real deal. Kinda like fake boobs, they look good but deep down inside everybody knows they're not real. I mean the A-stamped cars aren't worth what the Edinger (sp?) originals are, so how can these ever even approach those kind of re-sale numbers or values?
I lost count, trying to tally up how many people only logged in here saying they were pre-ordering one, or two or three - and I'm guessing 75% will change their mind when it comes time to send in their credit card information.
If people were really that interested in having a runner, they'd have already snapped up one of the dozens or so originals for sale on ebay any given day, or just slowly assembled the parts necessary to build one.
And I'm not sure about it starting a vintage class based on one car, as I tend to think they're going to be like the bolink legends car. The coolest thing ever when they came out, everybody wanted one, they looked cool and different - but between them handling like piles (because of the antiquated design) and the inability to do anything to them as a result of class restrictions, people lost interest rather quickly.
It was like I was reading, somewhere, RPM made a run of front and rear A-arms for the originals and found out the cars just weren't as popular as people thought because they could't sell them and they now have no interest in producing anything else for the car. You can still get them at Tower, they have tons in the bins.
I see a lot of people excited about the RC10 re-re, just because, but I don't think the overwhelming majority ever had one or have any idea how badly (compared to current cars) these were out of the box.
I've mentioned a couple of times that I think it will be funny when people start fighting getting the 6-gear tranny to work halfway decently, and not a single person has asked why - and I know it's because they've never built a 6-gear.

I'm going to be really surprised if these things are still The Buzz in a year.

I'd really love to see vintage racing explode, but at the same time I think my expectations are a bit more realistic. I just don't know.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Coelacanth wrote:

Are any of us going to be alive long enough for the decades to pass in order to make buying these as an investment-for-future-profit worthwhile? :?
I intend to leave one NIB. Maybe not so much for investment but I just enjoy having new kits for some reason. If the resale sweet spot is 25 years I hope I am still kicking at 60. :wink:
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I use the word "investment" sarcastically. Anyone who collects rc cars as in investment probably shouldn't be allowed to handle money.

And in my experience, it seems that anything that is designed to be a limited run "collectors item" usually isn't worth collecting at all. Especially remakes of old products. Nascar diecasts, guitars, bmx stuff, Tamiya, Schwinn, and on and on and on. Good thing these things aren't serial numbered or there would probably be a big deal about trying to score a kit with a low number.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

rcrob wrote: I've mentioned a couple of times that I think it will be funny when people start fighting getting the 6-gear tranny to work halfway decently, and not a single person has asked why
Well, it is a vintage rc10 site......